Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:46 AM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
OK, please don't everyone flame me for this post.(now putting on bat asbestos underoos) This is an honest question.
I want to see the dyno sheet from someone else who has installed this.
I really like the kit and sent the link for the kit to my indy wrench (Past lead wrench for a dealship) to ask him what he thought about installing it on my bike. He said that while he wasn't familiar with FuelMoto the kit seemed OK. He did say thought that he thought that dyno seemed "optimistic" to him. That he wouldn't expect those components to make that much hp / torque.
Don't get me wrong, I am not calling bullshit. I am just asking for independent verification before I spend $2000 (Kit and install).
I want to buy / install this kit, however I can't afford to be wrong. I only want to this once....
I don't think Jamie's done enough of these installs for other people at this point where you're going to run across any other people's dyno sheets. That being said, I had him install my cams and dyno my bike for me and I was/am very happy with his work and tuning. I also plan on having him install the cylinder kit and re-tune it for me again. I am completely sold on his skill and professionalism and woul have zero hesitations about referring other people to his shop. Look around on here enough and you'll see that I'm not alone in my opinion of him and his shop. I'm not going to bad-mouth your wrench, but I do question how much he knows about 107" kits and what he bases his opinion of the "numbers being optimistic" on?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:39 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

OK, please don't everyone flame me for this post.(now putting on bat asbestos underoos) This is an honest question.
I want to see the dyno sheet from someone else who has installed this.
I really like the kit and sent the link for the kit to my indy wrench (Past lead wrench for a dealship) to ask him what he thought about installing it on my bike. He said that while he wasn't familiar with FuelMoto the kit seemed OK. He did say thought that he thought that dyno seemed "optimistic" to him. That he wouldn't expect those components to make that much hp / torque.
Don't get me wrong, I am not calling bullshit. I am just asking for independent verification before I spend $2000 (Kit and install).
I want to buy / install this kit, however I can't afford to be wrong. I only want to this once....

Its only logical that Fuel moto kit must be very close to repeatable as he stated. He knows other guys are going to dyno the kit eventually.

The man is making a living on this and uses the internet "us" if you will as feedback and as a way of getting good business. One wrong move and his ship sinks he has put his reputation out there.

You have to give him much credit he leaves no questions unanswered he has made himself available to help others with tunes even when they have not bought from him. I base this on my observations of spending hours on the forums.

I will have no problem in spending my hard earned money with them.

I do think it would be nice if he did have some base maps on the other tuning systems. But there again I do understand them leaning towards and working with the pc.

He has done all the testing and homework for us and showed us results.

Conclusion in the end you have to do your own homework and make your own decisions.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:41 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

In no way did I mean to imply that Jamie is not skilled, knowledgeable or professional ... ect. I am merely asking are these results typical for anyone who has installed this kit?
I understand that the kit is new, but several people have expressed what I took to be extreme interest. Leading me to believe they might purchase and install one soon. If so, I want to hear about it.
Everyone is acting as if this was personal, it isn't, this is business. Before I hire a contractor to work on my house I ask for references. Why should this be any different?

Old 10-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Sam2010
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 158 Posts

I do understand I am just expressing opinion. Its my lack of communication skills that sound direct. LOL

Old 10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

In order to duplicate Fuel Moto's numbers, you will need a very competent tuner. I don't mean this in any way that they are fudging the numbers, just that a lot of tuners don't have Jamie's skills or experience. I have too spent my hard earned $$ with them and will continue to!

Last edited by 07FLHT; 10-20-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-20-2010, 02:37 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,161 Likes on 1,354 Posts

In no way did I mean to imply that Jamie is not skilled, knowledgeable or professional ... ect. I am merely asking are these results typical for anyone who has installed this kit?
I understand that the kit is new, but several people have expressed what I took to be extreme interest. Leading me to believe they might purchase and install one soon. If so, I want to hear about it.
Everyone is acting as if this was personal, it isn't, this is business. Before I hire a contractor to work on my house I ask for references. Why should this be any different?
I fully understand, and appreciate your interest. We do have several 107" installs scheduled for the next couple weeks and will post them here as well

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 10-20-2010, 02:51 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
In order to duplicate Fuel Moto's numbers, you will need a very competent tuner. I don't mean this in any way that they are fudging the numbers, just that a lot of tuners don't have Jamie's skills or experience. I have too spent my hard earned $$ with them and will continue to!
That brings up a very good point as besides the actual tune, dyno results can vary as much as 10% or even more based on cylinder head temperature alone not to mention the big differences in dyno cells as far as air exchange, exhaust extraction, and the cooling fans. These variables are in addition to the conditions which add another huge factor into the equasion with the variances of temp, air density, humidity, etc.. which will all greatly affect engine output. I like to think of our dyno as a well tuned instrument, besides the actual Dynojet dyno equipment we have a wide range of additional hardware/software we have incorporated over the years that allows us to deliver what I feel is the most accurate and consistent tunes in the country. Even Dynojet was impressed with our setup when they saw it

Old 10-20-2010, 02:54 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Impressive Jamie, 6 months too late but impressive. These numbers are almost in HQ category, with Stock heads, nice.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:31 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went back and re-read my post as well as that of the other person prior to your reply, and for the life of me I don't see where anybody took anything personal whatsoever. I think you got two straight forward, honest responses with no ill-will or sacrasm directed at you. As Jamie already posted, he's going to be doing several of these installs in the next few weeks (and mine in another month or two), and I'm sure either he, or the owner's will post their results. I certainly will.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

We have a Fuel Moto 107" build in progress today on a customers 09 Street Glide, we are already on the reassembly side of the install. I will post results once I get it tuned.

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto