Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ State HOG Rally...WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
thecort
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NJ State HOG Rally...WTF!

Rode down to Seaside, Heights Friday night for the "NJ State HOG Rally". Seemed like there were more police than motorcycles! It downright sucked ***! It was so dead there that we actually tried finding the "Jersey Shore" house.
Been to a few rallies, but that was the first HOG Rally. Is it normally like that?

Old 09-28-2010, 09:15 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 51 Likes on 26 Posts

Went down there Saturday. Didn't see an abundance of law enforcement but I expected more biker activity. It was nothing like Wildwood or Delmarva.
The tents were weak. I think they may call it a "HOG" rally because of the pork on barbecue row. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed but it was a nice day to ride.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 PM
Lu
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah the rally sucked, but it was a beautiful day to ride. Good thing I did not pay upfront to attend.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:37 AM
ptl203
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

If anyone was in the "vendor" area and saw a blacked out RG on display at the powdercoater tent, that is my bike. He and the guy next to him, Frank Mullin Cycles did all the work on my bike so they wanted it on display...downside...I was bikeless for a few days...upside, I have some credit comin my way

Old 09-29-2010, 04:23 AM
STUNU
Tourer

sweetlu, i did pay and i will tell u it wont happen again what a joke. me and my wife drove up friday night and stayed over. when i got there i thought were is everybody? but i soon found out that, that was it vendor area was terriable , the vendors that were there were cool but, come on. i spent the 45.00 for me and the wife and all i can say is they saw me coming.i was very disapointed to say the least.

Old 09-29-2010, 05:49 AM
Max96
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Family commitments prevented me from attending and I was bummed out. Reading this post makes me feel so much better.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:06 AM
michaelmartin
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, not too good. I'm glad I only live right over the bridge in TR and didn't travel far for it. Nothing special at all.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:44 AM
hawg08
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you think yours was bad, you should have been at the so-called "National HOG Rally" in Oklahoma City a year or so ago. It was a joke!!!!

Old 09-29-2010, 07:48 PM
mtbottles
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Me and some friends decided to skip the rally since it was such a beautiful day to ride. So we rode from NYC to Ocean City, MD for some crab cakes.The day was broken up by the Cape May Ferry.

Awesome day. Glad we didn't go to the rally.

Old 09-30-2010, 04:52 AM
frigginutz
Stage I
Default New Jersey Rally? What a joke!

Me and my wife stayed all three days.Thursday night and friday night it was wall to wall police cars ridding around all night.The Rally was a borefest.Our Hog group lost our sponser in March but thirty of us showed up to get together and have fun.If it wasnt for all the alcohol we drank,i would have been sleeping by 9pm.To top it off we payed 15 bucks apeice for a BBQ of cold burgers,dogs and undercooked chicken.My wife and i went in town to get a hot meal and found all the rallys top brass having dinner at a restaurant.Guess they couldnt eat it either.

Never going back to a NJ State Rally till the get some new blood in there!!

Quick Reply: NJ State HOG Rally...WTF!