Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:07 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
Thanks for that... Man that sounds sweet! So mellow without any nasty metallic tin can sound.

I'm limited in my choices as I have a 07 bike (older frame) and hence don't have all the neato choices you guys do. The V&H Pro Pipe gets good numbers, and does a good job building usable torque with the standard baffle and is a reasonable price.

...but wow I envy the sound of those pipes. What kind of camera were you using for that?

I'madding it to my play list. I have a Big Widescreen, 4 ft Klipsch speakers with the 300W Klipsch subwoofer, and the whole 5.1 surround sound set-up with Audessey and an Onkyo 809 135W per channel AVR and I am shaking the walls! LOL!
... GoPro Hero2. I bought it to record runs with my last drag car. I don't use it very often anymore, but when trying to find the right slip-ons, there were not a whole lot of videos out there to review. When I nailed the right ones (in my opinion), I thought I would break-out the GoPro and post a few comparision videos.

Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
... GoPro Hero2. I bought it to record runs with my last drag car. I don't use it very often anymore, but when trying to find the right slip-ons, there were not a whole lot of videos out there to review. When I nailed the right ones (in my opinion), I thought I would break-out the GoPro and post a few comparision videos.
The fidelity of the sound recording is remarkable. Usually sound in consumer video equipment doesn't do well at the low end frequencies.

You are happy with your 107 build? It sounds super!

Old 02-18-2015, 01:44 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

The fidelity of the sound recording is remarkable. Usually sound in consumer video equipment doesn't do well at the low end frequencies.

You are happy with your 107 build? It sounds super!
... love the build. The power was right inline with what FM claims and the 30-T sprocket replacement works perfectly with the TW-777's as Bob Wood said it would for two-up "spirited" riding. I went as far as I could without splitting the cases and getting into big money. Of course, now I want more, but as the wife says, what else is new.

Old 02-18-2015, 04:34 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

I'm all set to head out to Little Chute eatly Saturday morning to have Jaime and his crew install a 107 Big Bore with the Level B Heads, Woods 777s and V&H Pro Pipe. Since it's an 07 I'll be upgrading to the next step up TB and injectors. I'm also going for the Variable Pressure Clutch. Also getting the manual compression releases.

I'm sitting here in front of the wood stove with about 5 feet of snow in every direction and 8 foot bankings of it in my driveway, but the MC trailer is dug out, and my reservations are made. I'll make the westward trek in 2 days, about 1200 miles from central Massachusetts. Stop in Cleveland the first night and then land in Little Chute at the Country Inn on Sunday evening. Be at FM Monday morning the 23rd of Feb.

I've been sitting up at night with my headphones on and watching streams of Youtube videos of you guys showing off your builds. )More of you should do this.) Man these builds sound awesome!

So now I'm thinking details, and I cam across this little gem. What do you guys think of this air cleaner. (I've currently got the basic K&N under the stock HD cover.)

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/harley/ac...es/fm-135.html

I'm also wondering if I am going to need to upgrade my Jagg Deluxe oil cooler (5 row) to the 10 row with fan that is on the FM page as an option. Any input on what I'll need for an oil cooler, is my Jagg Deluxe going to work for me in my normal 1 up riding which is pretty mellow for the most part?
Any input on the heat generated with one of these 107 builds.
We have everything in place for your build and we are ready for you on Monday AM. We will start with a base dyno evaluation followed by the motor tear down. We will check the critical components along the way (such as cams tensioners) and we have everything on hand to attend to anything that comes up as needed. By late afternoon we will have the motor together and ready to fire, we will do several heat cycles along with a break in procedure on the dyno, followed by a full dyno tune that evening. The following morning we check the cold start and attend to any other necessary tune parameters, we then roll it off the dyno back on the lift to go over the bike checking various fasteners, fluid levels, etc. By 10:30 the bike will be ready to roll out. Look forward to meeting you and doing your build

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-18-2015, 08:44 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
We have everything in place for your build and we are ready for you on Monday AM. We will start with a base dyno evaluation followed by the motor tear down. We will check the critical components along the way (such as cams tensioners) and we have everything on hand to attend to anything that comes up as needed. By late afternoon we will have the motor together and ready to fire, we will do several heat cycles along with a break in procedure on the dyno, followed by a full dyno tune that evening. The following morning we check the cold start and attend to any other necessary tune parameters, we then roll it off the dyno back on the lift to go over the bike checking various fasteners, fluid levels, etc. By 10:30 the bike will be ready to roll out. Look forward to meeting you and doing your build
Super Jaime, looks like the weather will be good for the trip out and back. I am looking forward to getting to meet you and your crew.

See you Monday morning when you open.

Road Trip!!
Steve

Old 02-24-2015, 10:48 AM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Super Jaime, looks like the weather will be good for the trip out and back. I am looking forward to getting to meet you and your crew.

See you Monday morning when you open.

Road Trip!!
Steve
I see you made out to FM. You're bike is already going back together.
I hope you can contain your excitement!

Old 02-24-2015, 03:25 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Default Very excited!

Originally Posted by senna
I see you made out to FM. You're bike is already going back together.
I hope you can contain your excitement!
I am pretty excited. I don't know how I'm going to survive till riding season.

Jaime immediately identified that my fuel system was failing at high throttle/rpms. So the team quickly sourced fuel system parts for me, I did the running and they did the fix. In my previous tune my PV kept wanting to up the displacement as VEs were over 127 at WOT. I never found the problem but the bike just wasn't getting enough fuel. So that took some extra time, but all is on schedule now.

I've got 62K on this bike and they also saw some wear on the cam chain tensioners, so those got changed too. Just made sense while there.

What a great area this is! I had no idea what to expect besides cold weather and big farms, but this area is very nice. We went over to see Lambeau Field in Green Bay and had lunch at the Titletown Depot Brewery. Had a great sandwich, beer, and cheesecake. The Country Inn that FM negotiated a great rate at is very nice too. I'd love to do some riding out here someday.

Old 02-24-2015, 04:20 PM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I am pretty excited. I don't know how I'm going to survive till riding season.

Jaime immediately identified that my fuel system was failing at high throttle/rpms. So the team quickly sourced fuel system parts for me, I did the running and they did the fix. In my previous tune my PV kept wanting to up the displacement as VEs were over 127 at WOT. I never found the problem but the bike just wasn't getting enough fuel. So that took some extra time, but all is on schedule now.

I've got 62K on this bike and they also saw some wear on the cam chain tensioners, so those got changed too. Just made sense while there.

What a great area this is! I had no idea what to expect besides cold weather and big farms, but this area is very nice. We went over to see Lambeau Field in Green Bay and had lunch at the Titletown Depot Brewery. Had a great sandwich, beer, and cheesecake. The Country Inn that FM negotiated a great rate at is very nice too. I'd love to do some riding out here someday.
Glad to hear everything is going well. FM's customer service is second to none.

A friend of mine here in Ca. Had an unexpected oil pump failure that was going to require a complete rebuild. He asked my opinion, I said what ever you do call and talk to FM. After talking to them, he said no need to look any further.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:31 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

oldhippie's fresh FM 107 build is on the dyno getting the break in and Power Vision dyno tune.

Old 02-24-2015, 05:47 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

oldhippie I'd like to know what your thoughts are on the Pro Pipe. Leaning towards a 2-1 for my bike also.

2010 Limited with some stuff!!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto