Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub 7 truduals for $217.95...'07-'08 headsup!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:07 AM
mja52403
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The picture on the Dennis Kirk website is all I found.

Old 09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
fathertime
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i ordered a set just for the slip ons..i have bub brouhards now and they got a little scraped up in an accident a year ago..great sound and quality (slip ons)..i wont bother with the head pipes..for 217.00 ya can't beat this deal!

Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 AM
lnemup
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I am a little lost. So you recommend just using the mufflers, and not the full exhaust? Thanks

Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 AM
mja52403
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just make sure that the slip-on's fit the header pipe size. I believe the dual exhaust system uses a larger diameter pipe, so you can't just put a different slip-on onto these dual header pipes. I could be wrong on this.

Old 09-22-2010, 11:35 AM
leohd
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

bub mufflers are great quality, I have a set of dresser dog muffflers that are 10 years ol with no problems

Old 09-22-2010, 11:59 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sifularson
Hey Jonny,

I just bought a set of V&H duals and monster rounds. They look great but I won't have them installed for a few weeks.

What are you thinking about getting?

Steve
Not sure, but I am thinking a 2-1. I've been tossing the idea around for months and this winter I am making my decision.

Originally Posted by lnemup
JonnyD,

Could you explain alittle more about the pipes since you currently have them? I actually ordered a set, thats why I am asking. Is the quality bad? Everything I have read said there quality was great. Do you not like the sound? What differance am going to notice compared to stock? Thanks
Well, the crossover is a weak link in this system. Poor design and a bitch to get fit properly. The crossover has cracked twice, where it is welded to the front header. I've had a welder at work fix it, and it's ok for now, but it's coming off this winter. The sound is good, and I mainly bought the system for the mufflers and because they are slash up or down. I also wanted to get the cross over because I wanted to keep low end power for all the two-up riding I do. I've also had issues with the crossover not sealing where it fits on the rear header.

The chrome is no where near as good as the V & H pipes I had before. Oh, and the transmission bracket broke on our trip last summer. Luckily it was just a few hours from home, cause it made a hell of a racket and I thought I lost something in my lower end. Bub sent me a new one for free, and said they had issues with that bracket and made a new design. Pretty much not happy with the system quality, but I milked them for all I could. The mufflers are the only good part of the set up. But like someone said, you better check fitment on any other headers. That might be a deal breaker.

EDIT: looks like you guys already bought out their supply, Dennis Kirk has no more left and says no longer available.

Last edited by JonnyD; 09-22-2010 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:25 PM
lnemup
Intermediate

FYI as of this morning another set of Dennis Kirk.

Update:
Mine arrived on Friday evening. I put them on Saturday afternoon. I am very happy with the investment.

My question now is someone said no retuning would be required? My bike is stock other than these pipes. The instructions in bold letters say that retuning is required. I called Bub and asked them. There responce that is recommended because even though I didnt change airflow into carb, the pipes have more flow. They also mentioned Harleys from factory run very lean.

Notice no popping or anything unusual after install?

So what are my choices? Do I have to buy a program like a power commander? Is this something I can just take to HD dealer? Should I do the aircleaner first then tune? Need some help here. What am I expected to pay? Thanks

Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 PM
6burgh
Advanced
Default Pictures BUB 7s w/crossover

BUB 7s with crossover, The main exhaust pipe from the rear cylinder goes out the left side while the crossover is the secondary pipe. Both main pipes are larger than stock.

Attached Thumbnails Bub 7 truduals for 7.95...'07-'08 headsup!-spring-10-006.jpg   Bub 7 truduals for 7.95...'07-'08 headsup!-spring-101-021.jpg  
Old 10-26-2010, 02:08 PM
celticgent
Road Master

Another Dennis Kirk bub7 crossover closeout customer here.

Sorry this is so late, but I just got my pipes on last week.

I ordered a Fuelmoto deal* for $335 and had them pre-map it for the Bub7 w/ crossover

*EFI Tuner (rebranded PCIII w/out buttons) and Stage 1 Air Cleaner from this thread:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...ferrerid=21531

I installed the EFI tuner and the air cleaner myself in very little time. It took me longer to go to the store to buy a deep socket that I needed. Since I didn't have a service manual, I got one of the PDF ones off of ebay and printed out the section about removing the stock air cleaner. I looked at that first so I'd know what tools I'd need and get them beforehand since I don't have a full mechanic set.

With the new air cleaner and tuner I noticed a difference in throttle response.

After reading this thread about how the Crossover pipe was a bitch to get on and never having done an exhaust before, I decided to have an Indy shop put the pipes on for me. They charged me 2 hours labor.

With the new pipes on it runs great - feels 'stronger'. Sounds great too.
Very deep, quite a bit louder, but isn't horrible.
It pops on decel every once in awhile, but it's not really bad.

I told my wife they named them BUBS because that's the way they sound BUB-BUB-BUB

Originally Posted by lnemup
FYI as of this morning another set of Dennis Kirk.

Update:
Mine arrived on Friday evening. I put them on Saturday afternoon. I am very happy with the investment.

My question now is someone said no retuning would be required? My bike is stock other than these pipes. The instructions in bold letters say that retuning is required. I called Bub and asked them. There responce that is recommended because even though I didnt change airflow into carb, the pipes have more flow. They also mentioned Harleys from factory run very lean.

Notice no popping or anything unusual after install?

So what are my choices? Do I have to buy a program like a power commander? Is this something I can just take to HD dealer? Should I do the aircleaner first then tune? Need some help here. What am I expected to pay? Thanks

Last edited by celticgent; 10-26-2010 at 02:10 PM.