Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide with black denim tour-pak

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:59 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

My tour pak is the king, part # (in my color) is 79071-10BYM. I got the air wing luggage rack (79179-08) and the led luggage rack lights in smoke (68271-08), the smoked wrap around lights (67931-11) and the detachable kit (not sure on the numbers on that, maybe 54205-09). There are other parts that your dealer can help you with (a nut or two, cam hook etc). Total cost on all the extras was about $3,600 retail. I got it for less because I did it all at time of purchase. I also got a regular backrest incase I take the tour-pak off but I never have.

Hope that helps

Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 AM
CruzN
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkBite
The taillights apparently are not plug/play so he's having to order some connectors to make it that way (i don't really know the details but it's been two days putting it together and it has to go back again a 3rd day to get the taillights working). Good thing the labor was figured with the original deal!!
That is weird. I bought the chopped pak for my FLHT standard with the Air Wing and light bard. It was all Plug N Play, installed it myself in about two hours.
Only problem was fishing the wire thru the screw into the chopped pak. The rest was a piece of cake.. the light bar plugged straight into the acc harness without any problems.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 AM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

SharkBite, are you making the TP detachable or permanently mounted? I could be wrong, but I thought the included wiring was for a permanent installation, and that you needed extra connectors to make it detachable.
Don't really know, as my Ultra came with a TP.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:14 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsw1283
Which style tour pak is it? Im confused on tour paks to be honest. In the moco p/a book, they have king, chopped, and razor paks. Never seen any in person, but just going off pics it looks like the king pak is bigger, and a chopped is smaller than what comes on factory Ultras. Im looking for regular sized ultra pak which is what yours looks like. Yeh let me know that part # when your home thanks. Also are you running the detachable rack?

The "King" tour pak comes as standard equipment on Ultras.

The "Chopped" in about 3/4 the size of the "King"

The "Razor" is about 1/2 the size of the "Chopped" and can barley fit a cell phone in it.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:55 AM
SharkBite
Road Captain

Mine is set up as detachable. That may be the difference in the wiring. I have never even tried to take it off as of yet and may never do so. I like the convenience of having it. My only complaint is the suspension on my bike. It can be jarring hitting a bump. Probably a combination of having the tour-pak and riding 2-up may make it a bit worse (although me and the better half total less than 300). I've tried adjusting air and it doesn't help so I'm considering different shocks.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:01 PM
BigMike17
Road Master
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

I like it - it'll really come in handy too!

Originally Posted by usmc3468
The "King" tour pak comes as standard equipment on Ultras.

The "Chopped" in about 3/4 the size of the "King"

The "Razor" is about 1/2 the size of the "Chopped" and can barley fit a cell phone in it.

I added the chopped tour pak with a detachable kit to my SG and love it. It's just the right size for me and gives plenty of extra room for road trips.

Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
jjsw1283
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the #'s Shark. Alot of bikes Ive seen w/ detachable TP's you can tell it was added on and looks odd, like it sits up too high. Yours looks like it actually came on the bike. Didnt know if you were running certain parts or what not.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:08 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain

Originally Posted by jjsw1283
Thanks for the #'s Shark. Alot of bikes Ive seen w/ detachable TP's you can tell it was added on and looks odd, like it sits up too high. Yours looks like it actually came on the bike. Didnt know if you were running certain parts or what not.
No problem, any time....if you need my complete quote sheet from the dealer send me a fax # on here or pm and I can fax it to you. That was most of the information off the form though.

I agree that I think mine kinda looks like it sits low, or maybe even angles back a slight bit. I actually like it though with the color and style of my bike. Can't wait for the lowers to get here.

Old 06-25-2011, 12:19 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 118 Likes on 82 Posts

While you're at it...Please don't forget the premium tour pak hinges.

Thorey

Old 06-26-2011, 12:36 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
While you're at it...Please don't forget the premium tour pak hinges.

Thorey

Oh yea, got those 2

Quick Reply: Road Glide with black denim tour-pak