Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 05:40 PM
ItalianGlide
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 107" in NightTrain

Hi there,
I might be asking something stupid here but I haven't been reading all the posts... I admit!
Question is: what config would squezee out the best power, and I mean rideable, from my friend's 2007 nighttrain?
Sure I would go for a 107, and I have original jugs and heads I disassembled from my 2008 crossbones that would zero downtime, and it's already running a V&H 2in1 exhaust + thundermax ECM. So we need to bore cylinders + your pistons, need a stage B heads tune with machined mechanical compression releases and which cams? What am I missing here?
How bad the bill would be to have everything reshipped back to Italy?
Thanks for your attention and patience,
IG

Old 03-12-2013, 05:45 PM
ItalianGlide
4th Gear
Default I knew...

I needed to do the homeworks:
just seen your site...
ok last question that makes sense to me is which cams give the best compromise in terms of power thru tha bandwith and noise?
Thanks again and sorry.

Old 03-12-2013, 06:15 PM
WestTexasRanger
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ItalianGlide
I needed to do the homeworks:
just seen your site...
ok last question that makes sense to me is which cams give the best compromise in terms of power thru tha bandwith and noise?
Thanks again and sorry.

The best thing to do would be to contact Jamie @ FuelMoto.

You'll get hundreds of opinions here on the Forum and may get more confusion than answers.

If you talk (email) to Jamie, he will set you up with the best combination of services and products. His knowledge and customer service is second to none!

Old 03-13-2013, 01:31 AM
ItalianGlide
4th Gear

Originally Posted by WestTexasRanger
The best thing to do would be to contact Jamie @ FuelMoto.

You'll get hundreds of opinions here on the Forum and may get more confusion than answers.

If you talk (email) to Jamie, he will set you up with the best combination of services and products. His knowledge and customer service is second to none!
Thx
I surely will.

IG

Old 03-20-2013, 11:50 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
... maybe we can get back to the topic of this thread and the reason I subscribed.

Now THAT is the kind of power I am looking for out of my proposed 107" (same specs except exhaust) ... 100 rwt at 2,500 and building rwhp peaking at 6,000. Great for 2-up mountain riding AND the occasional roll-on to red line. I would be very happy with this result!
Originally Posted by fuelmoto
With this engine combination along with your V&H PowerDuals and Bassani mufflers I would expect similar results. It will really come down to the specific conditions and accuracy of the tune.
Changing the gearing helps substantially. The TB porting offers slight gains, its all of these details that add up in a build like this.

For reference here is a build we did on a 2011 FLHX with FM 107 kit, TW-777 cams, FM Level B heads, V&H PowerDuals, and V&H mufflers. This is a very close match to the combination you are looking at doing, the only difference is mufflers.
Thanks ... I had not seen that dyno sheet, although, I had found this one with the details "2011 Touring, Fuel Moto 107 Kit, TW-777 Cams, FM Level B Heads, V&H Power Duals, V&H Monster Ovals, Tuned with Dynojet Power Vision" ...
Yes that is a nice strong example as well
Jamie ... my heads, cylinders, throttle body and A/C backing plate were shipped to FM for tomorrow delivery for the machine work ... 107", Level B headwork and TB cleanup and A/C base plate port match. The parts order has already been placed ... TW-777's and 10.5 CR pistons.

By the way, the best of 4 baseline dyno runs turned out 87 rwhp / 103 rwt. I am hoping for a successful build as we discussed and will graph the best of the final runs with the best baseline run. Whether 2- or 4-wheels, I always require the .drf files after any dyno run.

Old 05-14-2013, 11:52 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Jamie ... my heads, cylinders, throttle body and A/C backing plate were shipped to FM for tomorrow delivery for the machine work ... 107", Level B headwork and TB cleanup and A/C base plate port match. The parts order has already been placed ... TW-777's and 10.5 CR pistons.

By the way, the best of 4 baseline dyno runs turned out 87 rwhp / 103 rwt. I am hoping for a successful build as we discussed and will graph the best of the final runs with the best baseline run. Whether 2- or 4-wheels, I always require the .drf files after any dyno run.
The build is complete and I have been able to put a couple of hundred miles on her both solo and 2-up ... it is definitley a different bike! As expected, there is a bit more valve train noise over the 254E's, definitely more cam lope, motor vibration and exhaust note at idle. All in all, not much different and the same idle manners as with the SE Stage II kit. I cannot wait to run it flatout, but I have a few more miles and another oil change to get through before I do.

Alot of thanks to Jamie at Fuel Moto ... great bunch to deal with and very attentive. The build was completed by Mountain Creek Harley in Dalton, GA and the builder's thoughts on the machine work was that it was "outstanding quality" ... ! The dealer wanted to be sure it was a smooth and perfect build and I understand from the dealer that Jamie was a big help making that happen. They hope to do more FM builds and work with Jamie again. The numbers definitely proved to be impressive.

The build? ....

FM 107" Big Bore Kit
CP +3 Domed Pistons (although marked as 10.75:1 CR, actual static according to FM is 10.6:1)
TW-777 Cams
Wood Performance Directional Lifters
FM Adjustable PR's
FM Level B CNC Heads
FM Throttle Body Porting & A/C Backing Plate Match

At the recommendation of Bobby Wood with his 777's ...

32-Tooth to 30-Tooth Tranny Sprocket Upgrade
Goodyear-Falcon SPC 1"-139T Drive Belt

Since it was no longer a 103" ...

Precision Billet Derby Cover
Precision Billet Points Cover

Before the build the bike had a Screamin’ Eagle Pro Stage II Kit 96/103 and I retained the Screamin’ Eagle Super Tuner and SE High-Performance Clutch Spring from the kit.

I also retained the Heavy Breather AC, Vance & Hines Power Dual Headpipe and Bassanni Megaphone Slip-ons with 2-1/4" baffles.

The results ...

Name:  103-107Comparison-Small_zps248dbedb.jpg
Views: 1606
Size:  87.6 KB

The 107" curve was shutdown early which I believe to be the speed limiter kicking in with the 30-T pulley. The baseline curve was shutdown exactly at 125mph. A 5th-gear run and a 6th-gear run with a recalibrated speedo just might show a bit more peak HP ... it seems the curve is still on the upswing at shutdown.

The speedo "recal" was to be part of the build, but it is off about 10% (much more than it was) so I don't think it was touched. I will address it during the the breakin oil change and hopefully will talk the dealer into a couple more dyno pulls.

Old 07-01-2013, 11:25 AM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Fuel Moto is releasing our new Fuel Moto IC Cylinders, a line of extreme performance cylinders for Harley Twin Cam motors aimed toward hi output builds. Initial applications will be for 107" and 117", however we plan to expand our offerings as we move forward. These cylinders feature an integrally cast sleeve that is extremely thick and stable ( i.e .200 on the 107" cylinder) along with larger cnc machined cylinders with thicker fins. We also have an assortment of custom MTC & CP pistons in various compressions and bore sizes as well. Cylinders will be sold as an option with our popular Fuel Moto 107 engine kits and are included with our Fuel Moto 117 kit. We will have products available and shipping in July. For more info you can contact us at 920-423-3309

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 07-01-2013, 06:13 PM
ndfrspd
Cruiser

VERY NICE, They will go well with My upcoming build. ndfrspd

Old 07-01-2013, 08:51 PM
Sc0-
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm sold! Now to pick a camshaft...

Old 07-03-2013, 06:17 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default jamie can u answer a cpl of questions

jamie can u answer a few question for myself and people watching the thread. I thinking of redoing my motor next winter and have a few question on your build and the differences in the cams. woods site doesnt give too much to go on by description on their web page
i have been trying the big boyz calculator on 107 stuff. is your build is 3.938X4.375 head gasket bore 3.910- thickness .040 your b level heads 85 cc
deck heights all at 0 calculator has flat tops at -1.5 cc not sure if your is same or has a plus value with some cc displacemnet. think i saw all 107 222-555-777-888 all have same pistons? again if im dong this right static comp is 10.16at .045 unless i use .030 gasket jumps to 10.45 .040- 10.25 now when i input cams the ccp numbers change due to lifts and durations i assume. ill leave gasket at .040 for this part since i think some dyno sheets showed 10.25 static
222- i get corrected comp 9.67 ccp 203.0
555- i get corrected comp 9.40 ccp 195.9
777- i get corrected comp 9.36 ccp 194.8
888 i get corrected comp 9.32 ccp 193.7
i am not expecting u to verify every number is exactly correct to the decimal-- just am i close in understanding how all this stuff relates

ok now that i have done all this the first thing i am wondering and you will see why i did all this before the question with all the cams ccp being in mid 190 ranges , would they turn over fairly well with out decompression releases -- i have manual ones in my stock head but prefer electric ones that are in my mva heads - i already know i cant use the mva heads on your builds -
-next question is the 222 similar to se255 just has better numbers
is the 555 still a fairly low rpm torque cam
-the next is what is the difference between the 777-888 does one pull better than the other at low rpm or one has more pull at top end only
they all seem to have unreal low end torque numbers over 100 at 2500 rpm
i spend most of the time cruising between 2500 to 4000 depending on speed limit. really find it nice not having to gear down from 6th on big hills
as for oil pump with out changing the whole pump or cam plate can i just change spring in pump that will send more oil pressure or flow into motor instead of bypassing it.
i see you have aim centrifical clutch weight on some dyno sheets will most builds be ok with out this, i dont mind adding it but will probably have to wait due to total cost of kit plus head rework.
-throttle body work adds roughly 3-4 hp? does it change any other way bike runs
do u have head exchange program I would prefer newer style with electric acr ports right in head if build requires some kind of decomp. unless you can drill my heads to take electric acrs
think that covers it

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto