Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 05:03 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
I'm pretty excited, I have a history of buying a bike, taking very good care of it, putting lots of miles on, and doing nice upgrades. I got to the point where it was either buy a new bike, and face doing all that other set up stuff I knew I'd want, or keep the bike I have and put some money into the engine. I know it doesn't have the new frame, brakes and lot's of other neat features the new ones have, but it'll have a kick-*** motor.

I can't wait till you do it and I get to hear you posting how and what you think about it.
And what's really nice is unless your running the Homemade hell out of it. You are gettin the same or better fuel milage.
but with more power.And where you used to downshift a lot.
You wll find you don't really need to downshift as much, just twist the throttle.
You will have a new top end and everything in your cam chest for a lot of more miles.
This kit really makes it all a new Thrill and enjoyment of riding again.
Because with all the power and everything .
Next thing in the future is some Michelin Commander II tires.

Old 02-02-2015, 07:58 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Received 117 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
I can't wait till you do it and I get to hear you posting how and what you think about it.
And what's really nice is unless your running the Homemade hell out of it. You are gettin the same or better fuel milage.
but with more power.And where you used to downshift a lot.
You wll find you don't really need to downshift as much, just twist the throttle.
You will have a new top end and everything in your cam chest for a lot of more miles.
This kit really makes it all a new Thrill and enjoyment of riding again.
Because with all the power and everything .
Next thing in the future is some Michelin Commander II tires.
I'll have to give those tires a try.

Unfortunately I have had 4 feet of snow here in the past two weeks. Riding around here usually starts about end of March, or first week in April.

It is going to be a long March waiting for this frozen tundra to warm up so I can go riding. I do have the whole Gerbing electric stuff, so as soon as the snow and ice are gone, I'm riding.

Thanks for the tire suggestion, I have heard positive things about them.

Old 02-02-2015, 09:07 PM
cammaxwell
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jamie, I'm looking at doing a 107 kit this spring/summer. If I go with the Thundermax tuner with auto-tune, can I expect the same performance out of the engine as i would with another tuner with a dyno tune?

Do you have Thundermax base maps?

Old 02-03-2015, 09:56 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by cammaxwell
Jamie, I'm looking at doing a 107 kit this spring/summer. If I go with the Thundermax tuner with auto-tune, can I expect the same performance out of the engine as i would with another tuner with a dyno tune?

Do you have Thundermax base maps?
Yes the Thundermax will work and we have base maps. Performance numbers will be the same.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-03-2015, 10:05 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

For those interested we just released a time lapse video of a full engine build at Fuel Moto. We started with a customers completely stock 2013 Ultra and installed the Fuel Moto 107 big bore kit, FM Level B CNC heads, Wood TW-777 cams, FM/AIM clutch, HPI 55mm throttle body, Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, full size X over, Jackpot 4" mufflers, Dynojet Power Vision & AT-110. Total engine build time was 6 hours 23 minutes from teardown to engine start. Base dyno numbers were 71Hp/88Tq when we started, final numbers after the build & full dyno tune were 116Hp/120Tq, an increase of 45Hp/32Tq! Hope you enjoy the video

Old 02-03-2015, 10:23 AM
senna
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
For those interested we just released a time lapse video of a full engine build at Fuel Moto. We started with a customers completely stock 2013 Ultra and installed the Fuel Moto 107 big bore kit, FM Level B CNC heads, Wood TW-777 cams, FM/AIM clutch, HPI 55mm throttle body, Jackpot 2/1/2 head pipe, full size X over, Jackpot 4" mufflers, Dynojet Power Vision & AT-110. Total engine build time was 6 hours 23 minutes from teardown to engine start. Base dyno numbers were 71Hp/88Tq when we started, final numbers after the build & full dyno tune were 116Hp/120Tq, an increase of 45Hp/32Tq! Hope you enjoy the video

3 minute engine build; Fuel Moto 107" Harley Big Bore Kit Time Lapse - YouTube
Just watched this from the facebook feed, neat!

Old 02-03-2015, 01:39 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by senna
Just watched this from the facebook feed, neat!
You guys make it look easy.

Old 02-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Blowby
Road Captain
Received 167 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by oldhippie
You guys make it look easy.
It is ....... when they do all the work 😄

Old 02-12-2015, 01:51 PM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Blowby
It is ....... when they do all the work 😄
The work I gotta do is get there. But I'm getting ready.

The weather hasn't exactly been cooperating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7q2Z...ature=youtu.be

Old 02-18-2015, 07:48 AM
oldhippie
Stellar HDF Member
Default Getting excited!

I'm all set to head out to Little Chute eatly Saturday morning to have Jaime and his crew install a 107 Big Bore with the Level B Heads, Woods 777s and V&H Pro Pipe. Since it's an 07 I'll be upgrading to the next step up TB and injectors. I'm also going for the Variable Pressure Clutch. Also getting the manual compression releases.

I'm sitting here in front of the wood stove with about 5 feet of snow in every direction and 8 foot bankings of it in my driveway, but the MC trailer is dug out, and my reservations are made. I'll make the westward trek in 2 days, about 1200 miles from central Massachusetts. Stop in Cleveland the first night and then land in Little Chute at the Country Inn on Sunday evening. Be at FM Monday morning the 23rd of Feb.

I've been sitting up at night with my headphones on and watching streams of Youtube videos of you guys showing off your builds. )More of you should do this.) Man these builds sound awesome!

So now I'm thinking details, and I cam across this little gem. What do you guys think of this air cleaner. (I've currently got the basic K&N under the stock HD cover.)

http://www.fuelmotousa.com/harley/ac...es/fm-135.html

I'm also wondering if I am going to need to upgrade my Jagg Deluxe oil cooler (5 row) to the 10 row with fan that is on the FM page as an option. Any input on what I'll need for an oil cooler, is my Jagg Deluxe going to work for me in my normal 1 up riding which is pretty mellow for the most part?
Any input on the heat generated with one of these 107 builds.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto