Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2014, 03:25 AM
sycle1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh wow Dr Plastic love your AV and fuel Moto Love your Sheet cool numbers

Old 02-27-2014, 11:15 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,159 Likes on 1,353 Posts

Just finished up a build on a 2014 FLHXS today. We also have a customers 2014 FLHTK here for a 107 build we will be doing next week. From our Facebook news feed:

+37Hp/32Tq. Nathan brought us his new 2014 FLHXS yesterday from Iowa with 10 miles on it, he rolled out today with 111Hp/126Tq. We installed the Fuel Moto 107 kit, FM Level B CNC heads, Wood TW-777 cams, SE Heavy Breather AC, D&D Boss Fatcat 2/1, and tuned it with Dynojet Power Vision

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 02-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Wally
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Excellent #'s. Is that something that can be done for under $5,000?

Old 02-27-2014, 08:28 PM
ghostrunner
Road Master
Received 322 Likes on 148 Posts

Jamie I'm gonna post this on your thread for the 107 on HDForums cuz I know there are others out there that ask these same questions I'm about to ask. Maybe this will help others besides myself. I have looked and read all posts and did't see the answers I need.

I have an appointment to bring my bike up to you to install the 107 kit with heads. But need to know what the factors are to determine which cam, what compression ratio to go.

Have read that both the 555 and 777 cams respond well to added compression so guess that means that a person would be better off going the 10.5 instead of the 10.25. Please chime in at any time if this is wrong. Both cams seem to have the same graph except the 777 is a little higher all around.

So what is it that we need to determine the right cam? Riding style, people's weight, area we ride in if used on a typical bagger like an Ultra like I have?

Then comes the next deal being i'm putting heads on to me it only makes sense to get the ported throttle body at the same time. If the heads have been cleaned up the intake and throttle body to me if not done would take away from the head work. Am I off base on this?

Next is the choice of the cylinders. What are the advantages of them besides being thicker? Does this add life to the engine? I do realize that they have the bigger fins for cooling. But what else? And they also take a different piston from the standard kit. What are the differences on them?

Sorry for all the questions but know these are ones you hear all the time.Just like to have this all figured out. Don't mind spending the money if it is what I need. All though know the bike does good now but always needs more for the fun of it. I plan on keeping the bike for the normal for me about years. So this I'm sure has some bearing on the outcome.

Maybe we just say I want 110hp and lbs torque for an example.

Also one last note, I've noticed that all tunes seem to do better on the graph with your exhaust systems. Which is good deal cuz that's what I have.

Ghostrunner

Last edited by ghostrunner; 02-27-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 09:01 PM
ftzoid
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ghostrunner
Jamie I'm gonna post this on your thread for the 107 on HDForums cuz I know there are others out there that ask these same questions I'm about to ask. Maybe this will help others besides myself. I have looked and read all posts and did't see the answers I need.

I have an appointment to bring my bike up to you to install the 107 kit with heads. But need to know what the factors are to determine which cam, what compression ratio to go.

Have read that both the 555 and 777 cams respond well to added compression so guess that means that a person would be better off going the 10.5 instead of the 10.25. Please chime in at any time if this is wrong. Both cams seem to have the same graph except the 777 is a little higher all around.

So what is it that we need to determine the right cam? Riding style, people's weight, area we ride in if used on a typical bagger like an Ultra like I have?

Then comes the next deal being i'm putting heads on to me it only makes sense to get the ported throttle body at the same time. If the heads have been cleaned up the intake and throttle body to me if not done would take away from the head work. Am I off base on this?

Next is the choice of the cylinders. What are the advantages of them besides being thicker? Does this add life to the engine? I do realize that they have the bigger fins for cooling. But what else? And they also take a different piston from the standard kit. What are the differences on them?

Sorry for all the questions but know these are ones you hear all the time.Just like to have this all figured out. Don't mind spending the money if it is what I need. All though know the bike does good now but always needs more for the fun of it. I plan on keeping the bike for the normal for me about years. So this I'm sure has some bearing on the outcome.

Also one last note, I've noticed that all tunes seem to do better on the graph with your exhaust systems. Which is good deal cuz that's what I have.

Ghostrunner
Those are some good questions, ghost. I'm lookin' forward to Jamie's response as well.

Old 02-28-2014, 12:26 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master

I kinda thought they were good questions too.

I've looked all over the Internet and there's no mention any where as to why or what the difference is in the pistons from the standard kit to the Fuel Moto jugs and pistons.

I've over laid all the graphs he's posted and its a world of difference on the exhausts. None of them compare to the Fuel Moto ones. The graphs are just so much better looking. Guess that's why they are called dyno tuned.

Another question on the cams is, is the 777 too aggressive for everyday riding for a touring bike?

Sure would be nice if there was a list of questions to fill out and the end results would tell what setup for your bike would be the best. LOL

Last edited by ghostrunner; 02-28-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:14 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Ghostrunner
I kinda thought they were good questions too.

I've looked all over the Internet and there's no mention any where as to why or what the difference is in the pistons from the standard kit to the Fuel Moto jugs and pistons.

I've over laid all the graphs he's posted and its a world of difference on the exhausts. None of them compare to the Fuel Moto ones. The graphs are just so much better looking. Guess that's why they are called dyno tuned.

Another question on the cams is, is the 777 too aggressive for everyday riding for a touring bike?

Sure would be nice if there was a list of questions to fill out and the end results would tell what setup for your bike would be the best. LOL
I am not going to try to answer any of your questions ... those are for Jamie .... these are his kits and no one knows them better. I will say, though, I am running TW-777's in my FM 107" and love them with CP 10.75 pistons (actual static around 10.6 according to Jamie) .... 100 ft-lbs at 2,650 rpm and peaking at 124 ft-lbs from 3,250-4,000 rpm with 100 hp at 4,500 rpm and peaking at 115 hp at 5,850 rpm.

I primarily ride two-up in the mountains and the low-end torque is what I was after and happy with what I got. The higher end hp with the 777's was a benefit. I added the 30T sprocket mod at the recommendation of Bobby Wood and it brings the torque on really quick and, when I want it, it revs really quickly to the peak hp.

The build was done by a reputable dealer experienced in all types of motor builds not just Harley kits. They were really impressed with FM's work and stayed in touch with them throughout the build. I couldn't be happier unless I had gone with more cubic inches.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:25 AM
pjim
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

You can bore stock 96 or 103 cylinders to 107 and not have any bore distortion?

Last edited by pjim; 03-01-2014 at 06:27 AM.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:53 AM
12hdrk
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Anyone know what happened to the FM big bore youtube video's ? Would be kinda nice to have as a reference when doing my 107. Jamie?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Old 03-01-2014, 08:10 AM
ghostrunner
Road Master

Originally Posted by 12hdrk
Anyone know what happened to the FM big bore youtube video's ? Would be kinda nice to have as a reference when doing my 107. Jamie?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
Jamie said someone hacked their YouTube account and deleted them. They are in process of restoring them.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto