Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody do a "street king"?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 02:32 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I googled "streetking", and got this............
I kinda like the whitewalls LOL

Old 09-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Well, I am almost there. Clean front fender, detachable fairing made from OEM fairing parts, RG rear tail lights.

What is missing is the SG lower fender skirt and saddle bag fillers. Of course my friend went and beat me to it, and put those on his '06 RG. So I'm not to sure I will copy him, but damnit I had the idea first

But 3/4 of the way to a Street King.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody do a "street king"?-dan-s-road-king-rear-compressed.jpg   Anybody do a "street king"?-2010-road-dawgs-double-dawg-ride-003.jpg   Anybody do a "street king"?-2010-road-dawgs-double-dawg-ride-lake-ada-facebook-size.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 02:44 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member

But this is what I meant - although not the one I originally saw

Attached Thumbnails Anybody do a "street king"?-2002_harley_road_king_custom_police_468x448.jpg   Anybody do a "street king"?-2002_harley_road_king_custom_police_468x643.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Well, I am almost there. Clean front fender, detachable fairing made from OEM fairing parts, RG rear tail lights.

What is missing is the SG lower fender skirt and saddle bag fillers. Of course my friend went and beat me to it, and put those on his '06 RG. So I'm not to sure I will copy him, but damnit I had the idea first

But 3/4 of the way to a Street King.

Pumba11 - Yep - you got it. I spent a half hour looking for the pic I enclosed
and you "nailed" the look I was talking about I had a "line" on a prepainted takeoff "clean" fender for my RK but lost out on the
Ebay bid - that would have started me on the StreetKing path

I've got my eye on a FatBoy front fender tho -- I'm not giving up on that look

Nice and Congrats!!

Last edited by 10 RED RK; 09-17-2010 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Tomcraner,

Thanks, it seems to be a neverending evolution.

Still considering how to eliminate the rear fender tip light since there is a big divet behind it.

Old 09-17-2010, 03:34 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pumba11
Tomcraner,

Thanks, it seems to be a neverending evolution.

Still considering how to eliminate the rear fender tip light since there is a big divet behind it.
Fill the hole and paint - good body shop can do - should not be too expensive

My '10 does not have a rear fender lite. - It had a bumper - but I took that off with a couple of wrenches. Rear looks similar to the older RoadKing Custom - I'm taking it slow and easy. But I'd like to get a clean front fender

Ride Safe!

Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 PM
Adk.IBO
Cruiser
Received 73 Likes on 35 Posts

My street king would have:

1)no fairing (batwings are not for me)
2)rear lights ala SG (2 lights doubling as brake and turn w/o
the center light)
3)rear fender ala SG with low 3 bar light
4)color matched bag fillers

Not "so" different, but just enough so diehards would know some thing was up and others wouldn't even notice.

Old 09-17-2010, 04:43 PM
fulldraw00
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not ment to hijack

i look the look of the custom streetking...can someone tell me who carry those bag fillers
thanks

Old 09-17-2010, 06:01 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk.IBO
I like the looks of the street glide rear fender/ taillight ect.. and I've decided on a road king for the removable windsheild, lack of tunes (which I would not use), the look, and the ride. So I'm thinking there must be a bunch of front hit street glides out there that the parts could be had from to make a "street king". Clean and different me thinks. Pics, photoshop(?), and opinions all welcome!
John
Is this what you are referring to? This an 07 RK with a RK Custom turn signal bar and the plate moved under the taillight, I used Harley's lower fender extension kit and had it painted to match, the fairing is a Woody's with no radio.

Attached Thumbnails Anybody do a "street king"?-copy-of-dsc02868.jpg   Anybody do a "street king"?-copy-of-dsc02871.jpg   Anybody do a "street king"?-copy-of-dsc02838.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 06:37 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Adk.IBO
So, you equate riding time to number of posts? And you equate "having a bike" to owning a Harley? So whats up with that post Mr."Aviator"? What is it that you really want to know? Is this some little members only site? Last post I made drew another Mericun valew responss- "ditch the wife and buy the bike". I love to ride and I love my wife (and yes I ride alot) but I'm tired of jumping from bike to bike and bike brand to bike brand and likely the next one I buy will be the last. I probably would still be riding BMW if they hadn't forced my little mom and pop dealership out because they didn't emulate the Harley like boutique that they wanted. I am developing a good relationship with an HD dealer 2 hrs away because they treat me with respect, have offered a good trade for my Ducati, and the dealership that is 50 minutes away has the same pompous "if you ain't on a Harley- you ain't ...." attitude that has kept me OFF Harley for the last 35 years of street riding. And when I do get my Harley, shoot me if I my mind starts shrinking! Now, Do you like the idea of a street king or not?!?
John
just an observation - here's another one..... don't get your panties in a bunch! I don't are what you ride or if you ever ride.

Quick Reply: Anybody do a "street king"?