Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 08:17 AM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by chinbagger
I don't need to research anything...I've built many bikes and participated in my boys builds....you obviously don't get it....for the last time...there is no reason to jump to a 107 for a mere 100hp when you can push a 96/103 to that with a cam and heads....but your a genius obviously....mind as well build a 124 pushin those numbers...makes complete sense, then you can get smoked by a dude on a built 96....
I would love to see a stock 96/103 with a cam and heads make a 100hp!!!

I think your a little fixated on dyno numbers. Big numbers don't necessarily mean a great riding/running bike. Dyno numbers are at WFO throttle, which happens how often on your 800 plus pound tourer?

Dyno's can vary greatly on numbers from one to another and if you stick to a proven combination like Fuel Moto's, whick I think is one helluva deal for the buck then you will get the great running bike everyone wants!

Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Once again I wasn't slamming your business, i was talking about the guys that want to upgrade to 107's but only pull 100hp...my thing is if your gonna jump your motor up then do it and don't be half *** about it. If you only want 100hp then stick with your 96 or 103 and just do heads and cams on it and you should already be there depending on your combo. I have seen my friends do it time and time again. I want alot of HP and i'm going from a 103 to a 107 because I don't want to mess with my crank as of yet. But i'm all in at a 107 hoping for the most...not 100hp.....I guess my daddy told me, if your gonna do it then do it, don't come half ***, If its a money thing then why jump to a 107 if your not gonna crank it out....that's all i'm saying....once agian not a slam to you, I know your giving people what they want.....chill out...it was more towards the people jumping out of there chairs cause they pulled 100hp out of a weak 107 combo......heads;cams/good dyno tune would get you there with a 96....
Dude, you need to chill out! Might want to get out of the sun for a few minutes, appears you might be overdone. I wasn't gonna comment, but seriously, someone had to. First off, nobody cares what your "daddy" told you. Second, maybe it is a money thing, maybe my plan isn't your plan. I threw a cam, tuner, pipes and air on my 103", very happy. Going to do the 107" kit next week, yep, without heads. Going to do the heads later because my budget won't cut it all at once. So, according to you, that's half ***, but here's the deal .....If that bothers you so much, let me know and I'll tell you where to wire the money so I can do it "right according to you", until then, crawl back in your hole, we all know you are far superior to the rest of us, we don't need any more reminders.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:22 AM
ndfrspd
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't need to research anything...I've built many bikes and participated in my boys builds....you obviously don't get it....for the last time...there is no reason to jump to a 107 for a mere 100hp when you can push a 96/103 to that with a cam and heads....but your a genius obviously....mind as well build a 124 pushin those numbers...makes complete sense, then you can get smoked by a dude on a built 96....
chinbagger, I don't expect to get smoked by a built 96, 103, or many built 107's for that matter when My 107 is completed. I too will taking advantage of an aggressive approach with a combination of research, parts, machining, and Dyno in order to get the most from My build into the 120-125ish+ hp/tq zone. But that's Me and is a representation of My riding style and willingness to invest the necessary resources of time and funds to accomplish My goal. Not everyone has the same interest or wants or needs in a build, but I see no reason to knock them for Their depth of a build but rather congradulate Them on Their mods. Our ways aren't Their ways. ndfrspd out

Last edited by ndfrspd; 02-14-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:26 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rideon
I would love to see a stock 96/103 with a cam and heads make a 100hp!!!

I think your a little fixated on dyno numbers. Big numbers don't necessarily mean a great riding/running bike. Dyno numbers are at WFO throttle, which happens how often on your 800 plus pound tourer?

Dyno's can vary greatly on numbers from one to another and if you stick to a proven combination like Fuel Moto's, whick I think is one helluva deal for the buck then you will get the great running bike everyone wants!
While I'm NOT backing the troll, and am a huge fan of Jamies (I will be doing the 107" soon, and have already had him do my cams and dyno), I'm pretty sure you could get 100/110 out of a 96" with cams and head work. I'm getting 90/104 with just cams and a tune. I'm pretty sure doing the heads could get me around another 10 hp. But as the gentleman stated a post or two above me, my build is on a budget. I'll do the 107" first, and at some point in the future do the heads. Everything will still be matched to work with each other, just on a longer time-line.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:34 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff.georgalas
While I'm NOT backing the troll, and am a huge fan of Jamies (I will be doing the 107" soon, and have already had him do my cams and dyno), I'm pretty sure you could get 100/110 out of a 96" with cams and head work. I'm getting 90/104 with just cams and a tune. I'm pretty sure doing the heads could get me around another 10 hp. But as the gentleman stated a post or two above me, my build is on a budget. I'll do the 107" first, and at some point in the future do the heads. Everything will still be matched to work with each other, just on a longer time-line.
Yup, my plan too. For me reliability is a huge factor. So if I can get over 100/100 without a super high compression motor, I'm all about it. Plus, as much as I know I'll like 120+ hp, I want the novelty to wear off of 100/100 first. I'm going to have this bike for a long time, no need to blow my load right away. Plus I have a wedding to pay for and the fiance already is less than trilled about $2,000 going into my motor instead of tablecloths...LOL

Old 02-14-2012, 12:36 PM
rideon
Road Warrior
Received 111 Likes on 74 Posts

I don't think it's impossible, but I would like to see it!! If it were easy every one would do it. The nice thing about the Fuel Moto builds is they seem to be very repeatable with many happy customers with reliable rides, not some dyno queen that makes big numbers but rides like ****.

Old 02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rideon
I don't think it's impossible, but I would like to see it!! If it were easy every one would do it. The nice thing about the Fuel Moto builds is they seem to be very repeatable with many happy customers with reliable rides, not some dyno queen that makes big numbers but rides like ****.
I think the reason you don't see 100/100 96"s as often is most just opt to go to 103.

Pretty sure a 96" with a TW-555 or TW-777, SE Kompressor heads (or a high compression piston), and some headwork could get a little over 100/100 pretty consistently. But why go through all that and still have the "little" engine. If you are that far, put on bigger jugs and piston and be that much closer to keeping up with the Jone's. Just my opinion.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:18 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Dude (hougz) you need to step back and re evaluate life priorities, motor work vs wedding????????????? Come on guy, have any friends tried an intervention yet? Unless its your daughters wedding get paper plates have a bbq and do whatever motor work you want. Statistically you will likely be riding bike longer than you will a new wife.

Chinabagger thanks for your vast knowledge ( opinion ), remember you are not talking to a bunch of newbies here, some of them actually been down this road many times.

Originally Posted by hougz79
Yup, my plan too. For me reliability is a huge factor. So if I can get over 100/100 without a super high compression motor, I'm all about it. Plus, as much as I know I'll like 120+ hp, I want the novelty to wear off of 100/100 first. I'm going to have this bike for a long time, no need to blow my load right away. Plus I have a wedding to pay for and the fiance already is less than trilled about $2,000 going into my motor instead of tablecloths...LOL

Old 02-14-2012, 01:38 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I also believe you can get 100/110 out of a 96", but you caught my point, unless someone else is paying for my decisions, my pace works for me. I like Houg's idea, too, I like to let the novelty wear off. I rode with the cam, exhaust, etc., now another bump. I run the 103 with cam, air, exhaust and tuner and it definitely goes, but I have a buddy with a well tuned, ported and cammed 96"er that has over 140,000 miles on it and he keeps up with me just fine .......

Old 02-14-2012, 02:19 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts
Default Great one!!!

Statistically you will likely be riding bike longer than you will a new wife.
Kris

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto