Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are the 07's troubled or not?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Domestic Violence
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 30 Posts
Default RE: Are the 07's troubled or not?

ask bountyhunter his opinion on pipes [8D]

Old 09-12-2006, 02:06 AM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 157 Likes on 53 Posts

You have to realize that there are over 17,000 members on this forum and sometimes it seems that the only thing we hear are the complaints and not the good stuff. We have however stumbled upon some legitimate problems. In 06 I knew about the Street Glide's inner fairing recall before my dealer did. Then there was the 8 degree vs the 25 degree injector problem. Personally, I would discuss your concerns with your dealer to see what type of feedback they have received. I rode 5 different 07's at the Southeast HDF Rally at the dealership in Greenville, SC and never noticed any problems at all. The bikes were running constantly and I never noticed any heat problems or tranny whine.

Old 09-12-2006, 02:09 AM
lenrough
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doc... very, very nice scoot!

Can't agree more about those OEMs pipes on my 07 SE-UC... when I first read the threads about the horrible noises everyone was hearing I had to go back out to the garage and fire the bike up. CONCLUSION - no matter what noises are coming out of the tranny, the sound of those stock mufflers/pipes is the most gawd awful sounding Harley I can remember, next to the stock 06's of course. LOL! Nothing the RH Tru-Duals, SE A/C, and SERT won't fix in short order.

Buy the extended warranty, ride it til it breaks, fix it, then ride it some more.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:03 PM
GreighWolf
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problems with mine. It is running lean but the fix will be here soon. Got V&H Ovals on the way. Dresser Duals coming later in the year (I hope). The slip-ons/air box/race tuner will take care on the bike running lean/hot. There was a slight whine in 5th when the bike would rather be in 4th instead.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:10 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Only complaint I have on my 07 RG is it has lost all electircal power 2 times in the last 400 miles. Didn't start till 800 miles now have 1200 miles on it and it's happened twice. In shop 2x and dealer not found issue. Waiting for it to happen again, so I can take it right back in the 3rd time and write letter to Harley to at least start replacing something..........
I don't consider this to be a MINOR thing. Not nice passing an 18 wheeler on the interstate and the bike just dies on ya.........It will be time for HD to step up and do something about it.

Old 09-12-2006, 01:27 PM
RobMay
Novice

ORIGINAL: lenrough

Doc... very, very nice scoot!

Can't agree more about those OEMs pipes on my 07 SE-UC... when I first read the threads about the horrible noises everyone was hearing I had to go back out to the garage and fire the bike up. CONCLUSION - no matter what noises are coming out of the tranny, the sound of those stock mufflers/pipes is the most gawd awful sounding Harley I can remember, next to the stock 06's of course. LOL! Nothing the RH Tru-Duals, SE A/C, and SERT won't fix in short order.

Buy the extended warranty, ride it til it breaks, fix it, then ride it some more.
Len,

so you are satisfied with your SE UC?? I am looking at the exact bike at a couple of dealers (waiting actually). The blue is due in in tomorrow so I will look at that one as its the only color i have not seen in person. The Ica Black and Orange was my first choice and still is after seeing the Candy Red. How do you like the trunk and do you ride two up and if so how does your rider like the bike rest? It looks nice to me.

Old 09-12-2006, 11:34 PM
CT_Duke
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: Ctimrun

For the most part it sounds like three issues, 1st and 5th gear whine, heat, and rocks in the drivetrain. Are these complaints coming from first time HD owners (which I am not by the way) who don't know what to expect or are they ligitimate problems?

Sound slike the rocks in the drivetrain issue is due to lugging the motor.....heat, well I am not sure on this one, and the whine is just a characteristic of the tranny/bike. Is the whine really that annoying?

Should I steer clear of the bagger due to these potential problems?
Ctimrun,
I love some of the answers you got. Guys who do not have an 07 let alone an 07 with a clatter problem saying we are full of s@$t. Like one guy with on 06 saying he has no problems so anyone with an 07 that has a different engine, tranny, etc, etc must be newbies whining. If you are planning on buying a touring model, listen to these self proclaimed experts and spend your $20+ thousand to take the chance of getting one of the clatter boxes or getting lucky with one that is not. More fun than a state lotto ticket and at the price much more exciting! By the way I'm one of the newbies that is bitching about the Ultras, I've only been riding Harleys for 45 years now so I have no f@#$ing idea what I'm talking about. Go read the touring and transmission forums, look for 2007 tranny problems. It just might be worth $20k to you. Is that ok with all you self proclaimed experts and winners of the new Harley touring model lottery? I gotta go now and read my Harley's for Dummies book.

Old 09-13-2006, 12:44 AM
Ctimrun
Novice

Man this blows! I am ready to go drop $20K + on a new HD but I am having a hard time getting excited about it because of these issues. If I were to buy one and end up not being happy with it due to these problems, how could I really turn around and sell it to anyone? This whole situation sucks big time......

Old 09-13-2006, 01:41 AM
DoCPooF
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ctimrun

Man this blows! I am ready to go drop $20K + on a new HD but I am having a hard time getting excited about it because of these issues. If I were to buy one and end up not being happy with it due to these problems, how could I really turn around and sell it to anyone? This whole situation sucks big time......

Every bike has it's issues.

Buy the bike. That's what warranty's are for.

I never thought twice about buying it and still don't. Spend less time thinking and more time riding.

Old 09-13-2006, 02:03 AM
OzarkHarleyguy
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

'99 ElectraGlide
'04 Heritage Softail Classic
'07 Road King Classic

They were all good but I'll go with the new RK. No problems and really enjoying it, esp the fuel injection. Loving not having to mess with the carb and choke.

Quick Reply: Are the 07's troubled or not?