Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger - 2011 Electra Glide Classic

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2010, 06:25 AM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats !. Wondering why you didn't go another extra mile to the Ultra ?. It's got all the bells and whistles plus much better resale/trade value when it comes to selling or trading.

Thorey

Old 09-23-2010, 06:26 AM
cmhfguy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good one!

Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 AM
smokindave
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats! You will like the gearing change and new frame. Big difference and not to mention the longer shocks giving a better ride. You might find not all your parts fit on the new frame, some will, some won't.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:17 AM
SUPRPIG
Road Master

Congratulations. I as well went with the Classic and have never reqretted the decision. With the money I saved over the Ultra, I bought what was importanty to me... plus a few dollars.

Last edited by SUPRPIG; 09-23-2010 at 08:18 AM. Reason: SP
Old 09-23-2010, 01:20 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DeafUltra
Congrats !. Wondering why you didn't go another extra mile to the Ultra ?.
The one thing I'm considering right off the bat (which is probably more like "next spring" at this point) is the kit that allows quick removal of the TourPak. I wouldn't care about the rear speakers, I can add some very nice aftermarket lowers if I want them (can't remember who made the ones I was looking at, but they were wonderful and reasonably priced -- and available in BLACK!).

It's just -- I dunno... Never even really considered the Ultra for some reason. Maybe "too many" bells & whistles... IMO/YMMV, of course.

But geez - The "little things" -- My cousin is coming over to help me bring the FLHX back to slightly more "stock" -- It's quite a list... All those little, tiny things are going to add up to a whole day in the garage... And another day to put it all on the EGC...

Word to the frame though - Took an EGC for a spin (would've left with it if it had ABS) and was admittedly a little "tough" with it -- Inducing wobble, trying to make it modulate a little (it didn't), smooth shifts - No 5th gear whine (not that I ever complained about it really...), very comfy suspension (although my Tall Boy is going on that thing in the parking lot if I can help it).

In any case, I'm pretty stoked. This will be my 3rd HD, second "new" HD, 3rd new bike (I've only ever had one new car) and I think this will be "Bike 5.0" if I recall (as so many do, I cut my teeth on a couple "non-US made" machines).

And hopefully, they won't add some sort of miracle machinery in '12... That was one of those things when I got my '08 and like three months later, I'm hearing about the "all new, far-superior frame" and "all new blah, blah, blah" -- Geez, I just got the thing and it's already a dinosaur?

Last edited by JohnScrip; 09-23-2010 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 01:32 PM
88b
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride. I've been doing a lot of thinking after throwing my Road Glide down the road in Italy, if the insurance trash it I'll be going with a Classic but in Silver

Old 09-23-2010, 01:49 PM
isac
Road Master

Congrats on your new ride

Old 09-23-2010, 02:21 PM
Blue Duck
Road Master

Congrats!

Old 09-23-2010, 02:54 PM
dano309
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

you're gonna love the faster color .........black ......lol

enjoy & ride safe.....

Old 09-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Thinking about one too.I like the easy detachable tour pak,without the extra wires with the Ultra.Take some pics when you get it.

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger - 2011 Electra Glide Classic