Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust question...am I missing something

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010 | 06:25 PM
KutenFLHX
Road Captain

That's about what I paid for my setup. Since you have a 2010, if you want to go to a dual setup you'll have to replace the headpipe. I went with the Vance & Hines Power Duals and love them. Getting rid of the cat gets rid of a lot of heat (especially if you do around town riding).

Old 09-20-2010 | 06:43 PM
WolfDog
Road Master

$1400.00 dollars better than the 20 K you dropped on the bike.

You wont be sorry.

BUT, if you have have a bunch of money, you can piece it together overtime and will likly cost your more in the end and you still wont be happy with something. These guys are one stop shopping, that get you what you need to have it right as it should have been from Harley in the first place.

If you want to be happy call them back and order up, the rest of it is as simple as an oil change.
There are plenty of us on here that have done this all on their own.

All you gotta do is post-up when your hung up, and plenty will jump in to help you out.
Ride On/.......

Last edited by WolfDog; 09-20-2010 at 06:46 PM.
Old 09-20-2010 | 07:00 PM
SharkBite
|
Road Captain

I appreciate all the responses, I love this site...

First of all, I had no idea I became a cat owner when I bought this thing...but seriously it all makes more sense now. Also, I was in no way trying to imply that fuel moto was trying to screw me over. It's obvious from reading the posts that they're good people and that's the reason I called 'em in the first place.

Gonna go buy some cat food...someday maybe i'll be able to do more than ride this thing!!! I'll start saving my pennies for the upgrade, sounds worth it.

Old 09-20-2010 | 07:03 PM
fuelmoto
Platinum Sponsor

Originally Posted by SharkBite
Ok, so I recently purchased a 10 road glide and am tired of my girl calling it a 'hybrid'...I was looking to upgrade the exhaust to try and get my manhood back.

I had seen multiple posts on here about fuel moto and stage 1 upgrades that people were doing for around $600 or so. I gave them a call today and was quoted a price to go to a 2-1-2 system with the 4.5 jackpot pipes, the power commander V etc of $1,426.00.

I admit I'm mechanically-challenged so I wouldn't even know what the stage 1 upgrade is other than reading about it on here. Is that about what I should expect or am I being quoted to replace parts that aren't necessary? The guy I spoke with was polite but seemed kinda disinterested in explaining everything to me so I was hoping somebody on here could do so.

Flaming is acceptable and encouraged
The price you were quoted would have included the stainless steel headpipe as replacing the stock catalyst headpipe plays a major factor on the 2010 and 2011 models. Because you have a factory 2/1 equipped bike there would also be several components required to use our 2/1/2 head pipe and going with the V&H PowerDuals may be a better option. We do have a wide range of exhaust combinations, our PowerTube replacement muffler is $239.00 and we have a package with the PowerTube, PC-V and Stage 1 air cleaner which runs $629.00. If you have any specific questions we would be happy to answer them for you and spend as much time as it takes to make sure you get what you really want.

Jamie Long / Fuel Moto USA
The USA's Leader V-Twin EFI & Performance www.fuelmotousa.com
Contact 920-423-3309
Email jamie@fuelmotousa.com

Old 09-20-2010 | 07:28 PM
AK BAGGER
Road Captain

Yeah, I really love the V&H Power Duals header that Jamie sold me with my "power Package"... I highly recommend it. The only part I had to buy to make the conversion from 2/1 to 2-1-2 was an oem muffler clamp for the second muffler.

Old 09-21-2010 | 07:39 AM
SharkBite
|
Road Captain

Thanks again...I'll call back later this week and see if we can work out something

Old 09-21-2010 | 07:45 PM
MYFLTRX
Intermediate

I have a 2010 RG. I myself couldn't stand the hybrid sound. I looked around at just about every exhaust company there is. I settled on Freedom performance 2-1. New head pipe and muffler, in black ceramic. The install was easy, I think it took me longer to put away my tools than it did the install. I'm very happy with it and I'm running a Ridemaxx (no longer in buisness) EFI unit. 950 for everything. I did spring for the quiet baffle. Although it sounded really mean I don't think my neighbors liked it at one in the morning! In the end don't cheat yourself, get what you want.

Attached Thumbnails Exhaust question...am I missing something-000_0295.jpg