Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are ISO grips that good???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 09:59 PM
Garemlin
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Are ISO grips that good???

I see and read about alot of people using them. Are they really that comfortable??? Never really thought about getting them until I just saw today they are coming in all black now. Didn't care for the look before. Oh and are these good for smaller hands???

Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

It's all a personal preference. I had them on my Fat Bob, and liked them. When I got the Road Glide I hated the stock grips. Picked up another set of ISO, and still like the feel. Nice cushion, I don't feel the vibration as much. I'm happy with them. The black ones are a real nice touch.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Slash
Stellar HDF Member
Received 125 Likes on 50 Posts

Had the Iso's they're good grips,I run Avon grips now and like them more.They have an all black model.Made in USA Texas some examples here.http://www.jpcycles.com/brand/avon-g...bars-and-grips

Old 09-23-2010, 10:14 PM
Sargergp
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Garemlin
I see and read about alot of people using them. Are they really that comfortable??? Never really thought about getting them until I just saw today they are coming in all black now. Didn't care for the look before. Oh and are these good for smaller hands???
I put a set of the ISO Flame grips on my Ultra as soon as I got it home. I've had a set on the two previous bikes so I already knew what they felt like. One big advantage of them is the removable end caps that allow you to add such things as the adjustable throttle boss or even lockable helmet hooks. The throttle boss is a real wrist saver when you find yourself anywhere other than the ride captain in a group ride and can't use the cruise control on a long ride. I can't say for sure how comfortable they would be for small hands because mine are above average (XXL gloves) but I don't think it would matter whether you can wrap your hand all the way around it. My two cents.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have had Kuryakyn grips on two bikes now. Very comfortable.

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/500-153?N=274974

Old 09-23-2010, 10:17 PM
cruzmisl
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the PM grips with Renthal Rubber. Best $100 I spent on my bike.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:27 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

I had the regular Iso's on another bike and just installed the new black Iso's on my 2010 black Ultra Classic.I really like the black ones because they just kind of blend in rather than stand out.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
RKC Traveler
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the Iso-Grips on a previous bike and loved them. I didn't know if I wanted that look on the current bike so I went with the H-D Nostalgic grips. The Nostalgic grips looks good in my opinion but I seem to get more wrist fatigue than I recall with the Iso-Grips. I noticed Kuryakyn just came out with an all black version of the Iso-Grips so I'm going to go with them; they are next on my list of mods.

Old 09-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Wassup8687
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had them in my last bike and have them on the Ultra also. I love the looks and feel. My hands aren't small nor super huge and they are very comfortable for me.

Last edited by Wassup8687; 09-24-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 AM
caberto
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I had them on my two previous bikes, and will also install on my new Road King when I change out the handle bars.

I think it makes a huge difference in comfort and "feel good" factor, even a sense of better control. I don't have big hands, and they're fine. I don't care much for the standard ISO grips from Kury, but have had the flame ISO grips, and really like them.

Quick Reply: Are ISO grips that good???