Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat handle bar on flhr

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 11:01 PM
speedybrother
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Fat handle bar on flhr

G'day from downunder

I am shopping around for new handle bars for my 2011 FLHR. The stock bars are just okay (some discomfort in my shoulders and upper back), I am sure the bike can be better with a change of bars. I am 5'8 inches tall, I have put the 16 inch windscreen on the bike, as the twenty inch screen was just a tad too high (causing me to look through it rather than over it). So I am looking for bars to compliment the lower screen as well as giving my upper back a more comfortable ride.

In the past I have had the narrow beach bars on my 2007 FLSTF and these bars were pretty good. So I am thinking of putting on the Fat Handle Bar (part no. 56032-08). Has anyone used these bars on the new framed FLHR (2009 model and onwards) and if so what were your impressions?

Further more I would like to see what they look like on a FLHR from the front and rear of the bike (as in the HD catalogue the give you a photo of looking down on the bike....not much of a help really) so any photos would also greatly help me.

By the way this is my first HD tourer and I am having a bloody ball on it.

Cheers
Speedybrother
Australia

Last edited by speedybrother; 09-22-2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:47 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Further more I would like to see what they look like on a FLHR from the from and rear of the bike (as in the HD catalogue the give you a photo of looking down on the bike.
Got ya covered right here. More in my album, it's a great bar, very relaxed riding position, more leverage to move front end around, and an old school look.

Attached Thumbnails Fat handle bar on flhr-sunday14.jpg   Fat handle bar on flhr-img_1339.jpg   Fat handle bar on flhr-leftrear3.jpg  
Old 09-22-2010, 08:23 PM
speedybrother
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you mate, very much appreciated and I must tell you the bars on your Rk look fantastic. I noticed you had braided lines, will the factory lines work on the Fat Bars or do I need to get `new longer' cables?

Kind Regards
Speedybrother, Sydney

Old 09-22-2010, 11:10 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by speedybrother
Thank you mate, very much appreciated and I must tell you the bars on your Rk look fantastic. I noticed you had braided lines, will the factory lines work on the Fat Bars or do I need to get `new longer' cables?

Kind Regards
Speedybrother, Sydney
I believe you have to go with longer lines, as the clutch cable is a bit further back. I think the P&A catalog gives you the part numbers for the cable lengths to go with. You won't be disappointed, it's a great bar.

Old 09-26-2010, 05:15 AM
Solitario
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great thread, there's no to much info about hd fat handlebars.

How is Rise and pullback compared to stock?

Have you notice the "wheelbarrow" effect? I have try wild1 508 and 518 but dont like the wrist angle at all.

Thank you