Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deepest Exhaust Snarl

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010 | 03:40 PM
bkelly1956
Tourer

Look at supertrapp's...great sound imho. Their website is pretty good and includes the ability to listen to the sound...although it's basically impossible to draw conclusions from computer-based sounds

Old 09-23-2010 | 03:57 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Deep rumble and snarl? Rinehart out of those choices.

Drew

Old 09-23-2010 | 04:21 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member

I'll put any of the pipes mentioned so far against my CFRs and no one will sound as deep.
But don't listen to what we say. Go to a big bike rally and listen to all of them. It's gonna be tough to listen to CFRs cause there aren't too many around ............ which is a good thing.
I had Rineharts before and I ditched them, no only because they were too tinny for my taste but because there were too many of them.

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:00 PM
Raggio
5th Gear

i have 2010 sg and put power duals and v/h high output mufflers on stock engine. They are have a very deep rumble, not crackly at all. Can still hear the radio in all gears. They are large diameter, but i like em!

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:45 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member

i'm extremely happy with my vance & hines pro pipe. i know you want to stay with duals, but the pro pipe has a very gnarly sound, very deep, and she howls when you give her the gas. to help you decide, it might be a good idea to go to a harley shop on saturday morning, you're likely to hear many types of exhaust systems. everything sounds different in the real world environment, so it's up to you to decide.

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:52 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by sifularson
I just bought a set of V&H monster rounds but I haven't installed them yet.

I was at the HD shop the other day and 2 of the service guys had the V&H hi-output monster rounds on their bikes. They sounded nice and low and really woke up on throttle. They are huge at the rear and they stick out 5 or 6 inches past the bags.

I bought the regular monster rounds because I didn't want quite as large. I think they're 1/2 inch smaller although I haven't measured to compare.

A friend of mine has CFRs and they sound great BUT he had issues when he had his bike tuned. Some guys say they are too open and hard to tune so you have to install the correct baffles. JMO (second hand).

I went with a complete V&H set-up because I believe it will be easier to find a TTS map for that hardware. Also, V&H makes very nice pipes and mufflers that really work for a good balance of power and sound.

So . . .

There you have my opinion.
I just put the V&H Monster Rounds on myself, you are going to like them. I think they call them 4" in diamater. They are a little longer than most mufflers too. I need that with my extended bags.
The V&H High Outputs I am told are loud. Of course that is a relative term to personal tastes I know.

Old 09-23-2010 | 06:02 PM
DooZ
Cruiser

Take a look at Fuel Moto's Jackpot Pro Touring., They fill out the back of the bike very nicely. Great low rumble with the bark on the big end. I'm very pleased with them!

Old 09-23-2010 | 07:42 PM
toothdocthc
Account Deactivated At Users Request

Originally Posted by apolo07
I recently put Vance and Hines twin slash ovals and power duals on my 09 RKC, deep sound and really opens up when you crack the throttle open. Also have a 103 stage two kit and that also makes it sound better too.
Ditto, same here but on 2011 103 street glide with sert and se ac. Ive had the rush with 1.75 up to 2.5(2.5's were abnoxious loud) as I recall on a 08 RKC. I was going to get the monster ovals but was warned that they will get scratched up in turns do to the size. The twin slash ovals are great to look at, deep rumble, and really bark when you get down on it. Love this set up and would highly recommend.

Old 09-23-2010 | 07:58 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain

I just went from a set of Rush 3-1/2" diameter (w/2-1/4" baffles) to a set of the new Rinehart 4" slip-ons. My own opinion is that they're WAY deeper than the Rush's AND conventional 3-1/2" Rineharts. I 'm a happy camper. I 've got an 09, so there's no cat in the head-pipes. A set of these (on a 2010) with power duals or dresser duals would fit the bill. I thinking of getting the dresser dual head-pipes next.

Last edited by SGLarry; 09-23-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-23-2010 | 08:03 PM
SGLarry
Road Captain

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Deep rumble and snarl? Rinehart out of those choices.

Drew
I was never a Rinehart fan until I heard the new 4" slip-ons.....after hearing them I put a set on mine. :-)

Quick Reply: Deepest Exhaust Snarl