Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lost radio in rain storm

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 03:29 PM
wildeano
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Lost radio in rain storm

Have a 2010 ultra and last night while coming home about 50 miles or so in a fairly heavy down pour i lost all radio function,,, i took it to the dealer this a.m. And they said they would have to order one and replace,,, the only bummer is it might take up to 4 weeks.... Has any one else had any problems with their radios in the rain??? I never expierienced any sort of problem when i had my 07 in some pretty substantial down pours... Just venting

Attached Thumbnails Lost radio in rain storm-lion-rapture.jpg  
Old 09-27-2010, 04:47 PM
valvestem
Road Captain

That's unusual to have the radio go bad in the rain, but it will probably be less than 4 weeks turn around time.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:13 PM
merlin41
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The radio on my 2010 Ltd got really wet a few weeks ago. It wouldn't eject the CD after that and the backlight was gone. It took the dealer 2 weeks to get a replacement. They said that they were getting really good at swapping radios (sounds bad to me). It took them 45 minutes to replace the radio once they had one.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:25 PM
wildeano
Tourer

Im just hoping they were giving me the longest fore cast time,, a friend said he had his in about a week and a half..the strange thing is, not just the radio went ,but, the horn went out too.... They replaced it this a.m. When i took it in..................

Old 09-27-2010, 06:36 PM
sporacer
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I have lost my radio 2 times in 19000 miles when riding in the rain. After it dries up It works normally. 2010 flhx

Old 09-27-2010, 06:45 PM
arlinsg
Road Captain
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

A couple of weeks ago I ran down to Tahoe to meet up with some buds. I didn't get 20 miles from home before it started raining. I was in the fast lane heading south, when a northbound car hit a puddle, and just drenched me. About 10 minutes later, in stop and go traffic in downtown Seattle my radio volume goes up full blast all by itself, and everytime I would turn it down, it would turn itself back up. I had just installed J&M 7.25s so I had the AVC off.
Anyways it did this all the way down, and the whole time I was in Tahoe. I got up Sunday morning to leave and the radio worked fine, and haven't had a problem again.
The only thing I can figure is, whatever was wet finally dried out.
It had me thinking maybe I had pinched the wires when I put my wo575s on, but it's fine now.
Bob

Old 09-27-2010, 07:15 PM
parachuter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess it would be a good idea after reading this to shut the radio off, if riding in the rain, and hopefully no problems will arise.

Old 09-27-2010, 08:49 PM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by wildeano
Have a 2010 ultra and last night while coming home about 50 miles or so in a fairly heavy down pour i lost all radio function,,, i took it to the dealer this a.m. And they said they would have to order one and replace,,, the only bummer is it might take up to 4 weeks.... Has any one else had any problems with their radios in the rain??? I never expierienced any sort of problem when i had my 07 in some pretty substantial down pours... Just venting
Tell me about it. My radio has been out for over a month now. They want to send mine in for repair which may take "4 to 6 weeks". I don't to ride around with a hole in my dash that long.

I will take it in when the weather gets bad and leave it.

2010 Ultra..

Old 09-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Biker Oma
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our radio drowned the year we spent 5 days in a torrential downpour when we toured Florida. We let it dry out and a week later it started functioning again. Go figure.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:21 PM
pnwlimited
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to Reno last week and was in 100 miles of rain and my CD player quit and wouldnt eject the disk, dried it out with a can of compressed air and it finally ejected 2 days later. I just went out and tried a different disk, thinking it may have dried out and the disk will NOT eject. Guess I will take it in and let them mess with it.

Quick Reply: Lost radio in rain storm