Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deepest Exhaust Snarl

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2010 | 04:52 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
From: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative

My bro's SE Street Performers are the best sounding pipes I've heard.

Old 09-24-2010 | 04:58 AM
todd-67
Ultimate HDF Member

Another vote for the VH Monster cans here. Deep they are. Probably the deepest bassy tone of any can that I have heard but snarly??? not sure if that is a word I would use for them. They sound really good when you get into them but they are not overly aggressive. They do open up some after you have some miles on them.

Old 09-24-2010 | 05:40 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior

I'm going to go off the board.... Something to look into maybe
On my 1996 Ultra... I had the Wild Pig pipes....
And the would growl!!!I would have them on my bike now, but I love the fish tail type look I have now...
Good luck

Old 09-24-2010 | 06:10 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member

Yep, absolutely nothing compares to CFRs. I have ran them, Reinharts, and Bassani's myself. CFRs move the earth on tone! And my opinion, nothing looks better either.

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I'll put any of the pipes mentioned so far against my CFRs and no one will sound as deep.
But don't listen to what we say. Go to a big bike rally and listen to all of them. It's gonna be tough to listen to CFRs cause there aren't too many around ............ which is a good thing.
I had Rineharts before and I ditched them, no only because they were too tinny for my taste but because there were too many of them.

Old 09-24-2010 | 08:04 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by todd-67
Another vote for the VH Monster cans here. Deep they are. Probably the deepest bassy tone of any can that I have heard but snarly??? not sure if that is a word I would use for them. They sound really good when you get into them but they are not overly aggressive. They do open up some after you have some miles on them.

I agree completely. Great sounding pipes, deep and resonant, but not snarly in the least.

I've not run any of the Rinehart slip ons, but the Rinehart true duals on my bike sound very tame. Even with the 2 1/2 inch baffles, they are too quiet, and not deep enough in tone.

Old 09-24-2010 | 10:17 AM
sargek
Road Warrior

The Rinehart slips I ran had a very deep, booming sound. Not sure if they had the competition baffles (?) but I thought they were flat out obnoxious at idle and in-town - I set off alarms everywhere I went. I will say they sounded great on the highway though - nice sound at a cruise, kind of like Nascar

Old 09-24-2010 | 10:33 AM
2004Sierra
Road Master

I installed V&H Dresser Duals and the Twin Slash Rounds on my 2010 RK and it sounds perfect to my ears. At cruise its good and throaty but not overly loud, but crack the throttle and it really sounds off in that true Harley sound.
I purchased them through Fuel Moto and got their Power Package with the air cleaner and Power Commander V, preloaded with a dyno tune.
To me nothing sounds as good as true duals, and with the Power Package I feel no loss in low end power with the true duals.

Old 09-24-2010 | 11:32 AM
hougz79
|
Road Warrior

Thanks for the replies again. Yes, I am leaning in the direction of V&H and will be going through Fuel Moto for their power packages.

--I like the looks and sound of the H/O Slip ons, but I've read they will blue (My current Rinehart 2:1 slip on is blueing and it's driving me nuts).

--I Love the looks of the Monster Rounds, but I'm not sure if they will be too mellow... If they growl more than the Monster Ovals they are a strong contender.

-- The Twin Slash get glowing reviews on most threads... I'm not in love with the look of the end; but the sound, value, and performance all seem outstanding.

-- The Pro Pipe (or PP H/O) is really growing on me. To maintain the performance of a 2:1 would be nice, and they really growl. The price is right too.

Old 09-24-2010 | 12:24 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

+1 on the Jackpot Pro Touring Pipe. Getting compliments all the time now. Very deep sound and no resonating. Very loud "snarl" when you twist the throttle. The video on FM's website does them no justice, need to hear them in person. If I was in Wisconsin like you are , I would make a trip to FuelMoto and you can hear them in person.

Old 09-24-2010 | 12:42 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

Thunderheader 2-1. For slip-ons try the Basssani 4" megaphones. They produce a very deep sound.

Quick Reply: Deepest Exhaust Snarl