Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Ultra Limited left & right muffler differences?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2010 | 09:00 PM
TCMAN
|
Cruiser
Default 2011 Ultra Limited left & right muffler differences?

Was thinking of opening up the baffles in my new 2011 Limited, looked in and noticed right away the right side seems to be pretty much open; took a look at the left side and I am not sure as to what I saw in there!? Does anyone know what the left muffler has for internal parts? Thought I might find out from this great site before I go digging around too much and totally ruin a muffler. Also, I am guessing that the cat is in the headpipe before it 'Ys' under the bike and splits to the left side; is this correct? Can I just drill out the catalyst from the rear without doing any damage to the O2 sensors? Maybe with a 1/2 inch bit to get exhaust flowing a little better? Appreciate any responses, thanks all

Old 09-21-2010 | 09:08 PM
sifularson
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by TCMAN
Was thinking of opening up the baffles in my new 2011 Limited, looked in and noticed right away the right side seems to be pretty much open; took a look at the left side and I am not sure as to what I saw in there!? Does anyone know what the left muffler has for internal parts? Thought I might find out from this great site before I go digging around too much and totally ruin a muffler. Also, I am guessing that the cat is in the headpipe before it 'Ys' under the bike and splits to the left side; is this correct? Can I just drill out the catalyst from the rear without doing any damage to the O2 sensors? Maybe with a 1/2 inch bit to get exhaust flowing a little better? Appreciate any responses, thanks all
I just bought a 2011 FLTRU in August. The exhaust parts I ordered arrived today. Vance and Hines true duals head pipes, Vance and Hines Monster Rounds. I also have an Arlen Ness Big Sucker and a TTS tuner. This will complete my stage 1 upgrade. Total cost just over $1700.

I know you're probably trying to save some money by tearing into your stock exhaust, I'm wondering why. For more sound or for performance.

My advice to you is to save up the money and do a proper stage 1 upgrade. Your bike will run better and sound better.

If you proceed with modifying your stock exhaust, you may just open a can of worms. Your bike may not sound better and it might run like $hit.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve

Old 09-22-2010 | 09:42 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sifularson
I know you're probably trying to save some money by tearing into your stock exhaust, I'm wondering why. For more sound or for performance.

My advice to you is to save up the money and do a proper stage 1 upgrade. Your bike will run better and sound better.

If you proceed with modifying your stock exhaust, you may just open a can of worms. Your bike may not sound better and it might run like $hit.

Just my 2 cents.

Steve