Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 03-17-2015, 05:44 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
Add your two cents to the bank to help redefine a great product.

Get caught up with recent posts Here

Get all the info, check out:Previous Threads
Print Wikipost

107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 09:54 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 364 Likes on 253 Posts

My brother just had his bike on the dyno and his would show more hp in a 6th gear run then 5th, he seen this him self. Is this normal.
I seen in the FM chart it was a 6th gear run, most of the ones I've seen was in 5th.
I had my 10 FXDC done 2 times and both was in 5th. If a 6th gear run shows more hp then 5th then you would need to know this for comparisons.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:20 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hornick
I would like to compare 107 with 50mm TB and 107 with 58mm TB. That probably be the best way to compare them. So are thinking of going with the 555 woods cams?
I started a thread with this very question. Actually, I am thinking of the TW-777 ... they seem to have similar low-mid range torque to the 555, but hold it longer in the rpm range from the dyno charts I have seen. Ultimately, I will go with what Jamie at FM and Bobby Wood recommends.

Take a look at the dyno charts on FM's and Wood Performance's websites .... some good comparisons there.

Last edited by BrianSF-GA; 01-21-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 AM
Hornick
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BrianSF-GA
I started a thread with this very question. Actually, I am thinking of the TW-777 ... they seem to have similar low-mid range torque to the 555, but hold it longer in the rpm range from the dyno charts I have seen. Ultimately, I will go with what Jamie at FM and Bobby Wood recommends.

Take a look at the dyno charts on FM's and Wood Perferomance's websites .... some good comparisons there.
I have looked at FM dyno sheets. I will have to check out Bobby Woods. Thanks for the information.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Carbo
Cruiser

Like you, I will soon be pulling the trigger on a FM 107" build with "B" heads and 10.5:1 compression. I have been searching many kits and many of them them include a 58 mm TB like the SE Stage 4. It depends on what your goals are ... it is my understanding the bigger TB is good for peak HP numbers, but will ultimately hurt low end torque. It tends to move everything to the "right" on the dyno graph. That is not good as a two-up rider ... I am sticking with the stock 50 mm TB since low-mid range torque is my goal. I am no expert, so wait until Jamie chimes in or give him a call. I am just relaying my findings. Search dyno sheets and see for yourself ... compare the SE Stage 4 sheets with FM's or others with the stock 50 mm TB.
X2 on what Brian said. I'll be getting my 107, 10.5 comp, Level B heads, 777 cams, power vision kit next week. I spoke to Jaime about the stock 50mm TB and he said that will work with this setup. If you go to the larger TB you're going to lose a lot on the left side of the curve. Unless you plan on riding everywhere with a WOT, I would stick with the stock TB.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:41 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master

Originally Posted by Carbo
X2 on what Brian said. I'll be getting my 107, 10.5 comp, Level B heads, 777 cams, power vision kit next week. I spoke to Jaime about the stock 50mm TB and he said that will work with this setup. If you go to the larger TB you're going to lose a lot on the left side of the curve. Unless you plan on riding everywhere with a WOT, I would stick with the stock TB.
Hey Carbo ... keep me up to date on your build. It sounds similar to the one I am planning.

Old 01-22-2013, 08:47 AM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master

Originally Posted by Hornick
I have looked at FM dyno sheets. I will have to check out Bobby Woods. Thanks for the information.
Hornick ... this is the thread I mentioned and has the results of my conversations with Jamie (FM) and Bobby Wood ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-tw-777-a.html

Old 01-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Hornick
Cruiser

Hornick ... this is the thread I mentioned and has the results of my conversations with Jamie (FM) and Bobby Wood ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-tw-777-a.html
Thanks for the help guys

Old 01-22-2013, 08:56 PM
Carbo
Cruiser

Hey Carbo ... keep me up to date on your build. It sounds similar to the one I am planning.
Will do. If I get the kit mid week (next week) I should have it done by the end of the weekend. Only bad thing is I can't go for a ride for another two weeks after that as I sent my seat to MCC for some mods. Since the bike is in parts I sent my seat early as they're not doing the mod til 2/7. I should have it back by February 11-12. This waiting is killing me!!!!!

Old 02-06-2013, 01:13 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Still haven't seen any dyno runs here in this thread or on FM's site of a 107" with 777's with STOCK HEADS. I have the 777's already but not quite ready to do the head work just yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm sure they will be close to the 555's but would like to see the numbers first hand.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:50 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master

Originally Posted by SBates08
Still haven't seen any dyno runs here in this thread or on FM's site of a 107" with 777's with STOCK HEADS. I have the 777's already but not quite ready to do the head work just yet. Can anyone point me in the right direction. I'm sure they will be close to the 555's but would like to see the numbers first hand.
Check out the Wood Performance website under the "Dyno Runs" link ... Bobby has a few dyno sheets with 107" kits running the stock heads and stock TB .... http://www.woodcarbs.com/dynoruns.htm

Quick Reply: 107" Big Bore Kit and Dyno Testing by Fuel Moto