Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 02:54 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rideon
I don't think it's impossible, but I would like to see it!! If it were easy every one would do it. The nice thing about the Fuel Moto builds is they seem to be very repeatable with many happy customers with reliable rides, not some dyno queen that makes big numbers but rides like ****.
Here, this is not a scientific comparison at all, but hopefully you'll get the point. I've posted a copy of my dyno below. Now remember, this is just stage 1, cams and a tune. Now, if you back up a few pages in this thread and compare some of Jamie's dyno charts, you'll see that in his builds, if you take any of them without headwork, and compare them to the same builds WITH headwork, you'll see an average of gain of ten HP. Like I said, not a direct comparison, but it's a safe assumption that you can gain 10 HP with just headwork and a slight bump in compression.

Attached Thumbnails 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto-jeffgfinal.jpg  
Old 02-14-2012, 03:08 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
Here, this is not a scientific comparison at all, but hopefully you'll get the point. I've posted a copy of my dyno below. Now remember, this is just stage 1, cams and a tune. Now, if you back up a few pages in this thread and compare some of Jamie's dyno charts, you'll see that in his builds, if you take any of them without headwork, and compare them to the same builds WITH headwork, you'll see an average of gain of ten HP. Like I said, not a direct comparison, but it's a safe assumption that you can gain 10 HP with just headwork and a slight bump in compression.
I realize you need compression to make power, buddy was talking about bolting some parts on a stock 96", he didn't say anything about bumping compression. The componets need to match, cams, heads and compression to make good power.

Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

just so y'all know, the dudes handle is chin-bagger, not china-bagger. i had to go back and double check. and you know that just evokes all kinds of mental pictures, none of which are any good

Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 PM
ndfrspd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
just so y'all know, the dudes handle is chin-bagger, not china-bagger. i had to go back and double check. and you know that just evokes all kinds of mental pictures, none of which are any good
Thanks skratch, I did some editing, and yes I try not to hold onto any mental pics either. ndfrspd

Old 02-14-2012, 06:07 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
Ahhh yes, but thanks to skratch, now even those of us who didn't have mental pictures are stricken with them now!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:27 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by frog13
Ahhh yes, but thanks to skratch, now even those of us who didn't have mental pictures are stricken with them now!
bwahahaha... my work here is done

Old 02-15-2012, 05:58 AM
chinbagger
Advanced

You are obviously clueless, I'm sure fuelmoto stuff is bad ***, don't know, don't know anyone who runs it, all my boys run TMAN stuff, I can tell you now that you are sadly mistaken if you think a 96 and especially a 103 isn't gonna pull 100hp all day long on a dyno with great heads and an aggressive cam. I ride my RG like a dyna and that's how its set up, roll to vegas and you'll see how a RG that weighs 800lbs get's ridden hard. Theres many people that ride baggers aggressively....I'm one of them, and hence the reason for wanting real horse power out of a 107 build. I'm done talking to you, build your 107 with a rippin 100hp and ride it with a smile on your face....

Originally Posted by rideon
I would love to see a stock 96/103 with a cam and heads make a 100hp!!!

I think your a little fixated on dyno numbers. Big numbers don't necessarily mean a great riding/running bike. Dyno numbers are at WFO throttle, which happens how often on your 800 plus pound tourer?

Dyno's can vary greatly on numbers from one to another and if you stick to a proven combination like Fuel Moto's, whick I think is one helluva deal for the buck then you will get the great running bike everyone wants!

Old 02-15-2012, 06:12 AM
chinbagger
Advanced

I've ridden with all sorts of guys, money and no money and all sorts of riding styles, I don't judge anyone as far as really talking ****. I'm all about getting on a bike and riding, for me and my boys, we roll hard every where. I started just stating a fact that I have never in my life seen people build bigger motors such as 107's and shoot for 100hp, Whether that other dude realizes it or not more than a couple of my boys have TMAN kits in there DYNA's with 96's and they pull those numbers all day long. Do dyno's read different from one to the other, yes, does the humidity matter yes, who dyno's there bike 400 times and takes an average, you go to the people you trust and hope you get the best tune possible. My post had nothing to do with money, it had to do with why even step to a 107 and be happy with 100hp, in my humble opinion that is a huge waste of time, let me add once again my RK had all SE parts with a 95ci motor and pulled over 100 hp/torq, and I beat the **** out of that thing and it was a very reliable bike and a bad *** build. I wasn't on hear to cut people up and talk ****, I was just stating that i'm building a 107 because i'm hoping and praying I will be pushing over 120hp/torq, i've already seen it happen on my same build on another bike, it was actually more towards 130. I am not bashing fuelmoto by any means. Could actually care less about who builds your motors, it was about the 107 thing......so all you guys that are up tight about me saying your gay for building a 107 and loving the fact that you got 100hp out of it, I guess it is what it is.....

Originally Posted by ndfrspd
chinbagger, I don't expect to get smoked by a built 96, 103, or many built 107's for that matter when My 107 is completed. I too will taking advantage of an aggressive approach with a combination of research, parts, machining, and Dyno in order to get the most from My build into the 120-125ish+ hp/tq zone. But that's Me and is a representation of My riding style and willingness to invest the necessary resources of time and funds to accomplish My goal. Not everyone has the same interest or wants or needs in a build, but I see no reason to knock them for Their depth of a build but rather congradulate Them on Their mods. Our ways aren't Their ways. ndfrspd out

Old 02-15-2012, 06:28 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member

fuelmoto does have two different 107 kits. one that is what you would consider 'mild', for those of us who prefer to keep our bikes reliable or aren't looking for big numbers or having to do extra work, like welding cranks, etc.

then there is the 'other' build which will result in much bigger numbers. built especially for wildmen like you.

Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 AM
chinbagger
Advanced

i'm sorry for having such a strong opinion, I have no knowledge of anything, i'm just a young kid with no life experiences. I'm just a newbie to the bike thing, i've been riding since I was 6 yrs old and on street bikes since I was 15 but this is the first time ive ever got into motors. I guess I missed the whole point of building motors, i thought it was to ride fast and hard. I guess some guys like to just pass cars and go back to the speed limit. maybe a stage 1 and some slip ons would be a more cost effective build for some of the guys all bent out of shape about my (opinion).

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Dude (hougz) you need to step back and re evaluate life priorities, motor work vs wedding????????????? Come on guy, have any friends tried an intervention yet? Unless its your daughters wedding get paper plates have a bbq and do whatever motor work you want. Statistically you will likely be riding bike longer than you will a new wife.

Chinabagger thanks for your vast knowledge ( opinion ), remember you are not talking to a bunch of newbies here, some of them actually been down this road many times.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto