Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2010, 12:02 PM
MassHD
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks might take a ferry ride across Long Island Sound this winter or early next spring.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Jamie, i cant wait to do this build. Since I'm in SoCal it looks like I'll have to plan a road trip to you guys for the deluxe treatment. your original post said you guys do packages with pipes and fuel management systems. I currently have an '09 Fatbob with big sucker, SEST, and V&H big shots with standard baffles (not quiet baffles). I assume the 107 is going to kick it up quite a few decibles. What would you recommend exhaust wise to get the deepest mellowest tone around town with your 107 build that won't strangle the engine? Or is there no hope of quieting the beast, and I'll just have to drive fast to stay ahead of my angry neighbors...

Old 11-23-2010, 06:00 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
Jamie, i cant wait to do this build. Since I'm in SoCal it looks like I'll have to plan a road trip to you guys for the deluxe treatment. your original post said you guys do packages with pipes and fuel management systems. I currently have an '09 Fatbob with big sucker, SEST, and V&H big shots with standard baffles (not quiet baffles). I assume the 107 is going to kick it up quite a few decibles. What would you recommend exhaust wise to get the deepest mellowest tone around town with your 107 build that won't strangle the engine? Or is there no hope of quieting the beast, and I'll just have to drive fast to stay ahead of my angry neighbors...
Your bike looks sweet the way it is. Just get the motor work done. If you come during the winter, bring some warm clothes ....

Old 11-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Ha! Thanks. Maybe snow chains on the tires too...

Old 11-23-2010, 11:07 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Thingfish
For exhaust the Bigshots should work well and I would try your standard baffles first and see how they sound, if required you could add the quiet baffles which will not actually be quiet by any stretch of the imagination but may be enough to take the edge off.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 11-23-2010, 01:57 PM
Yngrags
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heads and Cam testing

Jamie:

Any update on when you and the team may start testing new heads and possibly the TW400-6 or similar cam with this 107?

Old 11-23-2010, 02:49 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by Yngrags
Jamie:

Any update on when you and the team may start testing new heads and possibly the TW400-6 or similar cam with this 107?
I am currently buried developing Dynojet Power Vision calibrations on our 2010 and 2011 bikes as well as other projects we have in the works, however we will be installing a set of of Bob Wood's big .650 lift cams with some ported heads in December.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:50 AM
tatertot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie,
I recently purchased the Supertrapp Fatshots from you for my 2008 Roadking with PC3, SE air. How would this setup be with your 107" build? Would the Fatshots be too restrictive to see noticable improvement?

Old 11-28-2010, 09:22 AM
CLL375
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SPARKY01
this looks awesome.. jamie, do you have any options as far as shipping bike from tx to wi.? why don't you just move here. weather is better anyway...lol
Originally Posted by jmorganroadglide
Sparky01, I've been in email contact with Jamie. I live up in the panhandle. Gonna be painful to ship a bike to Little Chute(love that name). I ain't a wrench, so here is my question. When the 107 is installed, should the compensator be changed at this time. Hear lots of talk about the compensator being weak. As I understand, what a compensator is, a mechanical element that helps smooth the energy transformation from the crank to the tranny. Is this what it is?

I think we all need to take a road trip. I plan on getting the kit and have no problem installing it but I just don't trust any tuners I've used here in Houston. I have the PCV already and if the Auto Tune option is as good as they say, that may be an option.

Old 11-28-2010, 10:01 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Jamie, by boring out the stock cylinders that big how much material will be left on the walls? I have heard from a few builders that in the long run not going with bigger aftermarket cylinders will give you problems

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto