Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went Down and Daughter was along for the ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy Went Down and Daughter was along for the ride

Two weeks ago I wrecked my motorcycle and my daughter Alyssa was along for the ride. Alyssa did not do as well as I. Apparently she had he helmet on lose enough to pop off and got 9 staples on top her head. She had signs of dizziness. However, that has subsided. I ended up with some road rash and bruises on the foot, but pretty much OK except for my pride...which in turn is why it took me so long to post. I got up in the morning unable to move properly but got the old bones moving enough to go to work. Alyssa was off work for a week...not what a daddy wants to experience...

So what happened (must I say)? ......I was traveling threw a small town 35mph (GPS history data is awesome) and the road outside of town I took branched off to the right, as I was traveling up the hill 45mph now, I noticed a bike behind me that was not there a few seconds ago. It looked to be a Harley and maybe a friend so I continued to identify the rider failing to yield the turn to the left and off camber to the hill quickly approaching. Once realizing the turn I laid the bike on the left side of the frame upon realizing the turn was just ahead, I stood the bike back up and the bike went into instant tank slap, the bars went pin-to-pin. We fell to the right and slid 49 feet. I went from 45mph too 32mph in 1 second, then too 19mph in 2 seconds and then the GPS just trickled down from there. The bike slid up behind me and nudged me while Alyssa ended in the field. I ran over to Alyssa and she moaned but was talking to me...she went in for a cat scan, and I road the bike home to take the family into the hospital. When we got to the hospital I felt terrible and Alyssa says to me "thanks for taking me riding".

$8200.00 damage to the bike. $17,000.00 medical bill for special ambulance ride and 3 hours in the hospital.

First for me after 32 years of street riding.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:08 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,222 Likes on 1,839 Posts

Glad you are ok. Must be scary with what you went through with your friend a while ago also.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
FLoTR
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry bout your spill dude. Time heals a lot of things. You know she still loves ya.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:13 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I know you feel bad for your Daughter, But things happen! I'm glad you or she wasn't hurt really bad. Keep an eye on her head injury, They can be tricky at times. Just write this off to things happen and lesson learned. Get her back on the bike soon as she's up to it. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2010, 07:16 PM
Garcou
Club Member

Damn! Hope everyone is feeling better

Old 09-28-2010, 07:17 PM
bill1nat
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Im very sorry to hear of your accident. I am so glad you and Alyssa are OK.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Glad you are ok. Must be scary with what you went through with your friend a while ago also.
Maybe an understatement...Thanks for keeping Robert alive, he deserves that for sure.

Old 09-28-2010, 07:22 PM
lrays280z
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad that everything worked out without either one of you getting seriously hurt.

IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

damn sorry to hear that. Hope you and your daughter heal completely and quickly.

dlrshort
Road Captain

To quote both you and the mastercard commercial:$8200.00 damage to the bike. $17,000.00 medical bill for special ambulance ride, 3 hours in the hospital and the fact that you're both alive: PRICELESS.

Glad you're both ok. Thank God you were spared the hearbreak of loosing a child!

Quick Reply: Went Down and Daughter was along for the ride