Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
leafman60
Road Captain
Received 81 Likes on 51 Posts

Yes, I have talked directly with the folks at S&S. They have similar information on their website too. I am just trying to be cautious.

A direct quote from S&S -

"... even though stock cylinders can physically be bored to fit the 3.927" pistons, we are not confident that the material used to make the stock cylinder liner and spigot is strong enough. The cylinder liner material in S&S cylinders is much stronger...."

taken from -

http://www.sscycle.com/feature/featureview.php?s_id=12

Last edited by leafman60; 11-16-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 02:57 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Over 10,000 miles on my 107", still grinning ear to ear.

Also I highly recommend going with the AIM Lockout.......

Old 11-16-2011, 03:49 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

post revised

Last edited by equandt; 11-28-2011 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 05:05 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by leafman60
Yes, I have talked directly with the folks at S&S. They have similar information on their website too. I am just trying to be cautious.

A direct quote from S&S -

"... even though stock cylinders can physically be bored to fit the 3.927" pistons, we are not confident that the material used to make the stock cylinder liner and spigot is strong enough. The cylinder liner material in S&S cylinders is much stronger...."

taken from -

http://www.sscycle.com/feature/featureview.php?s_id=12
You walk around in a bubble? Cautious enough for you? How many times does someone have to tell you - two different companies, both with reputations. Research them both and make your own decision. In fact, instead of puttering around on this forum, call Jamie and talk to him directly and then GET OFF THE FENCE and do something.

Trust me, i dont drink the HDF Kool-Aid like some folks on here, but I can tell you from personal experience, Jamie and his gang are top level in customer service. Haven't heard the same from S&S, nor have I cared to look. Fuel Moto is one of the best things i came across on this forum.

FuelMoto, Coastal Moto, Dr. V-Twin and C&C Seats are the best 4 companies in the motorcycle industry for no-**** customer service. The way it ought to be. To those guys, thanks and keep up the good work. & Eastern Performance

Jamie, I'll see you guys next spring for a 107 kit (once the snow melts)

Last edited by stupid_rope; 11-16-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: forgot Eastern Performance
Old 11-16-2011, 05:15 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Equant, do what you got to do, but my FuelMoto 107 hasn't grenaded on me yet, and it won't. The cylinder walls are still plenty thick after boring. I think if any bored out 107 kit blew up, the word would have been out long ago.

Old 11-16-2011, 08:04 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Here is the dyno chart from scottycameron's build that we did last week. This was a 2011 Touring Fuel Moto 107" with TW-777 cams, Fuel Moto Level B heads, and a D&D Fatcat.

Nice.. Very nice. Good work

Old 11-17-2011, 11:54 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Localprez
Nice.. Very nice. Good work
Thank you, we will be building a FM 107" with 10.6 compression, TW-777, FM Level B heads, and a 54mm Throttle body next week which should be pretty interesting

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-17-2011, 12:39 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you, we will be building a FM 107" with 10.6 compression, TW-777, FM Level B heads, and a 54mm Throttle body next week which should be pretty interesting
Are you going to leave the stock bottom end alone (crank, bearings and connecting rods) for this build? I know you've been doing these 107's a while now and the crank scissoring talk was probably overly concerning for lots of people due in part to the talk on forums but I'm just curious what you think the threshold is for these late model bottom ends? Also, Im interested in your new 2-1 pipe. Will it be ceramic coated and do you have a release date for it? Which will be better for TQ, your 2-1 pipe or your 2-1-2 setup?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:01 PM
vduzin12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jaime, what additional HP are you expecting? Will the only difference be the compression and TB?

Old 11-17-2011, 03:31 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by 1931jamesw
Are you going to leave the stock bottom end alone (crank, bearings and connecting rods) for this build? I know you've been doing these 107's a while now and the crank scissoring talk was probably overly concerning for lots of people due in part to the talk on forums but I'm just curious what you think the threshold is for these late model bottom ends? Also, Im interested in your new 2-1 pipe. Will it be ceramic coated and do you have a release date for it? Which will be better for TQ, your 2-1 pipe or your 2-1-2 setup?
We have made well into the 120's for Tq very reliably with many builds running the stock crankshaft, we have built several hundred of our 107's in house for customers that have brought bikes from all over the country (many from this forum) and have sold many more kits that were installed by other shops and by individuals themselves. It really comes down to how the bike is going to be used and ridden, we have not ran into any issues however strengthening the lower end is always a good consideration. As far as a specific threshold its hard to say, a couple years back we built a supercharged 96" bike that made over 150Hp and we beat it to death for a year with no issues, it had a stock crank and it even drove the blower off the end with a stock compensator. The motor we will be building next week already has a built crank as it was used for testing the FM "Hellraiser" kit that we rev to almost 7000 RPM's.

Our Jackpot 2/1 system is in production and going strong, everything is coming along nicely. We are purposely holding back info until we get closer to the official release which will be around the turn of the year. As of right now I would say if everything stays on track we should be shipping pipes sometime in late January/early February. We will be introducing some pretty cool new features with this pipe and we are very excited. As promised it has full stainless steel construction and the header is ceramic coated inside/out with full heat shields, there are some other very awesome details as well. This is the best overall performing exhaust system we have every sold. Stay tuned......

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto