Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide with black denim tour-pak

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 01:42 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Road Glide with black denim tour-pak

Added the tour-pak to my 10 Road Glide. Actually included it in the initial purchase but it took a month or so to come in. I chose to get the smoked lights all the way around and also added the air wing luggage rack with the smoked lights. I think it was the right choice with this color, love the look.

The mechanic is having a heck of a time. The taillights apparently are not plug/play so he's having to order some connectors to make it that way (i don't really know the details but it's been two days putting it together and it has to go back again a 3rd day to get the taillights working). Good thing the labor was figured with the original deal!!

Old 09-26-2010, 02:02 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks GREAT!! Love the smoked lens! Is that the LED unit?

Old 09-26-2010, 02:15 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the rear T-P lights. Goes very well with the bike & box. Indeed you ARE very fortunate the labor was taken care of up front. Smart man.

I empathize with you on the install quirks. I'm going through basically the same deal (though with a CB) and H-D seems to have done all it could to make this a tedious process even though there are plenty of us that would go the route of a full-boat Tour-Pak. If it makes you feel any better, I'm going with the rear speakers and all for the full Ultra capabilities. I must be nuts!

I noticed a small added bonus for your Denim look. The black plastic that surrounds the T-P lights blends in nicely with your paint and looks much better than those of us with a 'color'. Makes it look like it was color-matched, like a CVO.

Old 09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Your tech probably hasn't done one before. The necessary connectors for the LED tour pak light kit are included in the kit, and will, with an included Y-connector) plug into the rear light connector under the seat for the run/brake/turn signal circuits.

The air wing luggage rack light uses the bike's tour pak harness (under the left side cover) and comes with a Y-connector so that the side marker lights (if the tour pak has them) and the air wing LED's are wired to the bike's tour pak harness.

The LED light bar looks great on your tour pak/bike.

Carl

Old 09-26-2010, 02:32 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain

Thanks all...I did have the speakers added also which makes a big difference on the sound that gets to your ears. The lights are the LED's. Can't wait to actually see 'em on.

Carl, it doesn't seem logical that everything that was needed wasn't already there so I'm sure you're right. As long as they get it up and running on my next trip back I'll be satisfied.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:29 PM
groupw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 464 Likes on 360 Posts

....... i like the 'stealth' look that the thin LED bar & blacked out lenses gives your TP
... and I agree w/

Originally Posted by Da Butcher
The black plastic that surrounds the T-P lights blends in nicely with your paint and looks much better than those of us with a 'color'. Makes it look like it was color-matched, like a CVO.
.... some 'colors' almost require matching to not look like chit.

Old 09-26-2010, 03:40 PM
thealaskan
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks slick, but I immediately thought your H-D (certified ?) mech must be a learn-as-you-go hack. Harleypingman (above) pretty much verified my concern. I wouldn't let this fool work on my bike a moment further... and perhaps that bodes not so well for the entire boutique...

---------

I have wondered if that LED pack would fit on the chopped pizza box. Anyone know ?

Old 06-20-2011, 03:20 AM
jjsw1283
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkbite, do you know the part number for your tour pak and backrest? Im looking to do the same to my bike, love how it looks on yours

Old 06-21-2011, 07:45 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jjsw1283
Sharkbite, do you know the part number for your tour pak and backrest? Im looking to do the same to my bike, love how it looks on yours
Thanks....just ordered the vented lowers and I've made a few other changes since the pictures, I need to update.

Unfortunately I'm not home for the next few days, I'm in training, so I don't have the part numbers. You should be able to get them off the harley site. If you don't get them in the next few days send me another message and I'll look up the receipt when I get home and get 'em for ya.

Old 06-22-2011, 03:51 AM
jjsw1283
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Which style tour pak is it? Im confused on tour paks to be honest. In the moco p/a book, they have king, chopped, and razor paks. Never seen any in person, but just going off pics it looks like the king pak is bigger, and a chopped is smaller than what comes on factory Ultras. Im looking for regular sized ultra pak which is what yours looks like. Yeh let me know that part # when your home thanks. Also are you running the detachable rack?

Last edited by jjsw1283; 06-22-2011 at 04:36 AM.

Quick Reply: Road Glide with black denim tour-pak