Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone here had parts stolen off their bike?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 09:46 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The little "Quickly Stolen and sold for next to nothing" market is one of the reasons Never to buy these from those you don't know. If there was not a market for them, they are less likly to be taken in the first place.

Old 09-20-2010, 10:45 PM
2011 Road Glide Ultra
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was just curious, as a vendor here seems to have a lot of security screws I never knew I needed! The most expensive item I have that could be pulled quickly is my Corbin seat, but with the tourpack it would be a bi_ch to use a security screw - and the dirtbag that would try to steal it would probably just mangle the paint....

Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 PM
davessworks
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Teachu2
I was just curious, as a vendor here seems to have a lot of security screws I never knew I needed! The most expensive item I have that could be pulled quickly is my Corbin seat, but with the tourpack it would be a bi_ch to use a security screw - and the dirtbag that would try to steal it would probably just mangle the paint....
He's got a point!

Old 09-20-2010, 11:34 PM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Never had anything stolen YET. I do however feel much better with my SaddleBagSecure kit installed. Plenty of peace of mind for $20.00 IMO. Looking forward to Dan coming out with more products and no, I do not know him personally.
http://brukus.com

Great people but his wife Kay will type your fingers off.....

Old 09-21-2010, 02:33 AM
bluewind
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some years back hell a lot of years my xold lady was taken, when we stoped to get gas while i was inside someone just up and took her.I looked around someone said she got in a car found out later it was a bud of mine i sad oh well she was a bxxh any way in the end my bud left her and she turned into a bxxhxn drunk what goes around comes around.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:00 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Default I've been lucky but I don't take chances either

I did lose a pair of cheap sweat stained gloves at an air show once. I'm surprised more guys don't have it happen more with all the crap they stick on the handle bars. I never leave the helmet (even at bike rallies) Just because they ride a bike doesn't make them honest. i bought the seat secure nut from brukus because I always worried about how easy the seat is to steal.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:04 AM
Steamchicken
Cruiser

I use a ski cable lock to secure my helmet....the combo lock has a long steel cable that can go thru the helmet strap buckle and the bike frame/etc.

costs about 15 dollars....get them in ski shops...can lock more than 1 helmet at a time...

cheers

Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 AM
mainshaft
Road Warrior

Wrecked my bike a few years ago in WV, tried to get home the next day, saddle bags and tour pack all taped shut, dash lights started to flicker so I pulled over to get gas (with a concusion) got gas, the bike wouldn't start, said fck this went in side to call a tow truck came out and my gloves, jacket and helmet grew legs and departed the area. Scum bags.

Old 09-21-2010, 04:50 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Theft ain't gonna get any better!!!! Protect yourself and your stuff!!! Thieves are gettin good...real good...Just doesn't pay to be a lousy thief!!!!......o~`o................

Old 09-21-2010, 06:09 AM
Twistabister
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had anything stolen, but I did have things replaced.. At Myrtle beach bike week, some ******** took my HD star gas caps and thermometer oil dip stick and replaced them with their stock ones..

Quick Reply: Anyone here had parts stolen off their bike?