Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can't decide which bike to get (Help Me)

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 01:22 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,573 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by kerrycorcoran
What's the OL's preference?

Well,heres the thing.She has ridden with me on our Springer so long with a crappy rear seat.All she says is she would like a nice wide seat.We both sit on the Ultra and she says the sides make her feel like she is stuffed in.She also says it feels like she is on me,because at least on the Springer we had a few inches front to back,and really didn't touch each other.The SG gave her more freedom on the sides,but she felt again she was crowding me,and she does have her legs resting on me.I don't know if it's just she is used to the having her sides free and having a couple of inches front to back.I actually got on the back of the Ultra,and I told her this is better than any drivers seat I have ever been on.One thing I will add,we demo'ed a RK even without a sissy bar,and she did seem to like it.I also like the look of the Ultra with the detachable tour pak,and sissy bar setup.I really don't know what to do.I'am begining to think the SG is out and now it is down to the Ultra vs RK.The RK is cheaper and that helps the wallet,but the Ultra is top of the line.Help!!!!!!!!!,lol.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:51 PM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'd go for the Ultra. You will get used to the top heavy feeling & all the touring line is so well balanced it makes handleing, even at low speed, a breeze. You can always do the quick detach for the tour pak but, once you get used to haveing it, you'll most likely never want it off. As other posters have said it is easier (and cheaper) to change a UC to a SG than the other way around! I'd say dont worry about the passenger floorboards you'll getused to them being there & the wife will love them over pegs. I got the Profile Bag Guards (I think visable in current sig pic) and they no longer hit the OL's calfs & shes only 5'2".

Last edited by 07FLHT; 09-20-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 02:34 PM
ga4boats
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a standard Road King. You will be happier with the hard bags, tubeless tires and blackwalls. This is the best value in the touring line IMHO. I went from a SG to a RK and am very happy.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:14 PM
cbears
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I had just the one bike, it would be a street glide or road glide. You can put a tour pack on if you want to take a longer trip.