Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the 07's troubled or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 07:44 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Are the 07's troubled or not?

I'd buy it again and again. I didn't think I'd ever kick the 03 RKC to the curb but there's something to be said for the 110/6spd vs the 95/5 spd. Love the torque. I am disappointed in the stock sound, I'd swear my son's 04 FLSTF was "beefier" sounding stock (he's running Bub Jug Huggers now and that's an awesome sound). I can't wait for the Rineharts, the SE A/C, and the SERT.

Took a trip up to the dealership today and asked the techs on the floor (not the svc mgr) how many 07's have come back for tranny noises and the response was "NONE, NADA, ZERO". They knew about the "reports", just hadn't seen any.

Wife absolutely loves the ride. Plenty of room for her with the TourPak in the forward position, but I'll likely try and move it back just to free up some space for her anyway. She's been on her FXST maybe once since the Ultra arrived... I think she's "marking her territory", wants to make sure I don't just run off without her if you know what I mean... :-)

You gotta make your own decision. I'm sure there are some owners that got bikes with issues just like I'm certain that there are bikes that have owners with issues. When the 03 RKC started making noises I was up the svc mgrs butt making sure he understood that I heard a noise and wanted to make sure I wasn't imagining things... we all become intimately familiar with the shakes, rattles, and wheezes our rides make and when a new one starts it's like fingernails on the chalkboard. It took several trips into the shop before they acknowledged the noise and replaced the cam chain tensioner, chain, and associated parts. But it didn't make me wish I'd never bought the bike.

In the final analysis, yeah it was kinda hard swallowing a $37,000 price-tag, but if I had stood on the curb and waited for the "perfect ride" I'd be watching somebody else ride "my bike"...

Len

Old 09-13-2006, 09:53 AM
barkster99
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you're hesitant on an 07, I suggest this:

Tell dealer of your concerns and ask for 10 miles to make a decision. I have new RKC and, while I absolutely love the ride, I wish I'd gone back after first time in 5th gear and said "fix the clatter or give me my money back". It's not like it took a while to notice. It was there right away and it really does detract from my enjoyment. And it's getting worse. HD says they're aware but dances like crazy when asked what they're going to do about it (that was as of a conversation yesterday with HD Customer Service).

Just a thought.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:03 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Skip on the 07s,let them rot on the dealer floors,at least the touring models.Customer service is terrible from the factory,dealers hands are tied on what to do w/noise issue.These bikes werent tested prior to release,just listen to the people who are complaining on this site alone.I couldnt wait for my 07SG and now I cant wait to get rid of it.AMF dazes all over again!

Old 09-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Pastor John
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm new around here - and new to Harleys, but it's probably worth noting that the 6-speed transmission made its debut in the '06 Dynas and has been around for a little while; so I don't think it's as "untested" as some would have you believe. I will admit that my '07 Road King Classic is a lot noisier and "wiggles" more than my old Gold Wing. But IT'S SUPPOSED TO! That's why I bought it!

Old 09-13-2006, 04:28 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Warranty is useless! I have been back 3 times! HD customer service just ride it and enjoy it. BS I haven't rode it in 3 weeks.
ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

ORIGINAL: Ctimrun

Man this blows! I am ready to go drop $20K + on a new HD but I am having a hard time getting excited about it because of these issues. If I were to buy one and end up not being happy with it due to these problems, how could I really turn around and sell it to anyone? This whole situation sucks big time......

Every bike has it's issues.

Buy the bike. That's what warranty's are for.

I never thought twice about buying it and still don't. Spend less time thinking and more time riding.

Old 09-13-2006, 04:32 PM
drod
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Can you say "class action law suit"? Any lawyers on the forum?
ORIGINAL: drod

Warranty is useless! I have been back 3 times! HD customer service just ride it and enjoy it. BS I haven't rode it in 3 weeks.
ORIGINAL: DoCPooF

ORIGINAL: Ctimrun

Man this blows! I am ready to go drop $20K + on a new HD but I am having a hard time getting excited about it because of these issues. If I were to buy one and end up not being happy with it due to these problems, how could I really turn around and sell it to anyone? This whole situation sucks big time......

Every bike has it's issues.

Buy the bike. That's what warranty's are for.

I never thought twice about buying it and still don't. Spend less time thinking and more time riding.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:32 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain

Why don't ya just sell the HD and jump into a Jap bike then - I hear they are well built.

If I had a problem with my bike I'd be bitching to the dealer instead of whining on this forum.

Old 09-13-2006, 08:30 PM
lenrough
Road Master

As the saying goes, some folks just ain't happy unless they're complaining about something. Buy it and ride it. Or not.

Way I see it, the "Harmon/Kardon Advanced Audio System", with it's $2000.00 price tag cranks loud enough to mask all engine and tranny noises... and if you go fast enough the wind will take care of the rest.

Old 09-13-2006, 11:50 PM
panheadache
Road Master
Received 813 Likes on 389 Posts

deleted

Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 PM
Sportshot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive got an )& Street Glide and the only bitch I have is the exhaust is way too quiet. I must be lucky because I had none of the tranny issues some of the other guys have been struggling with. 2900 miles so far.

Quick Reply: Are the 07's troubled or not?