Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 05:55 PM
scottycameron
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HTNHARD
Hi Jamie, I need to hear your best sales pitch, and incentives to make these thoughts I have in my head that I need a 107" slow down a little. It consumes a good part of my day. I need an offer I can't refuse... it is the holiday season. I feel so fortunate to have the best in the buisness an hour away. Continued success!
LMAO I had them same thoughts! Go ahead pull the trigger you won't regret it. Great folks there at Fuel Moto and your lucky enough to be an hour away, I was 900 miles and it didn't stop me. Good luck!

Old 12-05-2011, 06:06 PM
1fathog
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Jamie and Keith, you guys are the tops. Great service, you give your customers all the answers. Wish all businesses in this country had your work ethic. If they did, this country wouldnt be in the shape it is now. YOU GUYS ROCK!!! I'm thankful I bought all my needed parts from you guys......

Old 12-05-2011, 08:36 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by tkunk
This is a quote from Jamie.

The stock crank should hold up without issue as long as the bike is driven properly, we have built many of these combinations that have made well into the 120's for torque no problem. Shock load is the biggest consideration, dropping the clutch, holeshots, burnouts, and worn compensators are hardest on the crank.
Thank you "tkunk".

Old 12-06-2011, 01:24 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dbell66253
Post #601 is refering to the cylinders, I don't have a question about the top end of the engine, I'm talking about the bottom end.
Your right. My bad!! I was thinking of another post. None the less. That crank ain't coming apart. Well, maybe if you really pound the hell out of it, but not likely.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:11 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have my heads and stuff at Fuel right now and I went thru the same thing trying to decide.I am not a big haul *** around all the time type anyways so I finally just went with Jamies warning.If your are going to try and blow it up you can and you can tear up the clutch and the crank if you try.
I like the power there when I ask for it and really dont do burn outs or try and do wheelies.Those days are gone with the crotch rockets where they belong.
I am hoping they have it shipping back this way in a few days..

Old 12-12-2011, 10:53 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain

Well besides UPS (united package smashers) destroy my jugs so nothing but delays on my build. Fuel has my stuff headed this way cost 299 more than was expecting (thanks ups)!
Anyway hows every bodies builds going?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:00 PM
tkunk
Tourer

Originally Posted by BIGVTWIN
Well besides UPS (united package smashers) destroy my jugs so nothing but delays on my build. Fuel has my stuff headed this way cost 299 more than was expecting (thanks ups)!
Anyway hows every bodies builds going?

So on the way to fuel Moto your cylinders got damaged? The extra $299 was your core charge since your cylinders arrived unusable? Is that what happened?

Old 12-12-2011, 11:17 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

The numbers you are making on this high C/R 107 makes it silly to think about a 120R setup.

~Joe

Old 12-12-2011, 11:19 PM
BIGVTWIN
Road Captain

Yep, glad I insured them for 1500.00 when I shipped them. Now I have to wait and see if they will reimburst me on my claim.They already have my jugs now they are saying they want a reciept so I am waiting on my stuff from Fuel to arrive since I dont have one.
Talked to Fuel and asked them to send me a bill or statement but that never happened.As a matter of fact I was glad I called back cause I was asked what we were going to do for new ones.I had already asked them to add them to the bill and charge me and I would handle UPS myself.Nothing bad towards Fuel as they did not cause the problem and had a quick turn around.Now as for customer support I will let you know cause I am sure I will have plenty of question.LOL.Sure it will be handled fine..

Old 12-12-2011, 11:20 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by tkunk
So on the way to fuel Moto your cylinders got damaged? The extra $299 was your core charge since your cylinders arrived unusable? Is that what happened?
Not to make light of your problems...but it's best that you paid the extra coin to get QUALITY stuff.

Sometimes, unexpected costs arise....I feel your pain.

But, once it's together and running strong, I think you'll be glad Jamie did you right.

~Joe

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto