Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner VS Stock Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:56 AM
bucs012
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sundowner VS Stock Seat

For those with a Road Glide or Street Glide (I think they pretty much have the same stock seat) What is the main PLUS that you like about the Sundowner? I looked at one, Saturday and it looks pretty much like my stock seat on the 07 RG....Just maybe sits you back a little more in the bucket?

My but does not hurt me on the stock seat but my inner thighs do. I noticed the stock seat on Electra Glides are cut out more in this area. Seems like they are contoured inward to allow more room.

Old 09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Primo
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Sundowner VS Stock Seat

Deeper bucket gives more lower back support and the seat is cut narrower in the front. Wider and more padding for passenger.

Primo

Old 09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sundowner, lower, wider, just a much better seat than stock, for rider and passenger. My stock seat stays on the shelf, most of the time!

Old 09-11-2006, 04:07 PM
vegashd
Banned

I think Big Red just put the sundowner seat on his bike and LOVES it. He used to cry and wine all the time when we road and now he can make it a ocuple hundred miles without stopping.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Inforit
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pretty confortable seat, but puts me too close to the tank, so it had to go.

Old 09-11-2006, 04:53 PM
2006 Street Glide4me
Advanced

I put my stock seat on my 06' Streetglide yesterday (to look cool) and rode about 80 miles. I couldn't get off it fast enough after the ride, my butt was hurting so bad. The Sundowner is going back on and staying on, even though it doesn't look "as cool". I can ride 200 mile stretches on the Sundowner and the butt feels fine. The Sundowner is just a more comfortable seat. Oh, I believe it moves me forward an inch or so, which doesn't help or hurt me but might help others ?

Old 09-11-2006, 05:44 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Beaker one-nine, Big Red ya got your ears on???? Do people still talk like that on the C.B.?

Anyway- Well the dealer has a new policy this year (for most people) that once the seat is mounted.......i'ts yours. Called them today and they are giving me 2-3 days to decide so long as it's like new and no rain hits it! Least they could do after buying 2 bikes in 2 years.

Damn, Mustang will give me 30 days to decide. I will try the Sundowner first since it's local and cheeper then the Mustang seat #75449.

Old 09-11-2006, 06:29 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

Mod the stocker to be like a sundowner, there is plenty of foam to take out without loosing any comfort and it actually makes it more comfortable. I did mine, bpterb's and GliderXXX's seats. Ask those guys how they like it.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
bucs012
Road Master

Badx- You offering up your services? What will it run me?
I need a little more room at the front and need it narrowed just a little. Looks like from your pics that is what you have done?
Moved the person back or down a little more and narrowed the front nose.

Old 09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
BadX
Elite HDF Member
Received 91 Likes on 50 Posts

ORIGINAL: bucs012

Badx- You offering up your services? What will it run me?
I need a little more room at the front and need it narrowed just a little. Looks like from your pics that is what you have done?
Moved the person back or down a little more and narrowed the front nose.

I sent you a PM but I am not sure if it went through or not, when I logged back on it was a little weird. So let me know if you don't get the PM and I'll send ya another one when I get home from school tonight.

Quick Reply: Sundowner VS Stock Seat