Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 01:59 PM
BKR549
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Here's mine

Old 09-20-2017, 09:06 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Brian, that's a nice chart!

The following users liked this post:
BKR549 (10-17-2017)
Old 09-20-2017, 09:58 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Just recently added Target Tune to my 2015 FM107 build. I have 80K miles on her now, added the FM kit at 63K. It has run perfect all that time, except when I started seeing some spark knock about the 2nd season, and I changed plugs and added a new set of the FuelMoto high performance yellow wires. (great upgrade I would strong recommend to anyone with aging wires.)

Fuel Moto never "oversells" but these wires should have been replaced with a 8 year old bike with 63K miles.

Anyway, back then Target Tune wasn't available yet, and then when it did become available it was more money than it is now. at $399 it's a total bargain! So recently I started throwing a code on and off stating "rear cylinder too rich" for a DTC on the PV. Also along with that I noticed more spark knock hits on the rear cylinder.

When Jaime did my build he told me that the first generation sensors weren't all that great. Not only are the obviously narrow band, but the lacked accuracy of the newer HD sensors, and they did deteriorate over time. I put a new set in that year, but I guess the rear went bad anyway.

Instead of continuing with adding stock HD narrowband sensors, I decided to go for the TT. I wasn't sure exactly what added benefits I might realize out of TT, other than just get the bike running great again like it did before, but what the hey, it's a very sweet ride, even if it is 10 years old, and it's mine.

The TT installed like a breeze. Having the V&H Pro Pipe made it pretty easy, with a 7/8ths sensor socket, (available almost anywhere as I think it's the same as automotive, I got mine on Amazon) a long ratchet extension and a universal joint adapter for the rear cylinder. Piece of cake.

Additionally the wiring is straight forward, but it helps to have a 2nd set of hands to pass wires from one side to the other for the connectors to the front cylinder.

So I've had it on the bike for a couple of real good blasts and one nice 180 mile run on an 80'F sunny day up into the hills of Vermont. I can sum it up in one work... YAHOO!

Seriously, the bike just runs better overall. After the initial blast, the ECM learns through the TT module and wide band sensors any cells that might need some fuel adjustment to get to that perfect tune that Jaime intended originally. So I have a couple hundred miles on the bike now and for those who like me, were slightly hesitant to spend the coin thinking why fix whats not broken. I would suggest you still consider the TT upgrade.

Things I've noticed.
1. The bike just seems to have an overall "crisper" response to the throttle, especially in normal day to day cruising and traffic. Low rpm response from 1900rpm up is remarkable better, just grab a bid handful of low rpm throttle and GO! Previously I would need to be more conservative with this to not create some spark knock hits or even actual detonation. Not anymore, it just responds.

2. Mid to High RPM performance is remarkably improved! First gear WOT would land me on my ***.. that's just for crazy people that either don't kike their rear tire, or love to do wheelies. Just not me. But 2nd gear acceleration is even more stunning than previously. 3rd gear runs to 6Krpm are breath taking hang on tight kinda things taking my up into the get ready for a ton if you keep this **** up in 4th! The what is really ethereal is just letting of the throttle and listening the roar of that V&H Pro Pipe as it winds down, with absolute zero popping anywhere.. ever.

3. Mid range cruising is in the 2500 thru 3300 rpm range is just a total pleasure. The bike is just butter smooth and totally happy in 4th, 5th and 6th.

If your on the fence about TT, all I can say is I am totally happy that I did it, maybe should have done it sooner but the bike ran well and I couldn't really imagine that it would actually be even better. Maybe some of the difference is just going from rather poor generation 1 HD sensors to these Bosch widebands, but I think some of it is just that the TT tightly manages the entire range regardless of variables in temp, fuel etc. I can't wait to see how the bike performs when all of a sudden in another month or 6 weeks all of New England starts getting the winter gas they throw at us where you can't even get 93 octane in NH, VT and Maine and not much better in the southern states.

I'll report on that in late October and November.

This thread has been quiet for a while now, so maybe this post belongs someplace else too, but I'll duplicate it there if I find it.

Steve aka the oldhippie.

My Dynojet Target Tune install on my 2007 Electraglide Classic with Fuel Moto 107" Big Bore build.

07custom (09-20-2017)
Old 11-26-2017, 02:48 PM
Hog happy
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Starting my FM upgrades tomorrow

QUOTE=oldhippie;16655757]Just recently added Target Tune to my 2015 FM107 build. I have 80K miles on her now, added the FM kit at 63K. It has run perfect all that time, except when I started seeing some spark knock about the 2nd season, and I changed plugs and added a new set of the FuelMoto high performance yellow wires. (great upgrade I would strong recommend to anyone with aging wires.)

Fuel Moto never "oversells" but these wires should have been replaced with a 8 year old bike with 63K miles.

Anyway, back then Target Tune wasn't available yet, and then when it did become available it was more money than it is now. at $399 it's a total bargain! So recently I started throwing a code on and off stating "rear
cylinder too rich" for a DTC on the PV. Also along with that I noticed more spark knock hits on the rear cylinder.
When Jaime did my build he told me that the first generation sensors weren't all that great. Not only are the obviously narrow band, but the lacked accuracy of the newer HD sensors, and they did deteriorate over time. I put a new set in that year, but I guess the rear went bad anyway.

Instead of continuing with adding stock HD narrowband sensors, I decided to go for the TT. I wasn't sure exactly what added benefits I might realize out of TT, other than just get the bike running great again like it did before, but what the hey, it's a very sweet ride, even if it is 10 years old, and it's mine.

The TT installed like a breeze. Having the V&H Pro Pipe made it pretty easy, with a 7/8ths sensor socket, (available almost anywhere as I think it's the same as automotive, I got mine on Amazon) a long ratchet extension and a universal joint adapter for the rear cylinder. Piece of cake.

Additionally the wiring is straight forward, but it helps to have a 2nd set of hands to pass wires from one side to the other for the connectors to the front cylinder.

So I've had it on the bike for a couple of real good blasts and one nice 180 mile run on an 80'F sunny day up into the hills of Vermont. I can sum it up in one work... YAHOO!

Seriously, the bike just runs better overall. After the initial blast, the ECM learns through the TT module and wide band sensors any cells that might need some fuel adjustment to get to that perfect tune that Jaime intended originally. So I have a couple hundred miles on the bike now and for those who like me, were slightly hesitant to spend the coin thinking why fix whats not broken. I would suggest you still consider the TT upgrade.

Things I've noticed.
1. The bike just seems to have an overall "crisper" response to the throttle, especially in normal day to day cruising and traffic. Low rpm response from 1900rpm up is remarkable better, just grab a bid handful of low rpm throttle and GO! Previously I would need to be more conservative with this to not create some spark knock hits or even actual detonation. Not anymore, it just responds.

2. Mid to High RPM performance is remarkably improved! First gear WOT would land me on my ***.. that's just for crazy people that either don't kike their rear tire, or love to do wheelies. Just not me. But 2nd gear acceleration is even more stunning than previously. 3rd gear runs to 6Krpm are breath taking hang on tight kinda things taking my up into the get ready for a ton if you keep this **** up in 4th! The what is really ethereal is just letting of the throttle and listening the roar of that V&H Pro Pipe as it winds down, with absolute zero popping anywhere.. ever.

3. Mid range cruising is in the 2500 thru 3300 rpm range is just a total pleasure. The bike is just butter smooth and totally happy in 4th, 5th and 6th.

If your on the fence about TT, all I can say is I am totally happy that I did it, maybe should have done it sooner but the bike ran well and I couldn't really imagine that it would actually be even better. Maybe some of the difference is just going from rather poor generation 1 HD sensors to these Bosch widebands, but I think some of it is just that the TT tightly manages the entire range regardless of variables in temp, fuel etc. I can't wait to see how the bike performs when all of a sudden in another month or 6 weeks all of New England starts getting the winter gas they throw at us where you can't even get 93 octane in NH, VT and Maine and not much better in the southern states.

I'll report on that in late October and November.

This thread has been quiet for a while now, so maybe this post belongs someplace else too, but I'll duplicate it there if I find it.

Steve aka the oldhippie.

My Dynojet Target Tune install on my 2007 Electraglide Classic with Fuel Moto 107" Big Bore build.[/QUOTEF

After reading a good number of the 228 pages of this thread and many other cam threads, as well as talking to Bob at FM twice, I will be ordering my 555 cams, install kit with FM pushrods and Woods lifters tomorrow. My current ride, 2016 Road Glide Special is already benefitting from FM 2-1-2 header, 4" Jackpots, FM intake and FP3 tuner.

My previous ride, 2011 Streetglide 103 also benefitted from my FM stage one. Fuel Moto is my go to source for performance upgrades! Can't wait to do my cam upgrade and in all likelihood will look at the 107 Big Bore kit next Winter. Thanks to all for the posts. They are very helpful.

Randy

Old 11-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Sc0-
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

107ci
4 3/8" S&S crank, IC cylinders, C ported heads, 11.69:1, CP +6 pistons, Feuling 594G cams, 5.3 injectors, stock intake, Zipper MaxFlo filter, Jackpot R&T 2:1, PV TargetTune, SE clutch spring Carbonite+1 clutch kit

Haven't Dynoed it yet as i am still doing a few Target Tune adjustments but will. Might have to check the rockers and cam chest again as i am getting some noises that aren't related to the compensator or the gear drive cams. Also have a wiring issue at the throttle body that might need to be sorted soon.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:22 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Hog happy
QUOTE=oldhippie;16655757]

After reading a good number of the 228 pages of this thread and many other cam threads, as well as talking to Bob at FM twice, I will be ordering my 555 cams, install kit with FM pushrods and Woods lifters tomorrow. My current ride, 2016 Road Glide Special is already benefitting from FM 2-1-2 header, 4" Jackpots, FM intake and FP3 tuner.

My previous ride, 2011 Streetglide 103 also benefitted from my FM stage one. Fuel Moto is my go to source for performance upgrades! Can't wait to do my cam upgrade and in all likelihood will look at the 107 Big Bore kit next Winter. Thanks to all for the posts. They are very helpful.

Randy
Randy, that's great and spending time with Bob on the phone is the ideal way to get the best match for your particular riding style, budget and needs. They almost don't oversell to a fault.

Do you already have a Powervision? Or will you be using a different tuner. The basemaps that FM has and will preload for you on a PV or send you if you already have the PV, will be so close to perfect for your bike that a couple of Autotune runs will have you as dialed in as you can get. But if you do already have the PV let me suggest you consider the Target Tune and go full wideband real time tuning. It may not add a lot of raw horsepower, but it will take all that raw power and make it soft-butter smooth, especially in that high gear low rpm range that never seemed so responsive before. ...just grab a handfull of throttle and twist the grip!

more power to ya!

oldhippie

Old 11-27-2017, 11:59 AM
Hog happy
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I am using the Fuel Pack 3 for a tuner. Vance and Hines does support the 555 cam so I will have them send me the tune for it and then do some auto tune rides. I would love to change to the PV with TT but $$ isn't in the works at this point. So far I am happy with the FP3. Thanks again for the help.

Randy

oldhippie (01-06-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 09:51 AM
patsfan05488
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I did it! I read through this entire thread ( took weeks lol) . I'll be ordering my 107 from you guys with in the next month.

oldhippie (01-08-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 10:36 AM
94 ultra
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

this is a great thread

Old 01-07-2018, 11:25 AM
hbsoldier3
Elite HDF Member

Received 797 Likes on 623 Posts

Searched this thread, but did not find my answer. Since it is Sunday cannot call FM to confirm. Will the 107 or 110 FM kits work on a "wet head" motor?

Thanx in advance,
Paul

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto