Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody do a "street king"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 07:33 AM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not my bike, i saw it on a web site.. but this thing is BAAAAAD!

i liked it so much i saved the picture...

Attached Thumbnails Anybody do a "street king"?-road-king.jpg  
Old 09-18-2010, 08:06 AM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by mike1158
not my bike, i saw it on a web site.. but this thing is BAAAAAD!

i liked it so much i saved the picture...
YEP! That's the look I was talking about - Nice!!

Thank You!

Old 09-18-2010, 08:39 AM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts
Default mike1158..

Nice.. very nice. Close...very close, but not quite which is very encouraging to me. Here's how to see what I mean.. Go to the HD site click on touring bikes, then road king, then 360 view, turn the bike to show the rear, minimize it. Open a new internet window, go to the HD site, click on touring bikes, then street glide, then 360 view, turn the bike to show the rear and toggle back and forth between SG and RK to show both rear ends not quite simultaneously but one right after another. Sometimes I wish I was a little more computer savvy because I know it could be put up on one screen.
John

Old 09-18-2010, 09:46 AM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Wink No offense gents.. just a little humor...

Funny thing about wrestling with piglets in the barnyard, the sooner you figure out the piglet is having fun, the better off you'll be, sooo....

Aviator, oh Aviator, I have 22 posts now, can I be a piglet rider now
so's I can grow up to be a big hog rider like you with over 3000(!)
posts? Can I? Can I?

Old 09-18-2010, 09:53 AM
EP50
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Did a "Street Queen" once..got crabs. I'll never do that again.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:14 AM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Default I found it!

I knew it was to good of an idea for me to be the first. Check it out- Ebay auction #150493649088. (Sorry, don't know how to do a link, help?) Unfortunately it's the wrong color and a few to many other things to change for me, so I'll do my own anyway. Looks really cool to me! Street King.. Yaaaah!!!!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:07 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

2007 was the last year for the FLHRS (Road King Custom). It had most of the design features you're talking about. The CVO Road Kings were given some of the same treatment. A "Street King" is a term generally used for a Road King with a detachable fairing, and some of the chrome bits removed.

The Street Glide came about by taking some of the design elements of the RK Custom and applying them to the Electra Glide. It was generally felt that the Road King Custom appealed to many of the same buyers who were buying the Street Glide, and was redundant and dropped from the lineup.

Old 09-18-2010, 12:49 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
2007 was the last year for the FLHRS (Road King Custom). It had most of the design features you're talking about. The CVO Road Kings were given some of the same treatment. A "Street King" is a term generally used for a Road King with a detachable fairing, and some of the chrome bits removed.

The Street Glide came about by taking some of the design elements of the RK Custom and applying them to the Electra Glide. It was generally felt that the Road King Custom appealed to many of the same buyers who were buying the Street Glide, and was redundant and dropped from the lineup.

I really liked the looks of those "custom's" when they came out - Nice and clean - did not really care for those leather bags though.

You are right they are almost identical to the early Street Glides. Same passenger peg's same tank emblem clean front & rear fender

Old 09-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Question

The customs are a nice looking bike for sure, but they still miss the look I like and found on that E-bay listing I posted a few back. Sure wish I knew how to get those pics here.

Old 09-18-2010, 03:17 PM
mrr4312
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is my Street King. Started out as a Road King Police but has been turned into a Street King.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody do a "street king"?-street-king-1.jpg   Anybody do a "street king"?-street-king-2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anybody do a "street king"?