Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heading back to the Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 AM
dmercy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, help me buy a new RK... would you be interested in my bike?

Old 09-29-2010, 09:48 AM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I have a SB in the garage next to my RGU until my son comes and gets it... I ride the Bob about once a week and leave the shield off it. It just beats the crapouttame. It's OK with the shield (just not as cool) on it and I really like it comfort and handling wise. But If I am riding, I typically jump on my RG.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:50 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

I went from Dyna to touring and although I loved my Wide Glide, I won't trade one for the other. It has taken me quite a while to get used to the UC, but now I love it. Most of my riding is solo, but I still love it. At some point in the future I would love to get a retro Wide Glide, like an Evo or maybe even a shovel, but that is some time down the road as money and storage space iss an issue right now.

Good luck on your choice, both are great bikes!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:06 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Exactly why I kept my FXR2 when I bought my new StreetGlide!

Old 09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
mongomark
Road Master
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

I too could only afford one bike (divorce, still paying support). Going from a sport bike (Suzuki 1200 bandit) was a bit of a culture shock. The lack of ground clearance and bagger wobble when pressed hard was a problem. After the mods to make this bike fit my style of riding, I can say with confidence the handling and performance approaches sport touring levels with heavy bagger long distance capability. Dumped the stock shorty air shocks and went with 13" Works steel trackers, a progressive suspension link, Race Tech Gold emulators and Springs (without lowering) in the front and steering head bearings adjusted on the tight side of spec. I also went with a velva ride urethane front engine mount. Mix that up with the SE-204 cams, heavy breather intake and Rinehart slip ons, 101 ft lbs torque and 86 hp and it's a fun eager ride. The bagger platform can do a lot.

Old 09-29-2010, 10:27 AM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

How long have you been riding the SG? I ask because I went from a Dyna to a Bagger. After riding a year 2up, my wife decided to ride her own bike. I bought her an 09 DynaL Occasionally I would jump on it because I always loved my Dyna and it was a big decision to move up to the Road Sofa I called it. After riding the bagger, the Dyna didn't feel right anymore. I hope you know what you are doing! I would rent one for a day and ride. You might realize how much you moved up. After my wife finally ended up with a SG Trike, I got away from the Road Sofa, But went to a Road King. Same frame and comfort, but a lot more agile around town. JMO

Old 09-29-2010, 12:04 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Why do you consider that a step down? Sounds like your making a step towards a bike that suits you better.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Damascus
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good for you! I love the Fat Bob. I'm really happy with my 09 RK and its carrying capacity for commuting and trips, but I'd love to have a second lighter bike. I can see in future old age going with a lighter Harley and not hauling around so much stuff. Have fun, Murph

Old 09-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In a sense I have the best of both worlds with Fatboy and a Street Glide. But if forced to keep only one, it would be hand down the SG.

Shakey

Old 09-29-2010, 01:47 PM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
How long have you been riding the SG? I ask because I went from a Dyna to a Bagger. After riding a year 2up, my wife decided to ride her own bike. I bought her an 09 DynaL Occasionally I would jump on it because I always loved my Dyna and it was a big decision to move up to the Road Sofa I called it. After riding the bagger, the Dyna didn't feel right anymore. I hope you know what you are doing! I would rent one for a day and ride. You might realize how much you moved up. After my wife finally ended up with a SG Trike, I got away from the Road Sofa, But went to a Road King. Same frame and comfort, but a lot more agile around town. JMO
Rent one for the day!

Quick Reply: Heading back to the Dyna