Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 08:17 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ebigfish
we are skipping Sturgis this year...

I'll get the work done in time for our trip to the Colorado Rocky Mtns... We'll do the Black Hills after the big # 75 is over; Late August / early September.
I just got out for the first time since Jaime sprinkled his magic dust on my 2007 EGC. I also did the FM Level B heads as well as new V&H Pro Pipe. ( I didn't have the nice exhaust you already have.)

So I did 170 miles today. I dod 168 miles on a single 4.205 gallons of gas. = 39.9 miles to a gallon and this bike RIPS! Torque is everywhere! Smooth, effortless power and acceleration everyplace on the curve.

You are going to be grinning like the Cheshire Cat in Alice in Wonderland!

Old 04-12-2015, 10:38 PM
ebigfish
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to hear the mileage will still be respectable...

-looking forward to the grinning (But I will NOT be taking my ears off; that just don't look right -HA)

Old 04-13-2015, 05:55 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

I have an appointment with FM for Monday 9AM 7/20!

2010 police bike w/ FM aircleaner and PCV... going FM 107 with TW777 cam and FM B heads and AIM clutch and want to keep my auto compression releases (haven't talked to Jamie about this yet... I wonder if I can...) stainless 2/1/2 headpipes and hope to keep my 4 inch rineharts...

And/Or what ever Jamie recommends to maximize my rockin in the free world!

I want my torque to come on early and strong...

-may I have another glass of koolaid, sir? LOL (can't wait!)
Good on ya to be getting the variable pressure clutch. it's a great to use when riding all day long.

Old 04-13-2015, 04:47 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good to hear the mileage will still be respectable...

-looking forward to the grinning (But I will NOT be taking my ears off; that just don't look right -HA)
i lost about 100Km ( 60 miles) from a full tank of has compared to stock going from a stock 103 to a 107 build.. I avg about 250Km vs avg 350Km to a tank of gas... going to do actual mileage per gallon once i get more riding this year. i assume this is normal , more CU inch, more power, More air, larger Head inlet,more gas required....

Last edited by papifun; 04-13-2015 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:14 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by papifun
i lost about 100Km ( 60 miles) from a full tank of has compared to stock going from a stock 103 to a 107 build.. I avg about 250Km vs avg 350Km to a tank of gas... going to do actual mileage per gallon once i get more riding this year. i assume this is normal , more CU inch, more power, More air, larger Head inlet,more gas required....
You have a more aggressive build than most of us, but my experience with my 107 with 777 cams is that my mileage has stayed pretty much what it was in stock tune.

What I've read here is that the mileage does not drop appreciably. That any mileage decrease is more likely to be blamed on "twist the wristitis".

Old 04-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I am getting closer to my date. Beginning of June. I think I may have Jamie put on a set of the E series to top it all off. Something is off with the tune I have now. Bad throttle lag so I am really looking forward to fixing that. Wife's trike can trump me now so I got to fix that! LOL Now she does have an awesome running trike with cams pipes and a few extras but this 107 with heads should fix that. Did you guys go with the throttle body as well? What do you gain with that addition?
Jeff

Old 04-14-2015, 10:05 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Flintshooter54
I am getting closer to my date. Beginning of June. I think I may have Jamie put on a set of the E series to top it all off. Something is off with the tune I have now. Bad throttle lag so I am really looking forward to fixing that. Wife's trike can trump me now so I got to fix that! LOL Now she does have an awesome running trike with cams pipes and a few extras but this 107 with heads should fix that. Did you guys go with the throttle body as well? What do you gain with that addition?
Jeff
Call Jaime, or email and ask. You need enough throttle body/injectors to feed that larger engine and high performance heads at WOT/high RPM. With my 2007 model the TB/injectors were at their upper limit and so I was advised I needed to move up to the SE 50mm TB/injectors of the 2008 bikes. Your bike may have the extra headroom required, if not they'll tell you.

My understanding is once you have enough, there is nothing to be gained by going even larger. But again, give them a call and ask. The E-series are getting excellent numbers and wise to make that decision up front so that the bike gets tuned with the exhaust that will be used.

All I can say is prepare to have a fabulous season, because this build will put you on the moon. I'm 400 break-in miles into my 107/B heads etc, and it's like I am high on crack! Ths is as much fun as you can have with your clothes on!

Make sure you tell them about this Throttle Lag issue. As soon as they put mine on the dyno they knew immediately that my bike's fuel pump system was failing at anything over 3700rpm and large throttle. The HP curve flatlined at 60! I had a PV and I knew I had something wrong as ATs kept wanting to scale up, but I couldn't figure out why. Jamie and team knew what the problem was in a "Little Chute Minute".

Last edited by oldhippie; 04-14-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 04-17-2015, 02:27 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Well, I just thought I'd give some feedback on my first 800 miles of riding with my new Fuel Moto installed 107'Big Bore build to my 2007 Electraglide Classic.

This is pretty much been over two weeks of riding over Mass, Connecticut, Rhode Island and New Hamshire secondary roads. Still lots of sand and frost heaves and pot holes big enough to swallow a HumVee. So, not getting crazy, but also able to open it up for a few seconds here and there, but nothing past 5K rpm at this point and only a few of those.

The bike is running beautifully. The CRs make it easy to turn over. I also have the SE compensator upgrade and a pretty new battery so no problem starting at all. The weather here is still pretty cold. Most times I start out in the AM and it is in the mid to high 30'F temps. So it takes some time for the bike to warm up. It does feel a bit cold blooded and the top end makes plenty of valve spring clatter initially. It's not obnoxious and once the oil gets up to temp it doesn't sound much different that a stocker.

Power and acceleration are everywhere beyond my expecations. Just grab a handful and if feels like I've been shot out of a slingshot. Boom! and I'm letting off the gas. Again.. frost heaves, puddles and rough roads reason to take it easy right now, not to mention that I'm still in my first 1K with this bike and just enjoying the feel of the power. But, the power is remarkable.

The sounds that the V&H Pro Pipe make are heaven. Both on acceleration and decel. The decel sounds are the deepest note I've heard a motorcycle make. Not only that, the looks of this V&H 2-into-1 are all business. IT has really grown on me and I'm glad i went this way.

I am getting 40mpg, 41 last tank of gas. I check the mileage by using the ld school method of recording the odo reading with one of the trip settings, and usually wait to fill at about 160 miles. (smaller tank on the 07) then devid by the amount of gallons, usually in the 4.1 or 4.2 area. So it's real mileage.

So far I am extremely pleased. No popping or any kind of bad noises at all. I thought I had some tappet/lifter type sound but I am realizing it's just when cold and those heads have all those high performance parts.. opening and closing and making their power.

Well, I'll be cicking over 1K this week-end and changing the oil. More later.

Ride safe guys.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:02 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,989 Likes on 4,981 Posts

I just finished off a build with the fuel moto 107, for a customer. first time using their stuff. I was very pleased with all the quality in the components, and workmanship, as well as the great customer service I received. the bike pulls like a freight train, and runs very well, and cool. I would use your stuff again. thanks for your care for our projects

Old 04-17-2015, 03:45 PM
papifun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm curious.. is there a "forum" or Site where can swap PV tunes with similar builds.. I'm curious to look at other tunes with same build as mine. No local's here that will tune with a PV and by changing to 4.5 V&H Monster Rounds, i get power cutoff that has same feeling like i hit the Rev limit between 3500-4300 RPM depending on motor temperature. I tried Basic AT, but bike just don't like the default settings from Basic AT. I know most will say, get biked Dyno;d, but closest Dyno guy i found with PV is 7 hours away.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto