Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 07:36 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I have been out of the office for the last week up north deer hunting. I hope to have this bike on the dyno tomorrow night.
It was good to see that the brothers made it over to see you Thursday before the hunt. They're good buddies of mine and I planted your stuff into their heads a couple months back. Rodney is still thinking 98"/level B' but still leaning with his current exhaust. Brian? He'll make his decision when he drops the bike off but still thinking intake/exhaust/PCV/cams. I tell him the power vision would be cool Told them to let me know when they bring the bikes up as I want to make the trip with them. They're pretty pumped .....

Last edited by troop; 12-01-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2011, 10:06 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich67
Jamie what are the heads cc'n at for 10.5:1
The heads have 85cc chambers and we used pistons we had made with a +2 dome

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-01-2011, 10:18 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by atrain68
This place is a mad house. Just when you think you have everything just the way you want it, this kind of $hit happens.

Jamie, you may as well post the pricing right here and let everyone email you their orders.

Please let us know which injectors you are using in the 50mm and 54mm throttle bodies. Also any insight on why the 54mm is more or less favorable than the 50mm is appreciated. I thought when you go too large on the throttle body, the performance drops. I guess the dyno will tell the story.
This is really our standard 107" kit with a slight bump in compression and our Level B heads. With the kit you have the choice of TW-555 or TW-777 cams, and with our heads we will set the compression where needed so the price would essentially be the same as our standard pricing which is listed at www.fuelmotousa.com/107.htm

As far as the throttle body, I would still recommend using the stock 50mm unit on builds making less than 125 Hp or so, as you can see in this example it made better HP/Tq all the way up to 5000 RPM with the stock 50mm, the 54mm only made 3 more HP above 5K
so it is tough to justify the cost only for high HP gains especially when it makes less Tq below 5K

Stock 50mm TB (FM porting) Vs 54mm TB

Old 12-01-2011, 10:29 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nightranger
thats nice work jamie.i know you said earlyier in this forum that the crank on this bike had been built already, so will a stock crank handle this packege ok?

Bump. You guys at FM keep figuring out ways to take my future money . What is the max build you recommend before any crank work/or potential reliability issues? I am 100% set on a FM 107 upon getting home from Iraq, just figuring how much extra work to put into it (heads, ported TB, etc).

Thank you in advance and keep up the great work.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:37 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by nightranger
thats nice work jamie.i know you said earlyier in this forum that the crank on this bike had been built already, so will a stock crank handle this packege ok?and i was wondering if you have done some dyno tests on some of the spark plugs on the market?i'v seen some dyno test on some V8s with the E3 plugs that made 8 hp over other plugs,thats 1 hp per plug.i run them in all my vehicles including my harley but was just curious if you had tested them.thanks for the good work.
The stock crank should hold up without issue as long as the bike is driven properly, we have built many of these combinations that have made well into the 120's for torque no problem. Shock load is the biggest consideration, dropping the clutch, holeshots, burnouts, and worn compensators are hardest on the crank.

We have done some testing for a few plug manufacturers and our conclusion was if you are looking for additional gains from spark plugs you are looking the the wrong direction, however there are difference in durability one plug to the next as some are more resistant to damge from detonation and such.

Old 12-01-2011, 10:49 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by BIGVTWIN
**** I just finally decided to have fuel moto do my heads,intake, and buy the 107 big bore kit.They should have them tommorrow with the jugs.......It took me weeeks and all this started over cams..lol...Anyway I aint changing anything on my build fuel moto said it will be fine with what I am doing and it is a proved set up..Damn maybe I need to call them,,,lol
The last charts we posted were with our standard 107 kit w/ TW-777 cams, and Level B head service, we just set the compression at 10.5 instead of the standard 10.25. We can setup your heads to the compression you specify, this is included in our Level B head service.

Old 12-01-2011, 02:45 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Jamie I don't know much about engine building, so I'm wondering how much of an effect will a higher compression ratio have on the crank, after a certain amount of compression is it necessary to have a stronger crank, or does it matter?

Old 12-01-2011, 03:27 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Jamie - Do you have a graph of the TW-777 cam with stock heads in the FM107 package to compare with the TW-555 cam?

I won't be doing the level B heads and wanted to see the difference between the cams with stock heads.

Thanks

Old 12-01-2011, 03:42 PM
Rich67
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by equandt
Jamie - Do you have a graph of the TW-777 cam with stock heads in the FM107 package to compare with the TW-555 cam?

I won't be doing the level B heads and wanted to see the difference between the cams with stock heads.

Thanks
Do believe they do on there website

Old 12-01-2011, 05:10 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rich67
Do believe they do on there website
Where at? I must be missing it if they do. I see some 103 tests with Level B heads in the camshaft area but nothing (yet) showing the FM107 kit with the TW-777 and stock heads.

Thanks for the help if I missed it.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto