Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NJ State HOG Rally...WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 07:04 AM
SPARKY01
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

most "hog" rallys do suck as far as vendors and partying go. mostly rides thruout the area. i went to the one in texas a few years ago in new braunfels. expected a great party but no vendors and kinda dull. the best part was the beach boys and since they're only about, oh, a hundred years old now, they sucked too. save my money for the lone star rally in galveston or the big state rally in austin. now thats a party...lol. ride safe

Old 10-01-2010, 06:20 AM
exhog
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you think NJ rally was bad I went to PA and Des they were a lot worse.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:20 AM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. New Jersey
2. HOG

'Nuff said

Old 10-01-2010, 09:21 AM
cmecatchu2
Advanced

I went to two National events and refused to go to the local NJ HOG rally even though many of my fellow members went. I have seen nothing but bad postings on our Group page. Harley and HOG have dissappointed me on prior rallies and especially the Woman's Celebration in Milwaukee this year--- There was nothing there for women that ride, no vendors, no reason to want to go back or to participate in any HOG event. I expected NJ Rally to be much of the same and I am glad that I saved my money and rode elsewhere.

Old 10-01-2010, 10:59 AM
audettd
Tourer

Sorry to hear this....guess its just a sign of the times. I myself don't do the rallies any longer for the reasons described here. To much money spent doing nothing. I can find better ways to spend my money. The vendors aren't offering much anymore for discounts like they use to...you can buy cheaper online usually. Its not going to get any better IMO

Old 10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
XtremeHD
Intermediate

the ones that used to be held in AC Wildwood were great then they shifted it to Vernon, NJ and low and behold they had it in Seaside and it wasn't good, but nice day to ride.
HD-Dave

Old 10-03-2010, 10:55 AM
cmecatchu2
Advanced

According to the Harley HOG rep for our area, three years ago in our than HOG meeting, they left Wildwood and Roar to the Shore because it was no longer a HOG event and the HOG members weren't getting treated the way Harley wanted them, that we are supposed to be number 1 and that to share the event with other non HOG members wasn't what Harley and HOG thought was a good idea, because the HOG members weren't a priority anymore. So IMO what the rep meant was that HOG and Harley weren't making enough of our $$$. From what I have heard from my riding club, mind you we were a HOG Group until we lost our sponsor this year due to its closing, food was cold and raw, and the same HOG/HARLEY rep and rally people were seen eating elsewhere instead of with the group!! Way to lead by example, and that HOG members are Harley's priority! Nothing shows HOG members how we are viewed by MOCO and HOG that we are just $$$ in their eyes, IMO!