Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Road King with a fairing?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 10:01 PM
Louisianarider
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Road King with a fairing?

Hey riders,

I love my 2011 RKC and I've done a good bit of accessorizing to date but I'm not sure I'm done. The classic look is awesome however I'm trying to get two styles with one bike. I would appreciate your thoughts on my thoughts. The first look is obviously the somewhat "classic" look. The second look would have hardbags, a solo seat and a detachable fairing. I found a great deal on some factory hardbags and now I'm looking at fairings, Hoppe, Dead Center and Dragonfly. I love this bike and want to keep it so I'm trying to make it as versatile as possible. What do ya'll think about the second look and if the fairing idea is good with you, which one do you suggest?

Oh yeah, I'm planning a 1200 mile trip in November and a 1500 mile trip in January. I'm thinking the fairing should come in handy, right?

Thanks in advance,

Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

I went with the Dead Center Fairing for my Road King and I love it. Quality product, and great customer service. I thought I would have all this versatility, and be changing back and forth ..... But the bottom line is, once I got the fairing on, I never want to take it off. The stereo, sirius radio, and CD system is great, and I love the look. I think you'll be surprised at how much you really like the fairing, and we'll probably see your soft leather bags in classified's before too long. Good Luck.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:11 PM
spiker
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking also for my 09 Road King.From what I saw and read in this forum and on the web,I really like Dead Center.Good picture of one in the classified section here.(09 Road King).Called them about the paint scheme,very reasonable for a custom color,and the girl on the phone was very helpful on other questions.Heard nothing but good about the company.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:35 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm also an aftermarket fairing owner. It does stay on most of the time. There are many paths to the fairing, the major companys, $1500.00 packages the still require paint. Woody's Fairing is also a good choice at have the price. Some of the E-bay fairing are good but you have to watch what you buy.

I have sever post concerning fairing including the full setup and installation, installing a amp and so forth. Check my post I've post in many of the aftermarket fairing threads.

Last edited by Texas Rapier; 09-21-2010 at 10:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 10:48 PM
J_DORSETT
Advanced

www.wideopencustom.com

Ive never personally used them but met them at the lonestar rally last year and it really is a nice fairing. They sell for 750 with no stereo or 850 with a stereo and it actually sounds good. Definately worth checking out.

Old 09-21-2010, 10:55 PM
dredy2g
Tourer

I have the Hoppe Quadzilla and once it was on it was on, only time it comes off is for a good cleaning around the nacelle. Ain't nothing like listening to tunes when you ride it makes me want to ride forever.

Old 09-22-2010, 01:21 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I used to have an 08 RKC at one time, and now it's just a memory.... You can see by my sig pic, a fairing bike is now my choice. It still has a few RKC remnants to it, but that's it. Having that fairing, I knew it'd never come off. So I just put on the factory HD fairing and I'm glad I did.

Last edited by JonnyD; 09-22-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:55 AM
ddm502001
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a Dead Center and couldn't be happier, it has paid for itself in comfort level time over. As stated it may be just as easy to go full fairing bike as mine only comes off for local rides or for nacelle cleaning otherwise it is on the ride.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:27 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

got a memphis shades batwing fairing from bikerhaven.net for under $350 delivered. no stereo or inner liner, but it is really nice on a long road trip.

Old 09-22-2010, 08:21 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've got a Dragonfly and can't say enough about the company and their products.

I love being able to change up the look. When I run with a windshield , I like the leather bags.

But most of the time, I've got the fairing, lowers and hard bags on.

Last edited by Mike; 09-22-2010 at 10:42 PM.

Quick Reply: 2011 Road King with a fairing?