Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody do a "street king"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Very close, I guess I'm thinking more on the lines of comepletly replacing the RK fender and tail light/ signal assemblies with the same SG assemblies. I like the SG look from the rear alot (or the RG custom for that matter) but after test riding the RK with and w/o the wind shield I like the view, wind protection choices, looks, lack of radio, lack of guages, all for the sake of simplicity and a minimalistic non distracting ride that takes me back to my youth(?). I rode my 1971 Triumph 650 Tiger to Daytona from Syracuse NY in 1975 during hurricane season with the whole east coast underwater. I had to be at AMI for fall classes. I haven't been without a fairing since 1988 so it's an RK for me. I like to tinker with my bikes and make them my own, as so many of you do. Just a thought I had about a "street king". By the way- thanks for hanging in and responding to my original start of this thread. I've been lurking on and off here for years, and lurking amongst HDs and HD riders for decades. Thanks again go to Green MT. HD for helping me solve my fit issues. John

Old 09-17-2010, 07:16 PM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

Sorry, I forgot to iron and starch my panties this morning!

Old 09-17-2010, 08:42 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jag1886
Is this what you are referring to? This an 07 RK with a RK Custom turn signal bar and the plate moved under the taillight, I used Harley's lower fender extension kit and had it painted to match, the fairing is a Woody's with no radio.
That's what I was talking about - Great great job and nice and diff look

Old 09-17-2010, 08:43 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk.IBO
Very close, I guess I'm thinking more on the lines of comepletly replacing the RK fender and tail light/ signal assemblies with the same SG assemblies. I like the SG look from the rear alot (or the RG custom for that matter) but after test riding the RK with and w/o the wind shield I like the view, wind protection choices, looks, lack of radio, lack of guages, all for the sake of simplicity and a minimalistic non distracting ride that takes me back to my youth(?). I rode my 1971 Triumph 650 Tiger to Daytona from Syracuse NY in 1975 during hurricane season with the whole east coast underwater. I had to be at AMI for fall classes. I haven't been without a fairing since 1988 so it's an RK for me. I like to tinker with my bikes and make them my own, as so many of you do. Just a thought I had about a "street king". By the way- thanks for hanging in and responding to my original start of this thread. I've been lurking on and off here for years, and lurking amongst HDs and HD riders for decades. Thanks again go to Green MT. HD for helping me solve my fit issues. John
I think that Jag1886 has the look we are looking for JMO. I ride with a bud that has a 09RGSE that has only thefender filler lights - they are a bit difficult to see sometimes. Glad we could straighten things out to your satisfaction - Tom

Last edited by 10 RED RK; 09-17-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

SO I guess that makes mine a Ultra King!!

Old 09-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Nightrider2
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Is this the look your talking about, RK/custom, hard bags, glide extended rear fender tip with run/break lights & bag fillers

Old 09-18-2010, 02:44 AM
jtomhd
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Aviator...

...what's your problem, Bro?

A guy comes on here to post and you jump all over his **** about number of posts and he doesn't have a bike yet? Then when the guy even opens his mouth to respond you tell him not to get his panties in a bunch, like he's a *** or something? Did this dude do something to you years ago? If so, then he's got whatever's comin' to him, but if not, you're a bully.

You post with military commendations under your avatar. With those accomplishments I expect you to conduct yourself with a modicum of decorum.

I don't know you or the OP. Normally I wouldn't get involved in something like this that doesn't directly concern me, but your commentary's insulting and unwarranted...egregious behavior from someone as decorated as you, and it pisses me off.

Wanna take a shot at me now? Go for it, Bro.

Old 09-18-2010, 04:04 AM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Aviator has been sniffin the clouds a bit much, me thinks...

But other than that, I too like the clean look of SG. I've said it many times in the past year, that I am going with bolt on changes to suit my mood(s). And I got the idea long before I joined HDF, so speaking for myself it was my own idea...

RK Convertable is how I roll!

Old 09-18-2010, 04:25 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Man you would think winter was here already!!!!!
Some of you guys need to get out more....
Here in Chicago its still September....Lets Ride!!
Good luck on your Street King....Personally,I love my batwing and my radio...
But hey thats just me....
Hey so what if you have low post count
I have low sperm count....

Old 09-18-2010, 07:26 AM
bmcgc
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about the SG look on my 09 EGS.

Then I decided that I bought the EGS for a reason, if I wanted it to look like a SG then I should have bought the SG.

My .02

Quick Reply: Anybody do a "street king"?