Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Powder Keg Harley Mason OH

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM
utlonghorns416
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Powder Keg Harley Mason OH

Hey guys there is a lot of bashing dealers here. I wanted to post something positive. I was having some issues and I was worried about warranty coverage. The guys over there took care of me today. They got me in first thing and explained my issue very well. I recommend them bc their service manager is awesome ! He solved my cruise control issue quickly.

They have a ton of new bikes too.

Milton

Last edited by utlonghorns416; 09-22-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:15 PM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Is that the old Aces & Eights?

Old 09-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Flintshooter54
Road Captain
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Yes it is

Old 09-22-2010, 03:41 PM
navyman
Road Master

I have been in there a few times. The people seem pretty friendly, but they appear to have a large amount of personnel turnover. I am glad to hear you had a positive experience.

Old 09-22-2010, 06:43 PM
Badfinger
Road Master

I heard the personnel turnover is due in part to the way the sales manager treats their sales people.

Old 09-23-2010, 07:14 AM
navyman
Road Master

On their website they are always looking for sales people, so I think you may be right.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:19 PM
webbdog8
Road Captain

i just want to keep people up dated that powder kegs is now doing a great business they have bike nights every Friday night from the beginning of riding season to the end and yes both of thoughts dates are flexible and not announced

Old 11-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Johnny Nitro
Cruiser

I couldn't help but chime in on Powder Keg Harley in Mason. I was in the market for a harley in March of 2011. I believe at the time they had just changed over from Aces & Eights a few months prior.

I looked at a used 2002? Super Glide with 18k miles where they quoted me $6k. The salesman said the bike was in tip top condition. I asked him if he knew of anything wrong with the bike and he said no. The bike was parked really close to the other ones and I had strained my shoulder muscle the previous day so I never sat on it that day, or moved it out to get a closer inspection.

I came back a week later with a trailer hooked up and cash in my pocket. The same salesman wasn't there so I got whoever was free, and we went upstairs to look at the same bike. On the way up the stairs I asked him if he knew anything wrong with this bike and once again, the salesman said no. We moved the bike out into the aisleway so I could took a real close look. Found the crankcase had deep scratches on both the left and right hand sides, the ball on the front brake handle was broke off, the gear shifter had been heated up with a torch and bent back to the proper position, an aftermarket tank was on the bike, when I sat on the bike the tank flopped to one side, and the tires were shot. Someone had wrecked this bike (probably multiple times). I probably shouldn't blame the salesman for not disclosing what was wrong with the bike as maybe he was unaware, but C'MOOOOOON!!! This bike wasn't even roadworthy. I'm actually ashamed at myself for not looking much closer the first time I was there.

Since I brought a buddy to help me and took the time to hook up a trailer, I felt compelled to make an offer even though deep down I didn't even want this POS anymore. After I verbally pointed out all the defects I found on this bike (probably more than the ones described above cause this was 9 months ago) to the salesman, he asked me to make an offer on it. I told him I'd give him $2500 out the door for it as I felt that the frame, engine, and transmission were at least worth that.

We went back downstairs to the showroom and he presented my offer to the sales manager, and then the sales manager came out. He says, "That's a pretty aggressive offer.....we can do it for $3800 out the door". I said, "You know what, that bike isn't what I thought it was. You see that new 2011 sportster 48 with the orange tank over there? Come up with an out the door price on that and maybe we can make a deal on that one."

(For reference, the MSRP was $10499 but there are no price tags on their bikes). Basically their out the door price on the 2011 sportster 48 was $13850. Granted they had some aftermarket pipes on it but they weren't worth $2000. I countered with $10500 OTD. They came back with $13700 OTD for this one, or $12800 OTD for a silver one with standard pipes. It was obvious at this point that we were in separate worlds and couldn't come together to close this deal.

After Powder Keg tried to sell me a used motorcycle not fit for the road, and tried to gouge me on a new bike purchase, I would have to say, I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even recommend someone stop by to take a s**t in their bathroom!

By the way, I'm not a "window shopper" that simply annoys the workers and never buys. Just bought a 2007 softtail with 5500 miles for $9500 out the door from Jack Walker powersports up by the Dayton Mall. I highly recommend them.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:01 AM
blackswampbiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

another good thing about powder keg harley is it's in mason ohio and some of the teachers in that school district are really easy!

Old 11-09-2011, 07:27 AM
greenglide103
Intermediate

It is pretty sad that you people take something positive and beat it into the ground. There are alway bad experiences. Come on now your dealing with salesmen. Try starting a new thread. "my bad experience with salesmen".

Last edited by greenglide103; 11-09-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Quick Reply: Powder Keg Harley Mason OH