Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2011, 09:14 AM
flattracker60
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 107 (now sold), I had no issues starting when warm. On the other hand, if they CR's would never fail themselves (falling apart, etc), why not put them in.........?

Heck, HD put them in my new 103......must be a reason (easier on starter??).

Old 06-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by flattracker60
On my 107 (now sold), I had no issues starting when warm. On the other hand, if they CR's would never fail themselves (falling apart, etc), why not put them in.........?

Heck, HD put them in my new 103......must be a reason (easier on starter??).

I just called Fuelmoto and added the Compression Release just in case. Getting excited, big Tennessee trip coming up in a couple weeks.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:47 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Akitakoi
Hey Jamie,
I'm the guy that will be dropping my bike off Sunday. I have a few questions and thought for everyones benefit I would just post them here.

2009 Streetglide, V & H Big Sucker, PC-V and Monster Ovals (stock head pipes).

I'm getting the 107" & the Level B Head Porting.

Have you done a 107 on a bike with Monster Ovals? How'd it turn out?

On the Heads I read both that you suggest the Compression Release and also that you don't need it. I do a lot of traveling, I don't want to have any problems starting it, should I go ahead and have you put them in or is it unnecessary?

Also, on the 09's I believe the stock head pipes DO NOT have the Cats is that correct? I thought I read that the 09 stock head pipes are actually pretty good.

Thanks,
I would have to look back, I know we have done a few 107's with Monster Round mufflers which have a nearly identical baffle to the Monster Ovals, they perform well but their chambered design may give up a few Hp/Tq to a straight thru louvered or perforated core on a 107" Level B head combination

You do not need compression releases with the 107 kit with stock heads as cranking pressure is in the 185-low 190's range and they start awesome even when hot, if your are doing our Level B heads we offer the option of raising the compression and we would recommend the compression releases. We charge an additional $100.00 for the releases and machining

The 09 head pipe does not have a catalyst and should work fine

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Gearhead3
Road Captain

Initially, my FM 107 had some starting issues. About 50% of the time it would kick back and the starter clutch would slip. it sounded horrible and was quite embarrassing when showing my friends my new setup. I seriously thought I screwed up by not getting the CR's installed. However, the starting issues diminished as the pistons and rings wore in. I can only assume the new parts were creating additional internal friction and that it was just enough to cause some starting problems. Now that the parts have familiarized themselves with each other, the starter clutch slips only once every 25 starts or so. Through some trial and error, I've also found it best to hit the starter button immediatly after switching on the ignition. Can't say for sure if this method will work for everyone, but it's what works best for me.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:21 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 120" Kit

Can't wait for Fuel Moto to announce they have 120" kit for those of us that have the 110" Okay I admit, I made that up, but perhaps Jamie is considering such an adventure based on all the success of the 107"

Old 06-11-2011, 10:14 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
I would have to look back, I know we have done a few 107's with Monster Round mufflers which have a nearly identical baffle to the Monster Ovals, they perform well but their chambered design may give up a few Hp/Tq to a straight thru louvered or perforated core on a 107" Level B head combination

You do not need compression releases with the 107 kit with stock heads as cranking pressure is in the 185-low 190's range and they start awesome even when hot, if your are doing our Level B heads we offer the option of raising the compression and we would recommend the compression releases. We charge an additional $100.00 for the releases and machining

The 09 head pipe does not have a catalyst and should work fine
Ok well skip the CR's then, I just installed a SE Compensator last night and it starts smooth as silk now. Please give me a call sometime early Monday, just want to go over a couple quick things.
The bike will be there tomorrow sometime in the afternoon.

Thanks again

Old 06-12-2011, 06:42 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Akitakoi
Ok well skip the CR's then, I just installed a SE Compensator last night and it starts smooth as silk now. Please give me a call sometime early Monday, just want to go over a couple quick things.
The bike will be there tomorrow sometime in the afternoon.

Thanks again
Cheap insurance since it's already apart .....

Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 AM
springer 03
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Gearhead3
Initially, my FM 107 had some starting issues. About 50% of the time it would kick back and the starter clutch would slip. it sounded horrible and was quite embarrassing when showing my friends my new setup. I seriously thought I screwed up by not getting the CR's installed. However, the starting issues diminished as the pistons and rings wore in. I can only assume the new parts were creating additional internal friction and that it was just enough to cause some starting problems. Now that the parts have familiarized themselves with each other, the starter clutch slips only once every 25 starts or so. Through some trial and error, I've also found it best to hit the starter button immediatly after switching on the ignition. Can't say for sure if this method will work for everyone, but it's what works best for me.
Mine does it also. I have found out from reading on this forum that it might be the compensator. Maybe Jamie can chime in on this?

Old 06-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by springer 03
Mine does it also. I have found out from reading on this forum that it might be the compensator. Maybe Jamie can chime in on this?
I installed the SE Compensator Friday night, easy 2 hour job. Made a huge difference in the starting, starts like it should have from the factory also it shifts MUCH smoother. It seems like a different bike after a 2.5 Hour ride up to Little Shute.

Old 07-15-2011, 01:48 PM
2008crossbones
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just ordered mine!! cant wait!!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto