Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2016, 04:22 PM
equandt
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kustom78
So, my uncle just upgraded to a 16 CVO road glide ultra. Now instead of going CVO, I'm thinking about this 107" kit for my 14 SGS or possibly just heads being ported and 777 cams. those with the 107" kit how is the reliability? no over heat issues? I live in AZ so even an early morning ride in the summer gets toasty. how about long haul say phx to vegas. how about MPG's? I know its going down but how much? a ride to vegas we stop once will a 107 chew the fuel on a ride like that? just looking for real world answers thanks
I have 22,000 miles the FM107 in my 2010 Ultra. No issues. No overheating. Been through Atlanta when the road temp was 103 F. It was like a blast furnace. Bike ran great. I get 38 - 41 mpg on the highway depending on how fast I am going. Set the cruise at 70 mph and I'll get 40 mpg.

The FM107 in my Ultra has a TW-555 cam with no head work. It makes 106 HP and 121 TQ. It the best money I've spent on my bike to date.

Last edited by equandt; 06-17-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:48 AM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by kustom78
those with the 107" kit how is the reliability? no over heat issues? I live in AZ so even an early morning ride in the summer gets toasty. how about long haul say phx to vegas. how about MPG's? I know its going down but how much? a ride to vegas we stop once will a 107 chew the fuel on a ride like that?
So far I love mine. Made a 4000+ Mile round trip last summer to Sturgis. IMO it was damn hot. Bike had no issues. As for fuel milage, with the mods I have, I think I get better fuel milage than I did stock. Hasn't burnt a drop of oil. Only issue I've had is a broken exhaust valve spring. Fuel Moto sent me all the parts to fix it free of charge. I would buy this kit again without a second thought. It just works good.

Old 06-19-2016, 09:41 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
You should have oil pressure within 10 seconds. As pittz5 noted pull the plugs or ECM fuse and turn the motor over a bit and see if it builds pressure, if it does not you'll need to open up the cam chest and check the oil pump oring and make sure the pump is assembled correctly. If you need any help just give us a call
I know it's been awhile but I got it all back together and it's whisper quiet. Had lots of oil pressure, on the first run it still made a little noise after about 1 minute, shut it off let it cool down and 2nd start up it was clatter silent!!!
Kris

Old 06-19-2016, 09:46 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member

Problem was oil pump reassembly order. Simply put a separator back in wrong order..... Duh!!
Kris

Old 06-21-2016, 10:39 AM
Djcamis
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anybody in the Florida area that can be paid with pizza and beer for help with install???

Old 06-22-2016, 05:13 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member

What idle setting are you guys using? I have 107 w/555s and no head work. Power Vision tuner.
Kris

Old 06-22-2016, 09:21 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
What idle setting are you guys using? I have 107 w/555s and no head work. Power Vision tuner.
Kris
We generally set the idle at the 1000 RPM mark.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 06-22-2016, 12:38 PM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We generally set the idle at the 1000 RPM mark.
OK Thank you
Kris

Old 06-27-2016, 05:20 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Finally got an opportunity to take the bike and have it dynoed over the weekend. I did quite a bit of research over the last couple months on tuners in my area since installing the 107 kit and ended up choosing one that's about 200 miles away. He came highly recommended and after doing a little homework and talking to the guy I was very impressed. With 20yrs of engine building and racing along with all the tools and top of the line machinery to do anything needed in house, I'm thinking yep, this is my guy.

I've looked at enough dyno sheets and talked with enough people with very similar builds as mine from all parts of the country to have a good general idea of what the results of this build should give me. My build consists of-FM 107 cylinders, Wood 777 cams, FM 10.25:1 Carillo pistons, stock heads, S&S A/C, Aim VPC95, 30T pulley, and V&H ProPipe. Needless to say my dyno tune failed to meet every benchmark that I felt it should hit. Final numbers were 100hp and 108tq. And worst of all the bike throws a tremendous amount of heat, lugs a bit on take off, still has an occasional ping, and I'm averaging 34mpg. The fuel mileage is probably the biggest disappointment.

After talking with my tuner today he feels that the tune is spot on and feels that any changes to address certain problem areas that I'm describing would only make the other issues worse. According to him it boils down to inefficient head design and the only way to correct the issues I'm having is with headwork and compression. Guys I'm at a loss here. I know there's tons of guys running these combos with stock heads. Surely this can't be right. My fuel mileage with the FM base map was about the same as it is now but the bike seemed to run way cooler than it does now. Any ideas???

Last edited by SBates08; 06-27-2016 at 05:32 PM.
Old 06-27-2016, 05:26 PM
Moochoff
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Finally got an opportunity to take the bike and have it dynoed over the weekend. I did quite a bit of research over the last couple months on tuners in my area since installing the 107 kit and ended up choosing one that's about 200 miles away. He came highly recommended and after doing a little homework and talking to the guy I was very impressed. With 20yrs of engine building and racing along with all the tools and top of the line machinery to do anything needed in house, I'm thinking yep, this is my guy.

I've looked at enough dyno sheets and talked with enough people with very similar builds as mine from all parts of the country to have a good general idea of what the results of this build should give me. My build consists of-FM 107 cylinders, Wood 777 cams, FM 10.25:1 Carillo pistons, stock heads, Aim VPC95, 30T pulley, and V&H ProPipe. Needless to say my dyno tune failed to meet every benchmark that I felt it should hit. Final numbers were 100hp and 108tq. And worst of all the bike throws a tremendous amount of heat, lugs a bit on take off, still has an occasional ping, and I'm averaging 34mpg. The fuel mileage is probably the biggest disappointment.
After talking with my tuner today he feels that the tune is spot on and feels that any changes to address certain problem areas that I'm describing would only make the other issues worse. According to him it boils down to inefficient head design and the only way to correct the issues I'm having is with headwork and compression. Guys I'm at a loss here. I know there's tons of guys running these combos with stock heads. Surely this can't be right. My fuel mileage with the FM base map was about the same as it is now but the bike seemed to run way cooler than it does now. Any ideas???
Same build, had a trusted guy working at the dealer tune it with TTS tuner and found 108.9hp. Seems low?

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto