Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Night_Train
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the Fuel Moto heads had been available when I did mine, I would have used theirs to keep things matched, no guess work, Fuel Moto preps their heads for this kit.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:20 AM
nightranger
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heads

yeh but i think bb have done enough and with all they do it will be good.pretty much as long as the compression is the same or slitly higher they will work well im sure.i would say with the right tune u will be around or over 110 hp and 115 tq and if thats on the nighttrain that will flat rock. ohh sharp bike buy the way.i had a 06 standard i love the look when there lowered.im stuck with a bagger now its ok i like the ride and handle but im more a streetrod kind of guy for looks.

Old 05-05-2011, 03:47 AM
CHGO5OH
Tourer

Jamie,

Have you done anymore 107 builds using the SERT? I have the basic Stage I with cycle shack slipons.

Old 05-07-2011, 08:13 AM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Night_Train
If the Fuel Moto heads had been available when I did mine, I would have used theirs to keep things matched, no guess work, Fuel Moto preps their heads for this kit.
Me too, but that is what winter is for. Maybe I will ship my heads in after this season. I am going to get a lot of enjoyment out of what I have now.

Old 06-03-2011, 10:38 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Well, since I'm gonna punch my 96" to 107" anyway, I may as well send my cylinders to FM for the job, and buy the cam, etc. from you as well. It makes perfect sense to use your kit, since I already have your PC-V with auto-tune. I think I'm gonna have a very impressive engine combo when this is done.

I'm happy to know that I can do this without extensive head work, roller rockers, etc.

I bought this bike and said, "I'm gonna leave it stock". I should have known better. I'm too much of a hot-rodder for that to happen. Haven't even had my 1K service yet, and I'm already gonna do engine work.

Old 06-03-2011, 01:11 PM
atrain68
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by cjlandry
Well, since I'm gonna punch my 96" to 107" anyway, I may as well send my cylinders to FM for the job, and buy the cam, etc. from you as well. It makes perfect sense to use your kit, since I already have your PC-V with auto-tune. I think I'm gonna have a very impressive engine combo when this is done.

I'm happy to know that I can do this without extensive head work, roller rockers, etc.

I bought this bike and said, "I'm gonna leave it stock". I should have known better. I'm too much of a hot-rodder for that to happen. Haven't even had my 1K service yet, and I'm already gonna do engine work.
I'd encourage you to consider the heads as well. FM wasn't set up for heads when I did the 107 kit. I got a basic street port which serves me well, but the hot rodder in me really wants FM's "B" heads. Just trying to help you spend your money!

Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 AM
cjlandry
Road Master

Originally Posted by atrain68
I'd encourage you to consider the heads as well. FM wasn't set up for heads when I did the 107 kit. I got a basic street port which serves me well, but the hot rodder in me really wants FM's "B" heads. Just trying to help you spend your money!
Since I have extra heads and cylinders, I'm gonna start with just a basic port, cc, and compression release. After that, I can have another set of heads more thoroughly worked over on a flow bench by someone who's very good at it. I think Hillside will probably get that job.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Questions

Hey Jamie,
I'm the guy that will be dropping my bike off Sunday. I have a few questions and thought for everyones benefit I would just post them here.

2009 Streetglide, V & H Big Sucker, PC-V and Monster Ovals (stock head pipes).

I'm getting the 107" & the Level B Head Porting.

Have you done a 107 on a bike with Monster Ovals? How'd it turn out?

On the Heads I read both that you suggest the Compression Release and also that you don't need it. I do a lot of traveling, I don't want to have any problems starting it, should I go ahead and have you put them in or is it unnecessary?

Also, on the 09's I believe the stock head pipes DO NOT have the Cats is that correct? I thought I read that the 09 stock head pipes are actually pretty good.

Thanks,

Old 06-09-2011, 01:33 PM
viperr817
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Akitakoi
Hey Jamie,
I'm the guy that will be dropping my bike off Sunday. I have a few questions and thought for everyones benefit I would just post them here.

2009 Streetglide, V & H Big Sucker, PC-V and Monster Ovals (stock head pipes).

I'm getting the 107" & the Level B Head Porting.

Have you done a 107 on a bike with Monster Ovals? How'd it turn out?

On the Heads I read both that you suggest the Compression Release and also that you don't need it. I do a lot of traveling, I don't want to have any problems starting it, should I go ahead and have you put them in or is it unnecessary?

Also, on the 09's I believe the stock head pipes DO NOT have the Cats is that correct? I thought I read that the 09 stock head pipes are actually pretty good.

Thanks,
09 headpipe=no cat. I put one on my 11 sg.

Old 06-10-2011, 09:07 AM
Akitakoi
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by viperr817
09 headpipe=no cat. I put one on my 11 sg.
:/ Cool, that's what I thought.

I plan on doing a before and after video of the Monster Ovals. Curious to find out how much the 107" will change the sound.

Anyone with the 107" & Full head porting have trouble starting without compression release?

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto