Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger - 2011 Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 11:08 AM
DooZ
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnScrip
Man, I gotta say -- Now that I've had a chance to put some (several hundred) miles on this thing, I'm absolutely smitten with this machine. I've probably thought similar things about every bike I've owned - and I hope I don't sound absolutely smitten, but I never thought a bike could feel this 'perfect' - The ride is absolutely spectacular, the comfort level is about 9.6, the suspension is completely off the charts. The handling is so freakishly 'light' and nimble -- I can probably do a figure-8 inside the turning radius of my old SG.

I remember the first time I saw that 'new frame' '09 poster -- The whole "We Changed Everything" mumbo-jumbo. And I remember thinking "Yeah, whatever..." Well I was wrong - They changed everything. This thing rocks hard in ways that I never would have expected. I'm smiling so much that I need extra toothpicks to get all the bugs out every few miles.

Swapped all my parts to the new ride - My cousin came over again and helped my install that sweet, black "Air Wing" luggage rack and the nearly invisible LED running/brake light that goes with it. I think we finished up around 1AM and we stayed in the garage just staring at the thing (and drinking coffee) for another two hours.

And now, it's dark, rainy and 42 degrees...

But speaking of dark, I have to say that I never realized how much I missed the passing lamps -- Had them on my old (1996) Road King. The light cast is so much more 'car-like' on those dark roads.

In any case, as much as it sorta sucks getting a new bike as riding season enters the top of the 9th, I'm sure I'm going to stack on some 'fall colors' miles as often as I can.

More pics -- Sans the 'Air Wing' -- Hoping to take some nicer shots at some point soon - But if it's nice enough to be shutter-bugging, it's probably nice enough to be riding instead.

OPINIONS: Thinking about pulling the bag rails & the front bumper and going with the slightly more "Ultra Limited" look (especially after I get the lowers on there). Thoughts...?
I did exactly what you're thinking. IMHO it makes the bike look cleaner/sportier

Last edited by DooZ; 10-04-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 11:31 AM
BigGdawg
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Enjoy riding that dawg!

Old 10-04-2010, 11:34 AM
al baehr
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great, I am right around the corner from you in Warrenviile IL, have fun

Old 10-04-2010, 02:04 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DooZ
I did exactly what you're thinking. I need to update the picture below, but IMHO it makes the bike look cleaner/sportier
Pulled the rails yesterday -- "For the Win" as the kids are saying these days. Photo attached below if all works out.

Man, that bumper... I read a post about using a GatorGrip or whatever it's called to loosen that bolt because of the "bent" thing keeping it on there... I just don't want to go in there with a hammer and a screwdriver and screw something up...

That said, the bumper doesn't bug me so much without those rails...

Eh, day by day, right?

Attached Thumbnails Pulled the trigger - 2011 Electra Glide Classic-img_0854.jpg  
Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Enjoy the new frame, I didn't realize there was so much differenc until I got mine. I'll bet your back seat passenger will love the tour pack too. Enjoy the ride

Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM
SG Mike
Road Master

Congrats!

Old 10-04-2010, 02:54 PM
LadyDeluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I never get tired of a black bike. Congratulations!

Old 11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I need new pictures -- Soon enough I'm sure. It's the freaking Uber-Glide.

Fairing lowers (HD, vented), RJ's heat shields (Geezus, those things look great), took care of the mounting holes in the bag guards in a rather sylistic manner after removing the rails...

I can't believe it could be another 6 months before I can take a few days to actually do some serious miles...

But as it is now, every "ride to the Post Office" (that's just what I call it when I have a spare hour or two) triggers that feeling of having the best bike ever built...

Old 11-03-2010, 04:58 PM
dansflhti
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Congrats.I bet she won't be a Plain Jane for long.

Old 11-04-2010, 03:19 AM
PadreL
Club Member

I know it's a little late, but congratulations on the new bike.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger - 2011 Electra Glide Classic