Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Prepping for a bike show?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010 | 05:21 AM
Silverearl
|
Road Captain

Thanks guys. That is some good ideas and insight. I know that the upcoming ride-in is going to be tough but I figure that with two bikes is better then one. The only thing is my wifes' Dyna beat me in best of show and I spent more time cleaning mine. SO I guess it is not always the cleanest bike. Is any one going to THunder Beach next week? That is the show that I an talking about. Never been and just wanted to be in something big like that.

Thanks for all the advise. It helps a lot.

Old 09-22-2010 | 06:05 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

I agree with some of the other posters. Ridden bikes can and do win shows. A few weeks ago I went on a poker run that lasted half the day with a ride in bike show in the afternoon. I did the run, wiped the bike down, and won first place. None of the other bikes were in the poker run. And two were trailered in. One of the judges told me the same thing that was mentioned above. They like to see bikes that are ridden, and mine had 30K miles on it.

Shakey

Old 09-22-2010 | 06:54 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Much also depends on whether it's a People's Choice or actual Judges. Nothing is more annoying that seeing a "Checkbook Chopper" win a bike show simply because the only talent the owner has is signing their name at the bottom of a monthly payment, which happens quite often at People's Choice events, ask my friend who has a Fatboy that has hundreds of hours and gallons of sweat poured into it. Do your best to get the bugs & grime off, and the bike will take care of the rest. All I do is take a microfiber cloth and a small bottle of spray wax on for the tough spots. Just make sure that you have a good base coat of wax so that everything will be even when you touch things up...good luck!

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:05 AM
Silverearl
|
Road Captain

Yea I know about people's choice, That all depends on how deep your will to have your pockets tapped. Thanks for the advice and YTSEJAM nice ride. That took some time to put together I am sure...

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:28 AM
doyle2325
Cruiser

Took my old CT to a show and the vintage class I was in had a few trailer queens. I had more people stopping and commenting on my bike then they did. Had a blast, didn't win but I got called up on stage for having the biggest ***** to enter my bike in that division. I had just moved to this town and thought it would be a great way to meet some of the local riders.
What I was up against and the CT

Old 09-23-2010 | 08:22 AM
bagga
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by doyle2325
Took my old CT to a show and the vintage class I was in had a few trailer queens. I had more people stopping and commenting on my bike then they did. Had a blast, didn't win but I got called up on stage for having the biggest ***** to enter my bike in that division. I had just moved to this town and thought it would be a great way to meet some of the local riders.
What I was up against and the CT
do you have any pics of that rat that's to the right of the CT?

Old 09-23-2010 | 09:21 AM
Silverearl
|
Road Captain

But like others have said if I wanted a Harley to win Trophes then I would have bought one. I bought mine to ride and that is what I do but I do try to keep it looking good and I guess that we all do. It's nice to have shiny chrome. That is why we put it on, not because it needs to be cleaned all the time.

Old 09-23-2010 | 03:31 PM
YtseJam
Road Master

Originally Posted by Silverearl
Yea I know about people's choice, That all depends on how deep your will to have your pockets tapped. Thanks for the advice and YTSEJAM nice ride. That took some time to put together I am sure...
Thanks...took over three years to get the major stuff done, don't think I'll ever be done with the small stuff!

Old 09-23-2010 | 05:09 PM
EasternSP
Banned
Veteran: Marine Corp

A little bit of background dressing sets the mood of the bik, but if it is a parking lot show, its kinda hard to add that. Just a curtain backdrop with some accent lighting brings the bike alive.