Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2014, 05:25 PM
kingz489
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Keith that's good to know. I guess I have to weigh the cost vs. benefit of ported heads and buying new exhaust or keeping stock heads and dresser duals. Maybe it's not gonna be as much of a gain as I thought to go with the 107 kit. Maybe I could get rid of the dresser duals , but I was planning on riding the bike out there. Just another thing to buy.

Old 04-21-2014, 05:28 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kingz489
Hi Jamie, I just made an appointment with you 7/9 for the 107 kit with the heads. I actually just started reading a few pages of this thread after discovering it. Figures, it's making me second guess the choices I have made so far and whether or not it would be beneficial to get the ported heads.

Current setup is : 2012 street glide 103, Vance and Hines dresser duals with CFR mufflers, performance machine air cleaner. I purchased and installed from fuel moto the power vision, tw-555 cams with your push rods and lifters. The bike runs good now but I want more power.

Sounds like the tw-555 cam is mostly for stock heads? Dresser duals won't perform good with the 107 package.? Will I have to start over with the cams and exhaust? If so maybe we could work it out before I ride the bike out? Just looking for some input.

Thanks,
Mike
Did a 107 last year and did the Ported heads. Wanted the extra I got from it.
Glad I did.

And you know what wakes up the 555 cams is the compression

Last edited by cardboard; 04-21-2014 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-24-2014, 08:28 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by kishstl
Jamie and Keith, Thanks for the support along the way with my build. It's all done and got Dyno'd yesterday. I didn't hit the 120hp mark but my torque #'s and the way the bike pulls is crazy! Not a normal experience for me to have the front end come of the ground on a bagger, but I guess I can deal with it Here are the old and new dyno numbers. Standard smoothing on the dyno run but the change from the previous dyno to the post build is what I wanted to compare and the old one was done that way. We added 13ft/lbs of torque! My tuner thought that with as well as the heads were flowing and with the extra displacement that adding a 58mm TB and 5.3 injectors he could squeeze even more out of it. What do you guys think? Enough bang for the bucks?
... very, very nice and a similar build to mine.

Please post up the numbers if you go with the 58 and 5.3's ... according to everyone I have talked to including Jamie, those are only needed with more cubic inches and I would not want it to affect my low end torque which the mods seem to do. I have no desire giving up low end torque for a few more peak hp ... just my 2c.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:12 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
... very, very nice and a similar build to mine.

Please post up the numbers if you go with the 58 and 5.3's ... according to everyone I have talked to including Jamie, those are only needed with more cubic inches and I would not want it to affect my low end torque which the mods seem to do. I have no desire giving up low end torque for a few more peak hp ... just my 2c.
Not going to do the TB and injectors for that exact reason. I like the lower end torque much more than the high end HP too. Also, I've never had duals on any of my other bikes and I am going to replace the V&H True Duals shortly. Just not a fan of the true dual set up although they actually perform really well considering no 2:1 airflow.

Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Man its hard to find a good 2in1 exhaust that ain't loud and hurts yer head after riding a few hundred miles.
Supertrapp is about the quietest you can get. And they can still be loud.

Guess some of the mfg can't give you a performance pipe and quieter too.

And No I ain't wearing earplugs.

Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM
Primetime_2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
Man its hard to find a good 2in1 exhaust that ain't loud and hurts yer head after riding a few hundred miles.
Supertrapp is about the quietest you can get. And they can still be loud.

Guess some of the mfg can't give you a performance pipe and quieter too.

And No I ain't wearing earplugs.

i consider my rinehart 2-1 pretty quiet, put it this way you can stand by my bike and have a conversation without raising your voice. set the cruise at 80 3k rpms and it is still pretty mild, it gets pretty noisy when you get over 3500 rpms.

now my brothers true duals with short baffles, that thing is loud at idle, can really here the 777's thumping

Old 04-24-2014, 10:44 AM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Primetime_2
i consider my rinehart 2-1 pretty quiet, put it this way you can stand by my bike and have a conversation without raising your voice. set the cruise at 80 3k rpms and it is still pretty mild, it gets pretty noisy when you get over 3500 rpms.

now my brothers true duals with short baffles, that thing is loud at idle, can really here the 777's thumping
Sorry dude, no offense , but I really do not like Reinheart sound. Hurts my head.
CAn't even ride next to somebody or behind them with Reinheart.

The Supertrapp Supermeg is the best sound from a pipe that don't hurt my head as much.
Had the D&D with the quiet baffle. And it was still loud.

When you do a 107 you will understand what the extra power coming out sounds like.
Makes a lot of noise when you get on it.

Don't want to draw as much attention to myself when I'm getting on it as much.

Don't want a ticket.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:01 AM
kishstl
Road Master
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by cardboard
Sorry dude, no offense , but I really do not like Reinheart sound. Hurts my head.
CAn't even ride next to somebody or behind them with Reinheart.

The Supertrapp Supermeg is the best sound from a pipe that don't hurt my head as much.
Had the D&D with the quiet baffle. And it was still loud.

When you do a 107 you will understand what the extra power coming out sounds like.
Makes a lot of noise when you get on it.

Don't want to draw as much attention to myself when I'm getting on it as much.

Don't want a ticket.
Its all subjective. Many people have commented on how much they like my Rineharts rumble. I don't care for the Supertrapp sound at all which is why you have em and I don't:-) my main reason for the 2:1 is more just personal preference on the look and torque. Mine are for sale. Excellent condition. No scratches or marks.

Old 04-24-2014, 11:36 AM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Rumor is FM is working on a 2-1 with disc muffler like the super trap.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:45 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Originally Posted by soft 02
Rumor is FM is working on a 2-1 with disc muffler like the super trap.
In May we are officially releasing the new E-Series by Fuel Moto exhaust lineup of fully tunable exhaust systems starting with FLH slip ons. Systems will start shipping early summer. The website is www.eseriesexhaust.com

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto