Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Candy Red Road Glide
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to the woods site the 4th from the left dyno sheet with a 107 cu and 777 cams is stock heads and throttle body from what it says....hp 108.51 torque 125.86

Old 02-06-2013, 04:07 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Default Exactly what I needed

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
Check out the Wood Performance website under the "Dyno Runs" link ... Bobby has a few dyno sheets with 107" kits running the stock heads and stock TB .... http://www.woodcarbs.com/dynoruns.htm
Thanks BrianSF. The 777's were a gift from a friend who's a horse-a-holic. He's changed these for something different. I think they've got less than 5k on them. I guess all that's left now is to call Jamie and get a price on the 107" kit minus the cams. The price difference may even allow some head and TB work. I really liked the TQ band on the 555's but the 777's are real close. Plus free is always good.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by Candy Red Road Glide
If you go to the woods site the 4th from the left dyno sheet with a 107 cu and 777 cams is stock heads and throttle body from what it says....hp 108.51 torque 125.86
Yessir that'd be the one. Can't wait to get this 107 on my bike. Thanks for the help.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:34 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Thanks BrianSF. The 777's were a gift from a friend who's a horse-a-holic. He's changed these for something different. I think they've got less than 5k on them. I guess all that's left now is to call Jamie and get a price on the 107" kit minus the cams. The price difference may even allow some head and TB work. I really liked the TQ band on the 555's but the 777's are real close. Plus free is always good.
Keep us informed on your progress ... that is the setup I am planning very soon ... FM107, 777's, 10.5's, "B" heads and maybe the TB cleanup. I was just quoted an installed T-Man kit that was an additional $1,000 above my current quote that had no warranty and an estimate of 105-115 rwt ... if it came in at 105 rwt, I would not be happy after spending that kind of money.

I am shooting for the 120 rwt mark, but not sure how close I can get with the current exhaust and have no plans going to 2:1.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:24 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

E
Keep us informed on your progress ... that is the setup I am planning very soon ... FM107, 777's, 10.5's, "B" heads and maybe the TB cleanup. I was just quoted an installed T-Man kit that was an additional $1,000 above my current quote that had no warranty and an estimate of 105-115 rwt ... if it came in at 105 rwt, I would not be happy after spending that kind of money.

I am shooting for the 120 rwt mark, but not sure how close I can get with the current exhaust and have no plans going to 2:1.
That's my goal as well. I've seen these 107 555's & stock head kits consistently hit the 105hp-118tq mark. I'm hoping with a little smoothing of the TB and heads along with the 777's will get me in the 120tq area and still be at 10.25:1. It would be hard for me to justify the extra $$$$$ for the Tman when this kit should get you where you wanna be. My hardest decision now is choosing a good tuner. Probably end up going with the PCV and a Fuel Moto map. My friend runs a SERT on his CVO and of course he thinks I should too but I don't care about sitting at a laptop tinkering with the map like he does. I just wanna ride and get bugs in my teeth from the grin I know this kit is gonna cause.

Last edited by SBates08; 02-07-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Wrong #
Old 02-07-2013, 11:51 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
That's my goal as well. I've seen these 107 555's & stock head kits consistently hit the 105hp-118tq mark. I'm hoping with a little smoothing of the TB and heads along with the 777's will get me in the 120tq area and still be at 10.25:1. It would be hard for me to justify the extra $$$$$ for the Tman when this kit should get you where you wanna be. My hardest decision now is choosing a good tuner. Probably end up going with the PCV and a Fuel Moto map. My friend runs a SERT on his CVO and of course he thinks I should too but I don't care about sitting at a laptop tinkering with the map like he does. I just wanna ride and get bugs in my teeth from the grin I know this kit is gonna cause.
Like you, I have not been able to justify the additional money, but that particular builder/tuner has installed several T-Man kits. As far as the tuner, since my bike came with the SEPST, I am sticking with that. Not needing a tuner and already having adjustable PR's is saving me some money. I have a quote for $3,250 out the door including dyno tuning and a 1-year warranty. I just have not been able to come close to that in the south. Even FM would be more than that with travel expenses and having to add a PC.

Old 02-07-2013, 01:30 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

Like you, I have not been able to justify the additional money, but that particular builder/tuner has installed several T-Man kits. As far as the tuner, since my bike came with the SEPST, I am sticking with that. Not needing a tuner and already having adjustable PR's is saving me some money. I have a quote for $3,250 out the door including dyno tuning and a 1-year warranty. I just have not been able to come close to that in the south. Even FM would be more than that with travel expenses and having to add a PC.
Do it yourself. That's what I'm gonna do. In your case $1300 for the 107 kit, $800 for the B level heads and another $4-500 for a dyno. That's $650 cheaper than what you've been quoted. Not to mention having the satisfaction of DIY!!! With the videos that FM has available, their impeccable customer service, and help from just about anyone on this forum, this should be almost as easy as a bolt on. Not sure how warranty would work doing it yourself but in the end it's your call.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:34 PM
jeff.georgalas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You don't need a PCV. Jamie can tune with just about any fuel management system.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Unbalanced
Cruiser

Originally Posted by fuelmoto
Fuel Moto 107 set on kill, 129Hp/134Tq. The results of testing over a dozen different exhaust systems, an assortment of throttle bodies, and a week of tweaks and tuning. Still some HP left in there, more to come....

Sorry, but this is nothing more than a sales tool to bring people in. While the 107 kit maybe a good idea for many of the people out there it is a farse in the way it is presented in this case. Yep heard nothing but good things about you and the kits and your service, but when you post A dynosheet with no correction factors and numbers never ever produced by the best of the best with a 107 it deserves some scrutiny. Run this same bike on another reputable dyno and post the results then lets compare apples to apples and validate the data.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:53 PM
Jswerve
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Unbalanced
Sorry, but this is nothing more than a sales tool to bring people in. While the 107 kit maybe a good idea for many of the people out there it is a farse in the way it is presented in this case. Yep heard nothing but good things about you and the kits and your service, but when you post A dynosheet with no correction factors and numbers never ever produced by the best of the best with a 107 it deserves some scrutiny. Run this same bike on another reputable dyno and post the results then lets compare apples to apples and validate the data.
Wow tough crowd!

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto