Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New HD LED Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:17 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts
Default New HD LED Turn Signals

Does any one know if the HD Visor Style Trim Rings will fit on the new HD LED Turn Signals.I have a set of the LEDs on order but I won't be picking them up for a couple weeks.I'd like to use the visors on them that I now have on the front and rear turn signals.
Thanks
Dan.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:30 PM
The Old Man
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to ask the same question so I am now subscribed to this...Thanks

Old 09-29-2010, 07:33 PM
IFLYNAVY
Intermediate

I have the visor style trim rings on my LED front turn signals. They are the same size as the OEM's and fit great.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by IFLYNAVY
I have the visor style trim rings on my LED front turn signals. They are the same size as the OEM's and fit great.
They are the new HD LEDs?

Old 09-29-2010, 07:58 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

You could always just pick up LED clusters from Custom Dynamics and not have to worry about fit with the trim rings. Super bright and lifetime warranty. And you can do front and rear for the price of one set of the HD LED's.

Custom Dynamics LED Turn Signals

Just food for thought.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
LeeP
Intermediate

I bought & installed the LED front signals last week because I dont have visors on the front although the stock lens screws up front are side to side. I didnt do the rears because the rear visors and stock lens screws are located top & bottom not side to side. I think the front visors may work with the new front signals but not the rears. It also may depend on what visors you have. I know this is not a definite answer but please post what your outcome is. I would like to install the new rear signals with visors.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:19 AM
phantomxrt
Advanced

Does anybody have any other experience with the new 2011 pancake-style LED turn signals?

Old 10-29-2010, 11:49 AM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member

I picked up the HD LED turn signals on the weekend and I installed the rear this week.I wasn't going to hook up the run mode but I gave it a try and they are the same brightness as the LED Tailight.I'm leaving them wired that way.I found that the regular bulbs with the Run/Brake module were too bright as running lights and not enough difference between run and brake.The LEDs have a big difference between run and brake,and the signal mode is very bright.I have the fender tip LED light as a brake and run as well,so I should get their attention now.I had questioned a few weeks ago if the HD visor trim rings would fit on these LEDs,and yes they will.I have the front LEDS as well,but I'll wait to install them when I install my HD Boom fairing speakers which I'm getting for Xmas.I'm a happy camper.Sorry no pictures.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:20 PM
LeeP
Intermediate

Installed the rear HD LED turn signals and HD Bar & Shield LED tail light today. Wired signals as run brake turn per instructions. Had to remove the run brake turn module I installed last year for them to work properly. The combination is a much brighter improvement. I got visors off e-bay that match the old rear visors I had, they were only held on with one srew on the top, to work with the new rear turn signals.

Attached Thumbnails New HD LED Turn Signals-visors.jpg   New HD LED Turn Signals-visors2.jpg  

Last edited by LeeP; 10-30-2010 at 08:22 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:55 AM
phantomxrt
Advanced

Thanks Dan, thanks Lee.