Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the 07's troubled or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 10:30 PM
Ctimrun
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are the 07's troubled or not?

For the most part it sounds like three issues, 1st and 5th gear whine, heat, and rocks in the drivetrain. Are these complaints coming from first time HD owners (which I am not by the way) who don't know what to expect or are they ligitimate problems?

Sound slike the rocks in the drivetrain issue is due to lugging the motor.....heat, well I am not sure on this one, and the whine is just a characteristic of the tranny/bike. Is the whine really that annoying?

Should I steer clear of the bagger due to these potential problems?

Old 09-11-2006, 10:39 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Are the 07's troubled or not?

I have a 07 street glide with no problems over 1200 miles, you will hear people in here talking about them , most of which own a 06's and have not drove a 07

Old 09-11-2006, 10:51 PM
Johnny Law
Cruiser

I have an 07 Ultra Classic and an 01 Road King Classic. The 07 beats the 01 hands down. No contest. Get what you want and enjoy the ride.
JL

Old 09-11-2006, 10:52 PM
lschultz
Road Master

I would not-go far it. Its like anything else when they come out with something new there might be some bugs to work out. I will get me one shortly. Son has him a 07 Roadglide ordered. You know how the internet is theres good and bad, most of these people you will never meet so you just read what they put on here. Some(not all) are probably coming over from other bikes. They are probably running a little hotter cause of the epa but that can be corrected. The one I have now was running warmer than the ones I have had in the past there so called stage I download did not help it any so I bought me a Techlusion DFO and put on it and this was a big improvment. Your probably right some people are lugging the motor causing some of these problems. Hell mine has a whine in 4th at a certain rpm/speed don't bother me. These engines are quiter especially the 07 so you are going to hear different sounds.

Old 09-11-2006, 10:56 PM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 727 Likes on 358 Posts

deleted

Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 PM
ones
Advanced

I have a 07 Classic with 3700 miles, no problems. I have not noticed the whine, but my hearing is not that good.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 07 SE Road King - Put 300 miles on in 3 days. I did get carried away in 6th gear though - looked down and was doing 90mph.

No tranny issues - No heat issues.

Go for it!

Old 09-12-2006, 01:11 AM
jpnelson1978
Tourer

hey doc, i love the rineharts, but gotta say all chrome pipes would look good on that sweet machine. thats a a bad boy. you better get some true duals asap rinehart sells chrome tips, hardkrome trexs would be another great option, other than that you look set to go.
ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

I have a 07 SE Road King - Put 300 miles on in 3 days. I did get carried away in 6th gear though - looked down and was doing 90mph.

No tranny issues - No heat issues.

Go for it!

Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: panheadache

Well, I read all the trials and tribulations, and still went ahead and bought an 07 classic. First 100 miles sucked. Loud in 5th = rocks in a can noise. Dealer (in diff town) suggested fluid swap. It had something light, like syn3, in it. I put in some Amsoil 75W140 Severe Gear I had and it made an unbelievable difference. In fact, I may go take it around the loop again right after this just to prove to myself I'm not dreaming. Bike hauls a$$, 96 inch motor rocks and rolls, 07 fuel injection is spot on, hyd clutch is very good. I'd say best HD tourer ever, but they better get on the stick and stop all these 5th gear issues. If they would just put thick good stuff in the durn things before delivery we would not be discussing it! sheesh!
If you mean Hydraulic clutch then you are wrong as there is no hydraulic clutches on stock Harleys, only easy pull clutches which are standard on all 06' and 07' Harleys.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:44 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thx jp..

True Duals for the 07's will hopefully be on November. Then I have to decide between the RH or HK's Trex. I love the seamless design of the HK's but I know the RH's are tried and true.

Have to see what Nov brings.

I can't wait to get rid of these OEM's

Quick Reply: Are the 07's troubled or not?