Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bought the New HD Boom! Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:38 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Tell me more about the mod. I like my chrome stuff too. <g>
I had these speaker rings on my stock Harley speakers. I used a little heat from a heat gun to soften up the glue before I removed them and they came off pretty easy. Then I used a Dremel tool with a standard cutting disc to cut the speaker rings and made them fit where the tweeters stand out a little. I used a little painters tape to mark where I needed to cut so I did not hurt the Chrome. Just remember measure twice or three times and only cut once. Good luck.

Old 09-30-2010, 10:45 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Big Pig
Also Msgt, not sure if it is the problem or it if matters but your Booms are not mounted correctly. I've never seen anyones upside down like that.
I found the problem with the loudness, it was my setup with the stereo, and I agree that they are much, much better than stock when you go to the volumes that they are capable of. The thing I did not do, was to set the fade properly. Once I did that, then the real potential of these speakers came out. As far as the mounting, I believe the picture on the box I bought them in showed them mounted the same way I have them mounted. But no matter, they fit in there good, sound great, and I like the way they look with the chrome rings. I am planning on buying the rear speakers as soon as possible. Just need to save a little first

Old 09-30-2010, 10:54 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain

Originally Posted by GLACIERPEARL
I like what you did with the 1/4 turn,....so you could use the chrome bezels !! Great idea !!
Wow, I followed your link and you have some amazing ideas with the stereo you installed, wish I could hear it in person, bet it sounds fantastic.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 AM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

is it just my eyes, or do the boom speakers do away with the nasty perforated plastic shield which is used on the stock speakers??

Old 09-30-2010, 11:55 AM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^For the love of God, pls tell me more. Did you get a discount for the speakers and did you install them or did the dealer install them?

How much was the install and how much time should I figure for the dealer to install them. Is it a simple plug and play??? I want to know how much down time I'll have to take to get them installed...

Tks

BB

Old 09-30-2010, 12:14 PM
nemick
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Benito
^^^For the love of God, pls tell me more. Did you get a discount for the speakers and did you install them or did the dealer install them?

How much was the install and how much time should I figure for the dealer to install them. Is it a simple plug and play??? I want to know how much down time I'll have to take to get them installed...

Tks

BB
If you can remove the outer fairing, you can install them yourself. They are plug and play and pretty easy to swap out. If you install them yourself, figure on it taking about 45 minutes.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:29 PM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain

I personally did not get a discount other than my standard military discount of 10%. I paid the going rate of $149 minus the 10%, which in the great state of Washington, basically covers taxes. I also looked for these on ebay and did not see them any cheaper, So I felt it was OK to support my local Harley shop. As far as installation, I did it myself and it basically took about an hour and a half and that included modifying my chrome rings. I agree with Nemick, this job is not too hard and as long as you can take off your outer fairing, it should not be too much of a problem.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Benito
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

^^^Tks for the reply Gents!

Carpe Diem

BB

Old 09-30-2010, 12:33 PM
slothy
Road Warrior

cool, i have a few hundo left of store credit, prob pick up a pair today since i wanna switch out headlight bulb to a silverstar.

Old 09-30-2010, 06:06 PM
JC Turbo
Tourer

Originally Posted by hdelectra
I put the Boom! fairing speakers in as well along with some Dynamat on the inside of the outer fairing. HUGE difference. The dynamat pushes the sound back through the inner fairing. No problems hearing clear as a bell at 90.

I lined the entire inside of my fairing and rear speaker pods with Dynamat. It made a difference in sound quality, even with the stock speakers.

JC

Quick Reply: Bought the New HD Boom! Speakers