Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:14 AM
saz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
... just be realistic. My 107" makes 115/124 which is waaaay better than the 103" Stage 2 it was, but it is no sportbike and is not meant to be in any shape or form. It is the best power increase for the money ... anything more requires splitting the cases, drivetrain upgrades and much more money.
I am definitely not looking for sportbike power at all. I am no newbie to Harleys, I have had quite a few over the years and I was simply hoping for more than a whopping 58hp (5000ft elevation) out of 96 cubic inches. Gotta thank the EPA on that one. TINY little valves, heads that are quite restrictive and cam profiles that rival a 10hp briggs and stratton. It is all due to emissions. I have owned 3 big twin Evos, 2 evo sportsters (one was a 99" of arm stretching fun) one Ironhead, 2 shovels and one panhead. I think my 61" Pan would keep up with the stock twin cam; probably not, but it sounds good.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the motorcycle! No choke, no 3 minute warm-ups kickstarts etc, just hit the starter and go. But the real treat is the 6 speed. WOW! At 80mph is is just purring along, and it is much smoother than my old softail. Like I said, I dont want anyone to think I am bashing HD. Just hoped for a little more juice when you twist the wick, that's all.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:12 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by saz
I am definitely not looking for sportbike power at all. I am no newbie to Harleys, I have had quite a few over the years and I was simply hoping for more than a whopping 58hp (5000ft elevation) out of 96 cubic inches. Gotta thank the EPA on that one. TINY little valves, heads that are quite restrictive and cam profiles that rival a 10hp briggs and stratton. It is all due to emissions. I have owned 3 big twin Evos, 2 evo sportsters (one was a 99" of arm stretching fun) one Ironhead, 2 shovels and one panhead. I think my 61" Pan would keep up with the stock twin cam; probably not, but it sounds good.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the motorcycle! No choke, no 3 minute warm-ups kickstarts etc, just hit the starter and go. But the real treat is the 6 speed. WOW! At 80mph is is just purring along, and it is much smoother than my old softail. Like I said, I dont want anyone to think I am bashing HD. Just hoped for a little more juice when you twist the wick, that's all.
... great. It sounds like you are realistic and I think you will be very satisfied. You will definitely want to go over your build with Jamie to be sure you are taking all the advantages of the build like the TB ... isn't the TB on the 2007 smaller than a 50mm on the Night Train? ... something to consider with your 107". Hell, I also went with the FM's TB porting for that extra 2/2 and a 30T tranny sprocket for the quicker revs. You may consider talking to Bobby Wood about the 777's and your bike and riding style. Bobby is the one who gave me "the secret" about going to the 30T sprocket with the 777's.

I researched for months before deciding on my exact build. I truely think I got the best bang for my buck, but if I could've doubled my budget, I would be looking at 135/145 or more.

Old 12-02-2014, 12:35 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Yup. The TB is 48mm on 07's. Injectors are 4.3lb.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:26 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
all 2007-2015 Softail & Dyna, & 2007 FLH models which use the cable actuated 48mm throttle body actually use 3.91gm injectors. All throttle by wire models incl 2008-2015 FLH use 4.3gm injectors & 50mm throttle body.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 12-02-2014, 01:27 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

My bad.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:37 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
... I thought so.

Saz, you will want to keep this in mind comparing the 107" numbers of other builds with what you can expect or step up the throttle body. From my research, just know that too large a throttle body will sacrafice the low-end torque of these builds for high-end horsepower.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:48 PM
saz
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
... I thought so.

Saz, you will want to keep this in mind comparing the 107" numbers of other builds with what you can expect or step up the throttle body. From my research, just know that too large a throttle body will sacrafice the low-end torque of these builds for high-end horsepower.
Awesome! I have looked into it, and the SE50mm TB is around $400 and may be a worthwhile investment.

Jamie, what do you think? What would the difference be?

Old 12-02-2014, 01:56 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by saz
Awesome! I have looked into it, and the SE50mm TB is around $400 and may be a worthwhile investment. Jamie, what do you think? What would the difference be?
Curious about this as well. When I first built my 107 I was told by fuel moto my factory throttle body and injectors would be fine (07 softail deuce). Then when I changed from tts to a power vision I was told the factory injectors wouldn't keep up. So from fuel moto's recommendation I ordered the SE 50mm throttle body with the 4.9 injectors. I'm still waiting on it so can't say anything as to wether it made a difference or not.

Old 12-02-2014, 01:58 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member

If your interested I have a SE 50mm minus injectors. Just havnt got around to listing it in the classifieds. Went with a HPI 58mm.

Old 12-02-2014, 02:36 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by saz
Awesome! I have looked into it, and the SE50mm TB is around $400 and may be a worthwhile investment.

Jamie, what do you think? What would the difference be?
It depends on the overall combination. Speaking strictly 07-15 Softail/Dyna or 07 FLH if you are running a basic 107 kit with stock heads the factory 46mm throttle body & injectors are in most cases sufficient, they will support up to about 100 Hp. The stock injectors however are in the upper end of their duty cycle, and that is also assuming everything else is in the fuel system is in optimum condition such as fuel pressure. If you are using ported heads a larger throttle body is recommended and larger injectors are mandatory, we generally recommend the Screamin Eagle 50mm TB which also includes 4.9 injectors and all new sensors for $399 retail, the manifold section is also really good and there is plenty of material there to port, this unit is an excellent value. HPI also offers a premium throttle body in various sizes and you can also choose the port opening which they hand finish. You will need to purchase injectors separately. In the end the HPI unit & injectors is going to run a bit over $900.00.

Fortunately for those with 2008-up FLH models they come with a 50mm throttle body and 4.3 injectors. These models will support around 120Hp. Hope this info helps...

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto